AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ideal girl: what could turn you off most (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112601)

risingstar3110 2012-06-02 00:15

Ideal girl: what could turn you off most

Well, this is mostly to develop a short story idea. But let's just assume that one day, you meet your idea girl with great personality and looks. What will turn you off the most from the above list?

I make it and try to balance it out, so it's probably hard for me to decide. The issue could be sensitive to some, and more controversial as well. So you don't have to state your reason if you don't want to.

NoemiChan 2012-06-02 00:34

Hmmm... I wonder what genre are you making anyway. There were already many instances in anime where a guy meet what they thought were their ideal girl but has a weird "something that turns them off or away from them? Is that what you meant.

You may be asking for something that is unique then.

The thing that turn off me the most would be a girl that has a liking for old people around 40 to 50. But there is a reason for it.... Probably she doesn't a father since she was born. She longs for it "unconsciously".

Ah, this is embarrassing. Just trying to help. Sorry if my suggestion is so weird. By the way, the hemaphrodite would freak me out.:heh:

Hiroi Sekai 2012-06-02 00:44

I don't really have any honest answers, but I wanted to say that some of those choices are hilarious.

If it ends up being a story about a troubled relationship due to a "WalMart shopper" then hell, I'll read it for sure.:heh:

SaintessHeart 2012-06-02 03:03

Blood sibling? Which person wouldn't be turned off by blood sibling? It is a psychological circuit-breaker that prevents the human race from wiping itself out via incest!

NoemiChan 2012-06-02 03:05

As an incest fan, that would be heaven.

C.A. 2012-06-02 03:10

The greatest turn off would be that she is a hardcore feminist.

Dragonkid11 2012-06-02 05:24

Oh crap,this is one hard decision...

I think I will choose the first option......
Oh fuck,I actually think that being hermaphrodite is more acceptable

Haak 2012-06-02 06:07

We have to pick one? :heh:

I can't choose between hermaphrodite and blood sibling....

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-06-02 06:09

Blood sibling.......is ewww.

Sumeragi 2012-06-02 08:51

Hermaphrodite

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4188234)
Blood sibling? Which person wouldn't be turned off by blood sibling? It is a psychological circuit-breaker that prevents the human race from wiping itself out via incest!

Stop denying yourself, Otouto.

*Hugs SaintessHeart tightly*

DonQuigleone 2012-06-02 09:12

Got to be between hermaphrodite and blood sibling.

Hermaphrodite can be "fixed" with surgery so...

Xagzan 2012-06-02 09:13

Yeah I'm gonna have to go with hermaphrodite.

mangamuscle 2012-06-02 09:44

I was going to ask why there is no category for zombie/ghost/alien but who I am kidding, when has that been a turn off :heh:

Endless Soul 2012-06-02 09:47

I don't see obese or super fat on the list, unless you meant that to be filed under Walmart Shopper. I went with Others.

Endless "This poll is deeply flawed" Soul

Bri 2012-06-02 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4188234)

The Westermark effect (the circuit-breaker) only kicks in if siblings (whether related by blood or not) have grown up together. There is even some suggestion for increased genetic attraction between closely related individuals if they are unaware of family ties and have never lived together.

risingstar3110 2012-06-02 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4188111)
Hmmm... I wonder what genre are you making anyway. There were already many instances in anime where a guy meet what they thought were their ideal girl but has a weird "something that turns them off or away from them? Is that what you meant.

You may be asking for something that is unique then.

The thing that turn off me the most would be a girl that has a liking for old people around 40 to 50. But there is a reason for it.... Probably she doesn't a father since she was born. She longs for it "unconsciously".

Ah, this is embarrassing. Just trying to help. Sorry if my suggestion is so weird. By the way, the hemaphrodite would freak me out.:heh:

Well, i just want to make some more realistic approach to social taboo, rather than anime/fantasy~ish one where everything can be moe/ fetish. :p

For example , gunslinger girl who spent childhood living in a cave somewhere with her dear comrades, with dark history and old vengeance, found happiness in the middle of modern civilization... Used so much in anime/manga that it's totally so cliche already. But image similar case in real life, i don't think we will so easily accept that.

Or getting romantic with your best friend's underage daughter, with his blessing? Fuck it. I probably will be lucky if mine won't attempt to murder me at first recognising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 4188240)
The greatest turn off would be that she is a hardcore feminist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4188667)
I don't see obese or super fat on the list, unless you meant that to be filed under Walmart Shopper. I went with Others.

Endless "This poll is deeply flawed" Soul

But that would conflict with the idea that her look and personality is ideal to you. You know... someone you can totally enjoy in the first few non-serious meet/ date. But can go horribly wrong later

I couldn't decide if i should allow multiple choice poll at first. But then i was afraid that everyone will tick all boxes

Kyuu 2012-06-02 11:46

Quote:

Your blood sibling
To anyone answering that -- how do you feel about Kirino? :heh::eyespin: Just remember the possibility. Yea. Y'know what she's doin' there... :heh::eyespin:

Edijs 2012-06-02 11:52

I stick with Hermaphrodite

JC... 2012-06-02 11:57

Chose multiple personalities, would you really want your girlfriend to become a wailing child or something every so often?

C.A. 2012-06-02 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 4188741)
But that would conflict with the idea that her look and personality is ideal to you. You know... someone you can totally enjoy in the first few non-serious meet/ date. But can go horribly wrong later

Its exactly because of the high stakes that you can write an interesting story out of it.

How would a man overcome and show the feminist that good men like you exist and change her perspectives of men and win her heart?

Can be a tsundere character or something.