AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What is One Piece about? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4701)

WooHyuk2Be 2004-01-12 23:39

What is One Piece about?

Lemme know~

Ral 2004-01-13 00:05

I'll try my best.

It's the age of pirates. Many pirates are out to find the lengendary treasure "One Piece" left by the former Pirate King Gold Rodger. Monkey D. Luffy leaves his village on a small boat to form his own pirate crew. Leaving with a straw hat that a pirate he looked up to gave to him to return. Luffy isn't an ordinary person though, he ate the Devil Fruit called the Gomu Gomu Fruit which made him a rubber man but he could never swim. You can see Luffy set out and find his crew and become the next Pirate King.

It has adventure, action, and comedy. All of the characters are enjoyable. I highly recomend that you see it. It's one of my favorites.

Prince of Chronics 2004-01-13 00:10

One Piece is sick! It's a pretty damn entertaining adventure cartoon... good action/comedy too!

It's definitely one of my favorite animes as well....

WooHyuk2Be 2004-01-13 00:18

so its omre of a comedy?

Lord Raiden 2004-01-13 00:24

Comedy, action, adventure. Yeah, all of those. :)

Jn183 2004-01-13 03:34

And also, there is Dramaaaaa in there too. Also, horror and thriller. You know all of those lil stuff. NOW GO D/L IT AND WATCH IT FOR 10hrs. THEN COME BACK ON THIS FORUM AND START POSTING *ahem* excuse me :)

Tommy 2004-01-13 04:03

Pirates!!! argh, swab the deck matie!

taskette 2004-01-13 10:22

One Piece is an anime about a kid named Luffy who wants to become the Pirate King aka the best pirate by obtaining one piece, the legendary treasure left behind by the Former Pirate King, Gold Roger, who was executed... that's basically the main plot, but the story branches into hundreds of other plots, too.

I finished all of what Kaizoku fansubbed so far, and it is a great anime. The thing I love the most about One Piece is the drama and the morals/lessons that are being projected each episode. The action is good and it's hilarious, but that's not what makes it shine, it's the drama, IMO.

Bremm 2004-01-13 16:08

I downloaded eps 20-70 and watched them all within the span of two days. Thats 50 episodes... about 25 mins apiece... 1250 minutes... or around 20 hours or so... that's about 10 hours a day...

So yeah... One Piece rules... so go watch it! But be careful! Once you start, you may never be able to stop! (though that's not always a bad thing)

Prince of Chronics 2004-01-13 17:40

Yeah... the thing with One Piece is that you find yourself watching so many episodes sequentially.... cuz it's one of those shows that you always want to know what happens next... it's a pretty addicting show!

Antonik 2004-01-13 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Yeah... the thing with One Piece is that you find yourself watching so many episodes sequentially.... cuz it's one of those shows that you always want to know what happens next... it's a pretty addicting show!

pretty addictive too, once i sat down to watch it, i was glued to the monitor for 18hours lol thats 54episodes :o good thing it was a saturday lol

Kyoji 2004-01-18 15:46

is it worth trying to download all the eps now, after so many have been released?

Vicious 2004-01-18 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji
is it worth trying to download all the eps now, after so many have been released?

Of course it is! ^^
One Piece is, without a doubt, one of the best anime nowadays. Really worth dling all episodes and Movies so far, and keep watching it too ;)

Nine Devil 2004-01-18 18:06

yeah it rocks manga too doesn't it Vicious-san ;)

Kyoji 2004-01-18 18:20

looks like next weekend i'll be having a one piece leech fest
^_____________________^

SwiftStar 2004-01-19 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji

Unlike some shows, the old eps. of One Piece are still reasonably well seeded and peered. I am in the middle of dling 11-30 right now.

Prince of Chronics 2004-01-19 17:02

yah... I just started watching One Piece in early November and there was a good amount of seeds ... and it wasn't too bad gettin all the episodes that K-F released.... imo... there are lots of peeps like me who are gettin into One Piece cuz of all the talk about it... and thus we get a decent amount of seeds for older eps.....

Sakuta 2004-01-21 13:02

Just watched episode 176

It's Great , don't miss it !

Prince of Chronics 2004-01-21 13:50

That is way too ahead of me... :D trust me... I won't miss it.... but I'm more concerned with episode 80 right now.... :D

bram 2004-02-02 08:07

Where to get the eps above a 100!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuta
Just watched episode 176

It's Great , don't miss it !

Hey you say you just watched ep 176, but ive seen all #kaizouku eps and thats up till 81 now. So i was wonderin where you got all those eps above 81 uptil 176, coz i would like to see more hehe. It's indeed a pridey addicting show. :)

Bram