AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Seto no Hanayome OVA (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=72686)

gordok 2008-08-15 23:58

Seto no Hanayome OVA

For those who can read Japanese, the official SnH site seems to have some updated news on the OVA. The site has an OVA-dedicated selection, and the "TV side" has some news listed by clicking the date 2008/8/18.

[Official site: www.setonohanayome.com]

I can't tell for sure if the "TV" info is showing two alternate covers for a compiled TV season, or for the OVA. I'm guessing the latter, as both "covers" show the same release date.

I also can't quite tell how many episodes there are, but the artwork shows Nagasumi carrying one character that should be familiar to the manga readers.
She was easily "skipped" during the TV run--so if she's showing up now, it suggests to me there's more than one "episode" in the OVA, since [IMHO] her intro story alone would not justify making an OVA.

There's also a mention of this being an "OVA series"--though the release of only one OVA with several episodes would qualify for this description.

Based on some of the nafarious characters in the shadows, I'd also guess . . .

Spoiler for Possible Spoiler:

Which suggests. . .

Spoiler for Definite Spoilers:

serenade_beta 2008-08-16 00:10

キタ━━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━!!

It really was a shame she was removed from the anime...

I wonder if the
Spoiler for manga event:

@above (2nd tag):
Spoiler for reaction:

relentlessflame 2008-08-16 00:15

The 8/18 news is simply pointing to the two fandisks being released on August 29th. The two DVDs are similar, and each contain a bunch of characters songs, an anime short, preview of the OVA, and some audio commentary. Like all the CDs and stuff, you'd have to collect both DVDs to get everything (the answer to "why not put it all on one disc if you're going to release both on the same day anyway" is sort of obvious...).

Regarding the OVA series, it says there'll be two volumes, with the first being released (as we already knew) on November 28th. The first volume will contain two half-length episodes (total running time of about 30 minutes), along with an extra short.

They really like the number two for some reason, because pretty much everything comes in pairs. :heh:

musashiken 2008-08-20 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 1808183)
The 8/18 news is simply pointing to the two fandisks being released on August 29th. The two DVDs are similar, and each contain a bunch of characters songs, an anime short, preview of the OVA, and some audio commentary. Like all the CDs and stuff, you'd have to collect both DVDs to get everything (the answer to "why not put it all on one disc if you're going to release both on the same day anyway" is sort of obvious...).

Regarding the OVA series, it says there'll be two volumes, with the first being released (as we already knew) on November 28th. The first volume will contain two half-length episodes (total running time of about 30 minutes), along with an extra short.

They really like the number two for some reason, because pretty much everything comes in pairs. :heh:

Who cares, I'm getting them. Preordered the fandiscs from Amazon. Can't wait for next weekend when they get delivered to me. :D

Spoiler for manga stuff that I hope appears in the ova:

Midonin 2008-08-22 10:38

The OVA site is open.

NekoCharge15 2008-09-05 05:58

Seto no Hanayome OVA Trailer/Commercial/PV

Will be aired on 28th of November 2008.

The Chaos 2008-09-05 06:02

lol...They Gonna Have Date :love:

Deathkillz 2008-09-05 11:42

Ahh the preview brings back memories ^^

Still, november is so long away :heh:
Will need to rewatch the series in that time.

The Chaos 2008-09-05 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1869393)
Will need to rewatch the series in that time.

Already Did That Last month :p

Anh_Minh 2008-09-05 17:58

Aw. Looks like he went back to normal size.

FlareKnight 2008-09-05 18:04

Oh good memories coming back after seeing that commercial. Seems like it will be plenty of fun when it airs.

Midonin 2008-09-21 19:17

One thing I've always loved about Seto is the music, and hope the OVA themes are good.

The OP will be "Zettai Otome" by SUN & LUNAR again, and the ED is "Mirai e Go!" by DEKABANCHO, the duo of Rika Morinaga and Eri Kitamura. Looking forward to both of them.

MercFH 2008-09-29 02:56

Sooo.......can't wait for the OVA. Nov. right?

ugh I want the dvd's over here in the states SO bad

Forbin 2008-10-09 14:00

Looking at the promo video on Setonohanayome.com I see we now have some Cat Eared girl in the picture. (Even if it is still a hat). I bet it's another mermaid

The Chaos 2008-10-10 11:21

lol...It The OVA Have Thread now ..Cool :D

But Need More Trailer Since It after 1 month and Half well Air DX

tehjoker 2008-10-10 11:35

When will it be released?

The Chaos 2008-10-10 11:46

on 28-11-2008 ..That What ANN Said :)

xris 2008-10-10 13:50

While the DVD release date appears to be the 28th Nov, it does air on AT-X on the 3rd Nov.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 1977642)
Seto no Hanayome OVA (DVD release date 28th Nov, AT-X TV air date 3rd Nov)

Midonin 2008-10-11 17:18

Just checked the website, and it looks to have undergone a bit of an update. Also, instead of the Terminator in a school uniform, we now have the Terminator in a frilly pink apron.

Midonin 2008-10-15 12:08

The covers to the two versions of "Zettai Otome", the first OVA's OP by the San/Luna duo, due on October 29th.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...7_t_01_400.jpg
Cover for the version with DVD

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...8_t_01_400.jpg
Without the DVD