AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=91460)

Dilla 2010-02-15 00:02

Fallout: New Vegas

Official Site

Miscellaneous. . .

This is not Fallout 4, that's coming later.

Kyero Fox 2010-02-15 00:20

i saw the trailer a while ago, and shit my self ._.

MrTerrorist 2010-02-15 02:10

Seen the trailer some time ago.
But the bigger question now is who now owns the Fallout franchise, Bethesda or Interplay?

Dilla 2010-02-15 02:23

Bethesda is still doing Fallout 4, so I believe it's them.

Albafica 2010-02-15 05:49

I saw some images of New Vegas, it looks like a Fallout 3,5 no? :upset:

Arbitres 2010-02-15 06:04

Ha, 3.5... probably not too far from the truth, regardless... They better have more pleasing haircuts this time around.

I'm looking forward to it, I also more factions are joinable. I was actually hoping Enclave being a faction in FO 3, though the most interaction you get with them is kicking their arses and have a 'pleasant' talk with a computer.

New Vegas... if it's anything like Las Vegas, then there will be dead hookers... or ghoul hookers -shudder- urgh >_<

Kyero Fox 2010-02-15 08:11

the hair cuts were fine, idk why you dislike them. you're not getting anime hairs so don't bother hoping :heh:

the gameplay is gonna be more like Fallout 2 than Fallout 3 so it cant be Fallout 3.5, more like Fallout 2 2 lol.

is it me or does the guy at the end look like killzone >_>

Arbitres 2010-02-15 10:36

Nope, no anime hair. Just want a ponytail, actually. Since blastback was the closest I could get, I used that the most. :(

Something that says "Hey, i've been out in this godforsaken wasteland awhile, so it stands to reason why I have long hair." I'm not asking it to be pretty, just long :) Narr.

I hope they keep the Ak-47... I loved that thing, even though it eventual got overpowered by other guns, like the Tesla cannon and Gatling Gun (No probably with Gatling Gun, I luv em'.. just hard to find them.)

:) thats all. besides my wishful thinking for joinin' Enclave. :D

Kyero Fox 2010-02-15 11:08

I pray for fo2 gauss rifle. And yea lack of longhair and pony tails is a bit wtf.

Bassoonicmayhem 2010-02-16 03:39

I'M SO F***KING EXCITED!!!! :hyper-^v^: (Pardon my French, btw :heh:)
My brother showed me the teaser a few days ago and I nearly crapped myself I was so excited. :D I find it completely ironic that Las Vegas is the only place that seems unaffected by the nuclear fallout. Sin City is unaffected by mankind's most destructive force. Oh the irony.

Then again, it's still unclear the actual damage the city has taken, but still I find it hilarious!

Xion Valkyrie 2010-02-16 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 2916392)
I pray for fo2 gauss rifle. And yea lack of longhair and pony tails is a bit wtf.

If you played the PC version, all those can be modded in =P

Arbitres 2010-02-16 06:09

Afraid not, I got xbox360

which may i say is really laggy at times

i'm looking forward to it, yeah? I also find it ironic, the place bedded with sin is the place less affected by our greatest sin. Hmph.

A gauss rifle is a must. So is a Kevlar vest, military apparel (I wish i was a soldier boy, okay?! ;_;) and a Desert Eagle to boot. An intact Desert Eagle with a painted skull on the side :) cool.

enough wishlist, The teaser was pretty thrilling, just imagine what'll look like when they're done!

Kyero Fox 2010-02-16 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 2917895)
If you played the PC version, all those can be modded in =P

i tend to not trust mods as much anymore.

the.Merines 2010-02-16 16:45

Some info pulled from other forums, which in turn were pulled from mags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PS3 Magazine preview
* It shows the command wheel for followers, with 8 commands: toggle melee/ranged, open inventory, toggle stay close/keep distance, back up, toggle aggressive/passive AI, use stimpack, toggle wait here/follow me, return to normal dialogue.
* Scripting is wittier, characters more distinct. Example from vigour test word association: mother-human shield.
* Opening inventory consists of a kit from the doc, adapted to your starting stats (like Fallout 1).
* The Nevada area is less affected by the nuclear war, so it has plant life, relatively unspoiled houses, and in visual presentation has saturated colours and a bright sky.
* There's a tutorial (led by a character named Sunny who looks a lot like Moira Brown), but unlike Fallout 3, it's optional, so you can hit the open game in 5 minutes from starting.
* NCR and Caesar's Legion are the confirmed faction, article assumes Brotherhood of Steel will be in but they weren't mentioned in the presentation.
* "In New Vegas it's all about the player examining the ideologies of the various groups that are controlling the area and supporting one over the others," explains Sawyer. "Each of the ideologies will have something good that you can relate to, but will also have massive flaws."
* When asked about PS3's Fallout 3 being inferior to the others and if New Vegas will do better, Obsidian devs make no promises but indicate it was a learning process and they're working with all 3 platforms and all have problems.
* The New Vegas strip is still in construction but will have gambling, variety shows and concerts.
* Electrical power is key in the faction struggle.
* Radiation is still a problem, there's a nuclear test site to explore north of New Vegas.
* The soundtrack will blend "Rat Pack style tunes with more Western numbers".
* New Vegas is not just free-roaming gameplay attached to a linear main story, but it weaves decision into the gameworld and gives you greater power to influence things than Fallout 3 did.
* On top of adding back in geckos, New Vegas has a whole new type of animal: mutated mountain rams called Big Horners.
* Sawyer says that Fallout: New Vegas is to Fallout 3 what Vice City is to Grand Theft Auto III

