AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85353)

Nochgo 2009-09-02 02:08

lol, I didn't think umineko would have such fantasy/shounen like battle scenes. It was rather unexpected, and not really a plus, either. I certainly like the path the story is taking on though.

zzeroparticle 2009-09-04 02:06

Well, that was an episode to be lukewarm about. While the addition of Beatrice's spoiler system definitely shows off the show's gaming roots, the censorship really bugged the hell out of me because of how distracting it was.

Still can't get around to liking Maria either. Each episode that she shows up, she manages to grate on my nerves that I start laughing when Rosa gives her her comeuppance. I really shouldn't be laughing at scenes of child abuse, but in this instance, I can't help it.

Seiryuu 2009-09-05 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 2611858)
Even if Beatrice actually says in red that the red truth is true, this proves nothing. Because of the red truth is fake in the first place then she can say anything she wants.

One reasoning to support the theory that the red truth is actually the truth can be done with the same example Rosa did in Ep9.
If Beatrice really wanted to trick Battler with the red truth she could use it as a weapon and "kill him". She would never lose if she could say everything she wanted in red, but reality is, she does lose in more than one argument.

Of course this isn't a definitive proof because because it could be an elaborated plan.

Indeed, that is the problem with the red "truth". It's sort of like the old logic riddles, where you're dealing with someone who either always tells the truth or always tells lies. A liar will lie and say that he speaks only truth. Of course, like I said, I don't think Beatrice would actually exercise a loophole like this much if ever. After all, if she uses it indiscriminately, Battler will see through it and she'll lose everything it might have gained her. And anyway, it would be the same as giving up to some extent, since she would be accepting that she can't beat Battler without circumventing the evidence and facts; she would only use this if she were desperate, or if she felt completely secure in victory and wanted to "play" with Battler before destroying him. I think a character once said it best, that a good lie is a terrible thing to waste. I think we can accept most of what appears in red as almost certainly truth, but I don't want to forget that (in the anime, at least) her assertion that red is always true did not appear in red. If this isn't how it was in the VN, then either this was a mistake by the animators or it was a bonus clue that wasn't in the game. What it was I cannot say until this has played out further.

Jan-Poo 2009-09-06 08:07

Well I think they omitted it because it was trivial. As I explained, saying in red that the red truth is the truth has no real value.