AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Youkai Shoujo - Monster Girl(Manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=130881)

Somethindarker 2015-02-15 06:17

Youkai Shoujo - Monster Girl(Manga)

Youkai Shoujo-Monsuga

Cover 1.

Cover 2.

Cover 3.
Synopsis:
Part time worker at a general store in Akiba, Yatsuki encounters a beautiful girl named Rokka when she lands on his face in the middle of a park. Much to his surprise, he's able to become friends with this beautiful girl... but she hides a terrible secret that Yatsuki will find out soon enough. With other beautiful girls that surround him, including his little sister Nanao and the maid cafe girl Moru, Yatsuki will have to fight to protect the supernatural girls around him.

Personal thoughts:
I love this manga, the author's previous work was "Addicted to Curry" which I always had a blast reading so the story is definitely solid. His artwork is great and his character's extremely likable. Before he finished Curry he handed in this story as a pitch for a next series as a one shot, he got it picked up before any other pitches were even considered. The action is great, world building is top notch the art is amazing in his spreads. Hopefully you guys find it as entertaining and enjoyable like I do.

p.s. Kakiman = best tsundere 2014.

setsuna-chan 2015-07-26 23:01

The moment main char finally able to touch his imouto after so many years... yeah, rarely time when a ecchi harem can move my mind so that much.

PS: i wonder what hint in chapter 43? Anime adaption? Drama CD? Live Action? Game? Someone known, please tell me.

Johnny 2015-07-27 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuna-chan (Post 5604848)
PS: i wonder what hint in chapter 43? Anime adaption? Drama CD? Live Action? Game? Someone known, please tell me.

It was about a special chapter going to be published in Jump SQ...

cloud04 2015-07-27 01:34

and the translator hoping for anime soon lol
i am waiting for the spider girl to come back

setsuna-chan 2015-07-27 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud04 (Post 5604928)
and the translator hoping for anime soon lol
i am waiting for the spider girl to come back

I'm also the one of those hopers, you know?
Yeah, Kirue come back and turn out a tsun, most cliché twist.

NeutralZero 2015-07-27 07:23

also hoping for the spider princess to return but the cat lady is nice...

Johnny 2015-07-27 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 5605117)
also hoping for the spider princess to return but the cat lady is nice...

Spoiler:

imbuement 2015-07-27 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 5605203)
Spoiler:

But you know, spider's instinct was like that, even if Hime love him, she'll still wanna eat him. :D

Superbia 2015-07-27 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuna-chan (Post 5604848)

The hint to what lies in wait was referring to Rokka telling Nia they were going to buy swimsuits, which was hinting that the next arc would be a beach one.

Somethindarker 2015-07-27 14:16

Nia was too cute during the beach chapter poor MC can't join in on the fun, we've all been there.

NeutralZero 2015-07-27 22:20

Wonder if it is possible for the other Yokai in his group to merge with him... or its just Rokka for whatnot reason...

setsuna-chan 2015-07-27 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 5605605)
Wonder if it is possible for the other Yokai in his group to merge with him... or its just Rokka for whatnot reason...

I think other girl need more time, next maybe are Nia or Nanao.

Somethindarker 2015-07-27 23:44

I'm pretty sure the next one who'll probably have the strongest connection to MC is either spider girl or or wall girl.

NeutralZero 2015-07-28 00:34

got to agree on that, as much as we want the neko, she is more invested with Roka than the MC
while spider hime has some sort of affinity with him

setsuna-chan 2015-07-28 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somethindarker (Post 5605649)
I'm pretty sure the next one who'll probably have the strongest connection to MC is either spider girl or or wall girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 5605670)
got to agree on that, as much as we want the neko, she is more invested with Roka than the MC
while spider hime has some sort of affinity with him

About "CONNECTION", who can surpass Imouto? I Vote Nanao.:p

NeutralZero 2015-07-28 07:01

The imouto is still human even in her spirit form since she still has a live body, a spirit but not yet a ghost yokai
Unless it is possible for him to merge soul with a human that is

Somethindarker 2015-07-28 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuna-chan (Post 5605803)
About "CONNECTION", who can surpass Imouto? I Vote Nanao.:p

Nanao isn't a youkai though she's a spirit his "moribito" or whatever is, and I'm assuming since they haven't fully explained his heritage, a certain kind of guardian which protects people using youkai spirits.

DragonOsman 2015-07-28 19:14

Nanao is his real sister, isn't she? And as NeutralZero said, her soul is still connected to her body, so yeah, she's not a ghost youkai. Just a simple human ghost.

Anyway, does Moru still think Yatsuki is a youkai? Man, I really hope she finds out the truth soon.

Velsy 2015-08-01 13:41

I liked this series. But I think ti was the maid girl who was just dam annoying and usless. and of course the most annoying and useless is the one who the MC is obsessing for. Which is irritating :p

Somethindarker 2015-08-01 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velsy (Post 5609474)
I liked this series. But I think ti was the maid girl who was just dam annoying and usless. and of course the most annoying and useless is the one who the MC is obsessing for. Which is irritating :p

He's not really obsessing more than he's got a crush on her, but at least the MC knows what's going on with the rest of the girls unlike most MC's who are too stupid to realize anything. Shit even though he was obsessed with Moru he still took Rokka out on a date and would've totally banged her by now.