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK OXM
* The Brotherhood of Steel will make an appearance, but won't be one of the main factions, unlike the New California Republic and the Caesar's Legion
* Special attacks in VATS are performed by pressing Y (For 360)
* The Pip-Boy in the game is the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3
* Your quest in the wasteland involves finding out who tried to murder you and what was in the package you were carrying
* In Goodsprings, there is the option of joining with the Powder Gangers and ruining the town.
* Customization - Scopes on pistols is one example. It also affects the guns performance, add a large magazine to a weapon, and you'll notice longer, but fewer reloading times.
* The reputation will be important to the ending
* Nightkin have been turned schizophrenic through prolonged use of Stealth Boys, they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club. You can only target them in VATS when they're visible.
* You can covince Tabitha that the dumb mutants are planning a revolt against the smart ones, and that causes a battle between the two factions, leaving you to go and grab up Raul.
* Poseidon Energy was developing a solar weapon called Archimedes II. The plant is currently controlled by NCR, and they've placed a guy named Fantastic in charge of the plant, he hasn't figured out how to activate the plant or the weapon yet. But, if you're good enough, then you can. You can divert power to the wastes, or use the weapon for your own ends.
* SPECIAL descriptions are back: If you have 1 Endurance, your Endurance description is 'Basically Dead' and with 10 Charisma you are 'Cult Leader'.

synaesthetic 2010-02-16 17:41

I'm so happy that the Fallout MMORPG will never see the light of day. This is one franchise that does not need to be ruined with, "kill twenty radscorpions and bring me their tails" nonsense.

Looking forward to this; hopefully by the time it's out, I'll have the PC muscle to run it!

Kyero Fox 2010-02-16 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 2918882)
I'm so happy that the Fallout MMORPG will never see the light of day. This is one franchise that does not need to be ruined with, "kill twenty radscorpions and bring me their tails" nonsense.

Looking forward to this; hopefully by the time it's out, I'll have the PC muscle to run it!

and where did you hear it was canceled?

Xion Valkyrie 2010-02-16 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 2918091)
i tend to not trust mods as much anymore.

Aww, too bad, cause:

PONYTAIL:
http://www.xionsphere.com/share/Fallout/ScreenShot5.jpg

Kyero Fox 2010-02-17 00:46

I like my Unsetteler's hair thank you.

Velsy 2010-02-17 01:48

I <3 fallout tactics, played fallout 1,

I played fallout 3 and thought it could of been way better. It was a dissapointment to me. hopefully this has more to offer. Hopefully we wont see retarted gun names either. I like realism. But I did like the storyline.

MrTerrorist 2010-02-17 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 2918882)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 2918976)
and where did you hear it was canceled?

With the current legal battle between Interplay & Bethesda over who now owns the Fallout franchise, the MMORPG that Interplay was suppose to make is currently onhold.

If some of you don't understand what i'm talking here's a brief history of the Fallout franchise. When Interplay went bankrupt, they sold the Fallout franchise to Bethesda but there was agreement between the two companies that Interplay had the license to create a Fallout MMORPG but a clause in that agreement was that if Interplay failed to fund and develop the MMORPG in 2 years, they automatically lose the rights to Fallout MMORPG to Bethesda.

But after 2 years of no new news about the MMO, it was assume by everyone the game was in Development Hell until they recently reveal they started developing the game with Bulgarian's Masthead Studios on April 2009. But the problem was, the time when the agreement with Bethesda was made on April 2007. Since Interplay made the announcement of development on the game at the same month that the MMO license agreement was suppose to end, Interplay was too late to start and failed their obligation to make the game in time which therefore means they already lose to make the Fallout MMO license.

After 5 months of waiting, Bethesda sued Interplay for failing to make the MMO and demanded the company return the MMO license. But Interplay counter sued back claiming Bethesda broke an agreement that Bethesda was not suppose to interfer in that development of the MMO. Interplay also claims that Bethesda no longer owns the the Fallout license anymore because any interference by them automatically makes Bethesda lose the rights to the franchise to Interplay.

So now there's an ugly legal battle between Bethesda and Interplay over who now owns the Fallout franchise.