AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Negima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Negima Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41052)

xris 2007-01-02 16:33

Negima Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 14!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

TnAdct1 2007-01-03 00:12

Just a reminder: the new episode airs on THURSDAY this week instead of the usual Wednesday time slot.

eggplant 2007-01-04 04:21

Oh boy, icing on the cake.
Spoiler for Episode 14:

Deathkillz 2007-01-04 05:48

^ LOL XD so i wonder what material is left after achieving something so big plot wise?

TnAdct1 2007-01-04 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 788671)
^ LOL XD so i wonder what material is left after achieving something so big plot wise?

Spoiler:

Vexx 2007-01-04 17:22

I'm beginning to think they have some idea they can "pokemon/naruto" this puppy into multiple seasons.... o please not that....

On a more positive note, whilst waiting to see Kaede or Mana or Chach in armor/cosplay forms, more Nodoka is always a good thing (sorry, I have a variety of tastes :) ). I do feel kind of sad that Shinbo likes to lampoon Setsuna's noble principles (e.g. fishing moment of exposition) but since they lampoon pretty much all the characters, so it goes...

djmaca 2007-01-04 21:26

He went, like, "gotta kiss 'em all!" while falling. Kinda reminds me of the Spring ed.

Vexx 2007-01-05 04:51

Frankly, my original take on the series was a "cute attention deficit pile of omake" ... and every episode makes that more substantive an assessment.
Now we have the Ultimate Power Mage Rangerettes Megagroup led by Pimp Negi ... and character development or evolution is probably sidelined (what little there was). Really loathing Baron appearances now as simply time-wasting filler. :)
Its not that I *dislike* the series... it just is that it seems I'm getting a slideshow of nice stills, brief character moments, comedic gaffes rather than a story. Too much PPD, hardly any Moon Phase.

My current theory is that they're setting up for never-ending seasons of Negito-PokeBabe (puns away...)

Deathkillz 2007-01-06 09:21

hmm not a bad ep but not that great either ~
Spoiler:

garra113 2007-01-06 12:47

Love This Episode And Hurray For The Song Happy Material Lol

Vexx 2007-01-06 15:48

Crap... I wasted my vote... I wasn't paying attention and thought I had another series up. Ignore my "10" ... I've only seen the raw and seriously doubt it'll get a 10 when I watch the sub.

aroduc 2007-01-08 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 789433)
He went, like, "gotta kiss 'em all!" while falling. Kinda reminds me of the Spring ed.

You too? It was like a weird fusion of the original series' OP and the Spring OVA OP.

The original series (Happy Material)
The Spring OVA OP
The ep 14 scene.

Seiryuu 2007-01-25 01:47

Wasn't expecting them to drag that song back, but it does fit the scene. And at least they got it out of the way early and in a more colorful way. No better than the last series' method to show the roundoff, but more amusing at least. And, while I REALLY wish they'd do a Negima that keeps more of what's so great about the manga, I do think it was a good idea to finish the contracts now. Any earlier would have strained the plot to the point that even the current level of absurdity couldn't support it, but any later would mean they couldn't properly present all the different cards. After all, I'd heard more than a few people complain after the end of version 1 that they only got to see a couple moments of their favorite character in contract mode. Let's just hope the last ep doesn't involve a simultaneous activation of all contracts and the accompanied cacophany of 29 girls screaming with pleasure in perfect unison. This is fun for a joke series, but some of these jokes can only be taken so far.

toxic_trance 2007-02-18 03:55

Well..Well..finally the subbed verdsion of Episode 14 was out..and what can i say..even though the provisional contracts were predictable...the kissing in air was totally awesome...So many kisses just had to earn a 10 according to me.

Hope negima performs a bit focused on the topic from now on than the total randomness...

fubar84 2007-02-18 06:28

Been waiting so long for ep 14 to be subbed, yatta! :D Although, Mahora should get any praise we can throw at them! :)

Seiryuu 2007-07-23 19:39

Just decided on a whim to take another look at this ep and noticed something. The one problem with a producer's decision to completely eliminate panty-shots from a series is that some spots require strained creativity and can result in some bloopers. For instance, I thought something was odd at one point in the falling contract rush, so I slowed it down and it honestly looks like Ku Roshi avoided panty-shots by not wearing any. A skirt can only fly so high before the animators have to decide between unmentionables and skin. Don't know why these people chose skin, but there it is.

anselfir 2008-04-14 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiryuu (Post 1057088)
Just decided on a whim to take another look at this ep and noticed something. The one problem with a producer's decision to completely eliminate panty-shots from a series is that some spots require strained creativity and can result in some bloopers. For instance, I thought something was odd at one point in the falling contract rush, so I slowed it down and it honestly looks like Ku Roshi avoided panty-shots by not wearing any. A skirt can only fly so high before the animators have to decide between unmentionables and skin. Don't know why these people chose skin, but there it is.

i lol'd hard

Sugar_Prayer 2009-07-17 11:59

About average :)