AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 650 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122261)

Hunter 2013-10-08 01:39

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 650 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

ranchan13 2013-10-08 02:14

Looks like a Kyuubi Infused Susanoo next chapter.
And apparently Kakashi is calling it on Obito being redeemed.
Not to mention that Tsunade and Sakura are doing another Healing jutsu. Damned useless women, good only for sitting back and pretending to heal when Naruto makes them pointless.

At least we're finally getting back to the action.

And calling it now (not really, I don't believe this, but it sounds good), Naruto ends up married to Sasuke, who just replaced Hinata as the hand-holding lover.

Can I also say First? I think I can, First!
Ok, that was childish, I feel better now.

Tchadnis 2013-10-08 02:26

feel like nothing happened this chapter the same usual blabla ..

Shay 2013-10-08 03:18

Combination no Jutsu Chapter! :heh:

I enjoyed it.

Souten no Seigyoku 2013-10-08 05:13

It looks like Naruto is ending soon. I get the feeling these are the final chapters, and it doesn't seem like he can stretch it out much more. Or will there be another arc?

Has Kishimoto said anything?

solidguy 2013-10-08 05:48

Fusion dance!

animeisinteresting 2013-10-08 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku (Post 4862187)
It looks like Naruto is ending soon.

If you mean Dec 2014. Sasuke and Naruto still have their fight. There's going to be about 10 chapters of flashbacks for every punch thrown since they can "understand each other" when they fight..

HasuMasu 2013-10-08 08:05

I'm projecting the end at some time in 2015-2016.

Was Katsuyu's home base mentioned before now? I think this is the first time I heard it.

Drake007 2013-10-08 09:01

I thought we see another Sannin, finally. To give more boost to Naruto.

Shay 2013-10-08 09:17

I forgot. Is there any reason why Jirairya hasn't joined the party?

james0246 2013-10-08 09:27

Okay chapter. Some advancement, and finally everyone has gotten out of their funk and are starting to fight again. And the Susanofied Kyuubi is finally making its predicted appearance.

Say what you will about the cliche and annoying nature of Obito's personality, I still think his attacks look cool.

mystogan 2013-10-08 09:51

it looked pretty awesome when naruto and sasuke where standing together with their powers fusing together, right after when obito said that sasuke and all had forsaken him.
i am expecting some nice action in the next chapter,

and even if kakashi is thinking this, i hope obito doesn't pull a Darth Vader and tries to redeem himself

Quol 2013-10-08 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay (Post 4862372)
I forgot. Is there any reason why Jirairya hasn't joined the party?

Dude...he's dead.

itachi-san314 2013-10-08 10:19

my favorite part was katsuyu oddly enough

DKN117 2013-10-08 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quol (Post 4862413)
Dude...he's dead.

I think he means, "Why hasn't Orochimaru used Edo Tensei to bring Jiraiya into the fight as well?"

Artful Dodger 2013-10-08 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKN117 (Post 4862454)
I think he means, "Why hasn't Orochimaru used Edo Tensei to bring Jiraiya into the fight as well?"

lol, I think he means, "We have too many zombies as it is, just let Jiraiya go".

Shay 2013-10-08 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quol (Post 4862413)
Dude...he's dead.

I lol.
10 chars.

Cookie-Monster 2013-10-08 11:36

Lol, I hope this is not the final fight. Madara's role has been too insignificant so far.

I'm still holding out hope that Sasuke will join Madara and we can have a Naruto v Sasuke showdown in the future.

Preferably I'd like it if Naruto "releases" kyuubi. Ie after this war, Naruto makes good on his "savior of the bijuu" angle, and works out some deal where he releases kyuubi and the other bijuu (with with their love for naruto they stop their usual cyclical rampages).

Then we could have a sasuke vs naruto fight where naruto doesn't have any kyuubi power, and he is a throwback of the 1st hokage.

As a side note, didn't kabuto say if you kill the Edo-Tensei caster, the jutsu will not dissapear? I wonder what happens if Orochimaru eats it this fight. Does that mean the Hokages will be resurrected forever (and only return to dead if their sealed?) Speaking of Kabuto, its only a matter of time before he breaks out of Itachi's jutsu and makes a slithering comeback to annoy us with more of his shenanigans.

