AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Disney's Wreck-It Ralph (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110409)

SOGESNAKE 2012-02-16 16:19

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...=1328565234956

Quote:

Wreck-It Ralph is the 9-foot-tall, 643-pound villain of an arcade video game named Fix-It Felix Jr., in which the game's titular hero fixes buildings that Ralph destroys. For thirty years, Ralph has been doing the same job over and over and has become tired of being the bad guy. Wanting to prove he can be a good guy and not just a villain, Ralph escapes his game through the power cord and lands in Hero's Duty, a first-person shooter where he helps the game's hero, Sergeant Calhoun, battle against "Cy-Bugs", the game's alien invaders. He later enters Sugar Rush, a kart racing game set on tracks made of candies, cookies and other sweets. There, Ralph meets Vanellope von Schweetz, one of the game's characters, who has learned that her game is faced with a dire threat that could affect the entire arcade, and one that Ralph may have inadvertently started.
Quote:

Disney’s 3D animated movie “Wreck-It Ralph”, slated for a November 2012 release, is very much like a “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” with video game characters. The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph, an arcade game bad guy who appears within a fictional 80′s arcade game called “Fix-It Felix Jr.”. Within the arcade game, Felix builds buildings, and Ralph destroys them. Sounds a bit like a cross between Donkey Kong and Rampage. However, just like in Toy Story, the characters have lives outside of their fictional roles and Ralph is having second thoughts about villainy, hoping to become a hero.

John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph
Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Jr.
Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun
Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz
Jamie Elman as Turtle
Stefanie Scott as TBA

I'm actually semi-excited about this~ :heh:

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2012/02/16/...ney-movie-yup/

Spectacular_Insanity 2012-02-16 19:10

If Mario isn't in it somewhere, I'll rage. :heh:

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

kenjiharima 2012-02-17 01:49

Makes me wonder how many licenses Disney paid for this...

Kismet-chan 2012-02-17 13:04

^My thoughts exactly.

SOGESNAKE 2012-02-18 01:10

Updated the info up top there, also have a small list of characters that are confirmed to make a cameo so far...

- Bowser (Super Mario)
- Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Zangief (Street Fighter)
- Kano (Mortal Kombat)
- Dr. Wily (Megaman)
- Ghost (Pacman)
- Coily (Q-Bert)

solomon 2012-02-18 01:19

Is this 2d or 3d?

SOGESNAKE 2012-02-18 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 4012058)
Is this 2d or 3d?

Fixed the info again, it's gonna be a 3D animated movie~ :D

SOGESNAKE 2012-04-03 02:54

Once again editted the info. Afew more voice actors revealed, plus more of the plot~

synaesthetic 2012-04-03 03:59

This is mildly creative. And it's from Disney. Color me astounded.

SOGESNAKE 2012-06-06 14:53

New trailer for the film presented at E3~

james0246 2012-06-06 16:40

While I'm not a huge fan of Disney's semi-abandonment of their built-in female audience (not to say that young girls only want to see Princess movies, but this is clearly yet another of Disney's recent animated titles that's trying for a more "shounen" demographic (something their animated studios have been unable to achieve recently)), the sheer quirkiness of this feature has me very interested (I also can't help but like a trailer that uses the Talking Heads).

As a side note, it seems Disney has been hiring some of the voice actors that originally brought these video game characters to life (ex: Gerald C. Rivers reprises his work as M. Bison).

synaesthetic 2012-06-06 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4195453)
As a side note, it seems Disney has been hiring some of the voice actors that originally brought these video game characters to life (ex: Gerald C. Rivers reprises his work as M. Bison).

Ithekro 2012-06-06 17:24

Well, if Raúl Juliá was still alive, that might work.

DonQuigleone 2012-06-06 17:37

Alas, Raul Julia is dead :( .

I'm looking forward to this movement, but I think it's a bit sad that Disney is getting a bit pixarised. While I like Pixar a lot, I'd prefer to have a Disney and a Pixar, not two Pixars. Disney in it's prime had a lot of good things going for it.

One of the weaknesses of this "pixarisation" is that their movies are, like Pixar's, more focused on boys. Though actually, this has often been a problem in old disney too. Disney's movies were never known for their progressive female characters.

Studio Ghibli does much better about this kind of thing.

That said, I'm definitely looking forward to Wreck-It Ralph.

kaito-kid 2012-06-06 18:54

Trailer looks awkward, but the concept sounds like a lot of fun! (+ Awesome logo) But this is definitely not a movie Disney should do.. Pixar should have made this one.
maybe it's an experiment.. Pixar is doing Brave (Disney style movie) while Disney is doing Ralph (a Pixar-ish movie)

I thought Disney was spot on with Tangled, they should stay on that path..

andyjay729 2012-06-06 23:55

Yeah, this does seem more like a Pixar movie than a straight Disney movie.

From an artisitic standpoint, I thought it would've been more interesting to have Ralph actually look like an 8-bit sprite rendered in 3-D, and of course roaming around in a modern CGI world

Solace 2012-06-07 00:21

"When did video games become so violent?"

An age old question, Ralph. /comfort

Evil Rick 2012-06-07 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaito-kid (Post 4195574)
Trailer looks awkward, but the concept sounds like a lot of fun! (+ Awesome logo) But this is definitely not a movie Disney should do.. Pixar should have made this one.
maybe it's an experiment.. Pixar is doing Brave (Disney style movie) while Disney is doing Ralph (a Pixar-ish movie)

I thought Disney spot on with Tangled, they should stay on that path..

Since John Lasseter, the creator of pixar is now director of Dinsy in general and so for behind all disney movies, I don't see the diference.

RRW 2012-06-07 09:10

it's interesting to see that disney manage to get many VG character. i guess license issue must be not problem for them

anyway it does seem look awkward. but it interesting if they manage to pull this off

Mr. DJ 2012-06-07 11:17

Disney bought Marvel for a few billion didn't they? some minor licensing like this shouldn't hamper them too much :p