SeanQ 2013-10-08 11:48

are we done with the motivational speeches yet ... it's been 3 chapters and they've literally done nothing but repeat themselves

itachi-san314 2013-10-08 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanQ (Post 4862536)
are we done with the motivational speeches yet ... it's been 3 chapters and they've literally done nothing but repeat themselves

everyone next chapter: "guys we can do this! let's go! I feel naruto's willpower! Let's kill that stupid tree of life!"

milan kyuubi 2013-10-08 12:03

Best part of chapter. Sakura and Tsunade combo! :)

Wandering Soul 2013-10-08 12:15

Not much really happened this chapter except foreshadowing that obito is gonna be redeemed and next chapter we get a kyuubi susano combo

Quol 2013-10-08 12:27

The story is probably going to go kill obito then madara takes over, leaving us with a new arc or everyone just kills madara.

Cookie-Monster 2013-10-08 12:35

One of the main reasons the villainy seems luckluster is kabuto.

Just imagine how much more strength (and fluidity) the plot would have if Orochimaru was the one who ressurected Madara, and was now fighting along-side madara (with Orochimaru getting a significant powerup along the way).

I don't know if obito is going to get redemmed, but like Quol said, Obito will have to die if he does get redeemed.

GDB 2013-10-08 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster (Post 4862520)
Speaking of Kabuto, its only a matter of time before he breaks out of Itachi's jutsu and makes a slithering comeback to annoy us with more of his shenanigans.

Only way for him to break out is to turn over a new leaf, if I recall. In other words, if he comes back, it'd be as a good guy. Or at worst, an anti-hero. But his days as a villain are done.

Ulquiorra 2013-10-08 13:06

Join the dark side Naruto...give into your hate!

Since everyone is just one big happy family, and Kakashi even hinted again at Obito's redemption, the only thing of major interest left is Sasuke's betrayal. Things are too buddy/buddy between them, so him stabbing Naruto in the back has to happen very soon.

Madara will probably have to act next chapter as the roles of the main villain change.

Ihaxlikenoob 2013-10-08 13:15

Back to the action, good.

Apparently Katsuyu is fuck-huge, probably as big as the Ten-Tails form of the Shinju, maybe more.
Since when did Sasuke's Susano'oh have a tengu nose?

Cookie-Monster 2013-10-08 13:40

whats a tengu nose?

~Yami~ 2013-10-08 15:32

I can't wait for the final attack...

show us some awesome jutsu... it's getting boring....
hahaha
and just show yourself already, Kakashi... you're going to miss the main show

Monster0 2013-10-08 17:12

I think the God tree is the God tree and not the tree of life.
And for kabuto to break free he has to realize who he truly is,and that could be evil.
I'm wondering if there will be a rinnegan awakening for Sasuke during or after the war,or never.
Orochimaru well never die unless all his cells are destroyed.
And it appeared to me that Sasuke didn't like what Obito said about him being a douche,so if he betrays Naruto after all this he well obtain a level above douche.
I also think what Tsunade and Sakura did with katsuyo should keep then from the useless comments from now on.

Phantom 2013-10-08 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob (Post 4862611)
Back to the action, good.

Apparently Katsuyu is fuck-huge, probably as big as the Ten-Tails form of the Shinju, maybe more.

Since when did Sasuke's Susano'oh have LEGS? :heh:
Come on, by now, we should be used to these little @ss-pulls from Kishi. He needed something to even things against Naruto's current power level.

Ihaxlikenoob 2013-10-08 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Jung (Post 4862792)
Since when did Sasuke's Susano'oh have LEGS? :heh:
Come on, by now, we should be used to these little @ss-pulls from Kishi. He needed something to even things against Naruto's current power level.

Why were you under the impression that I thought this is an ass-pull? I was just calling out the Susano'oh design change.

In fact how is a ass-pull at all? We've known that for a while now that Naruto's/Yang-Kurama's super-buff enchances abilities to a ridiculous degree; doubly so with Minato's/Yin-Kurama's support. It's expected that Sasuke receives a power-up from the chakra Naruto gave him: a legged Susano'oh is completely understandable. If anything was the ass-pull, it would be when Kishi debuted the Shinobi alliance buff, which was months ago.

The revelation of Katsuyu's true (read: COLOSSAL) size doesn't faze me at all, in-fact it explains some things, like how she was in two places at once while still being the size of Gamabunta. She just divided into smaller clones to be summoned.

Artimus_Prime 2013-10-08 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob (Post 4862611)

chapter 621. madaras susanoo clad kurama had the tengu nose. obviously this is with EMS only so understandable the same would happen with sasuke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Jung (Post 4862792)
Since when did Sasuke's Susano'oh have LEGS?

its susanoos ninja way

by the way, the senju are of the sage lineage or at least that what we are told. but hashirama mokuton is exactly the same as the god tree's attacks…has this been something discussed on the forums? the eye of the juubi is even a sharingan. i wonder if and how this will be explained….

don't like how tobirama made minato a better user of his technique...

sayde 2013-10-08 23:36

In a similar fashion to how One Piece can make the most climactic moments of the final battle in an arc drag on for what feels like FOREVER, I'm thinking Naruto's starting to follow suit.

Anyways, Naruto and Sasuke's kyuubi-susanoo team up is cool. But I think I'm officially at the point where I'm ready for this battle to end.

Hiking_Bear 2013-10-09 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 4863125)
In a similar fashion to how One Piece can make the most climactic moments of the final battle in an arc drag on for what feels like FOREVER, I'm thinking Naruto's starting to follow suit.

Starting? Oda covered the entire Marineford Arc in 30 chapters. Meanwhile, Naruto began fighting Obito 86 chapters ago and the war started 135 chapters ago. I'm thinking that the Infinite Tsukuyomi already happened and time is slowing down exponentially.

itachi-san314 2013-10-09 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear (Post 4863414)
Starting? Oda covered the entire Marineford Arc in 30 chapters. Meanwhile, Naruto began fighting Obito 86 chapters ago and the war started 135 chapters ago. I'm thinking that the Infinite Tsukuyomi already happened and time is slowing down exponentially.

seriously. this war is ridiculous. i've been over it for a year+. there should never be a planned out arc that takes this long, no matter what it is it will get boring eventually and there's almost certainly going to be too much that happens within the span of only days. it's just not good planning

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime (Post 4863042)
by the way, the senju are of the sage lineage or at least that what we are told. but hashirama mokuton is exactly the same as the god tree's attacks…has this been something discussed on the forums? the eye of the juubi is even a sharingan. i wonder if and how this will be explained…

tha so6p always seemed like a tree hugger to me ;)

Owlman 2013-10-09 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4863557)
seriously. this war is ridiculous. i've been over it for a year+. there should never be a planned out arc that takes this long, no matter what it is it will get boring eventually and there's almost certainly going to be too much that happens within the span of only days. it's just not good planning

How far ahead do you think these arcs and chapters are planned? (I agree with you btw)

Sasukeuzi 2013-10-09 10:39

Sigh, I just want this to be over and have Sasuke backstab Naruto already. We all know it's going to happen right?

Artful Dodger 2013-10-09 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi (Post 4863618)
Sigh, I just want this to be over and have Sasuke backstab Naruto already. We all know it's going to happen right?

I really hope it wont be as simple as that. It seems that Sauske has finally passed the point where he's going crazy because of the sharingan, and knows that slaughtering everyone wont solve anything. He claimed he wanted to become Hokage to make sure calamities like this war no longer occur; so hopefully it will be a battle of philosophies similar (but hopefully better executed) to Hashirama and Madara (or like the 3rd vs Danzo) rather than, "Haha, I backstabbed you because I was really evil all this time --I actually want to kill everyone in Konoha now. *stab, slash, stab* Thats three more down nisan!"

It would be great to hear, you know, some actual world paradigm or philosophy from Sasuke and Naruto rather than the same tired rhetoric emphasized in bold at the end of a chapter with them glaring at us.

Artimus_Prime 2013-10-09 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4863557)
tha so6p always seemed like a tree hugger to me ;)

Ha! Hopefully it's cuz he was a jinchuriki when he had his sons...yeah that may be why

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger (Post 4863672)
It would be great to hear, you know, some actual world paradigm or philosophy from Sasuke and Naruto rather than the same tired rhetoric emphasized in bold at the end of a chapter with them glaring at us.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Very inclined. However there was something about it this time. I know its the same thing again and again. Maybe it was sasuke standing next to him....kakashis narrative certainly played a role. But there was just something about having someone threaten to take/ destroy all you know and care about, ask you what you gon do and you be like, never give up bitch! I was like fucking right naruto! Just my sentiment I suppose.

You are right about the sasuke backstabbing deal. If there is going to be tension between those two after this war, it can't just rehash the madara and shodai story