AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga]The history of Uzumaki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=53532)

Mr. Johnny 5 2007-08-25 05:54

[Manga]The history of Uzumaki

I couldnt think of a decent title but i actually want to get rid of all this once and for all. So i think this is the most decent and proper name for it "The history of Uzumaki". This thread is started obviously because of the last chapter 367.

Judging from the latest chapter. (correct me if i am wrong) I read that 2 names were given. Naruto's grandmother? And Naruto's father?

Uzumaki Kushina was the mother of Namikaze Minato who happened to be a female ninja of another village..from a former country "Whirlpool".
Now for a couple chapters now the leader has been introduced (well not the real mastermind but it's acting leader) "Pein".

Since he looks alot like Naruto and from the given information i'd say he is also a son of Uzumaki Kushina (Uzumaki Naruto's uncle) and a (half) brother of Namikaze Minato (Yondaime Hokage). It hasnt been clearly said but we can take a good guess that he is Naruto's father.

Now this isnt the only thing that's been bothering me. First of all.

1# Why would Naruto have the name of a foreign shinobi? (Uzumaki)
2# This Pein if he is family seem to have a rare ability would Naruto inherit this aswell? (whril/spiral eyes)
3# Who is the father? Of Namikaze Minato??

Willowwhisp 2007-08-25 06:23

Unless I'm mistaken, Uzumaki Kushina is Naruto's mother, not the 4th's mother.

tatami 2007-08-25 06:33

yes it is. not grandmother , his mother.

thread close :D

Kenu 2007-08-25 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 (Post 1113475)
I couldnt think of a decent title but i actually want to get rid of all this once and for all. So i think this is the most decent and proper name for it "The history of Uzumaki". This thread is started obviously because of the last chapter 367.

Judging from the latest chapter. (correct me if i am wrong) I read that 2 names were given. Naruto's grandmother? And Naruto's father?

Uzumaki Kushina was the mother of Namikaze Minato who happened to be a female ninja of another village..from a former country "Whirlpool".
Now for a couple chapters now the leader has been introduced (well not the real mastermind but it's acting leader) "Pein".

Since he looks alot like Naruto and from the given information i'd say he is also a son of Uzumaki Kushina (Uzumaki Naruto's uncle) and a (half) brother of Namikaze Minato (Yondaime Hokage). It hasnt been clearly said but we can take a good guess that he is Naruto's father.

Now this isnt the only thing that's been bothering me. First of all.

2# This Pein if he is family seem to have a rare ability would Naruto inherit this aswell? (whril/spiral eyes)

In Japan, it is common for a man who marries into a family to adopt the wife's family name. Which in turn would mean the children also gain the mother's family name. cf.

Unknown, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto does evolve a blood line limit.

Namikaze Naruto?

I made an attempt to translate Naruto's parent's names here.

Mr. Johnny 5 2007-08-25 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willowwhisp (Post 1113504)
Unless I'm mistaken, Uzumaki Kushina is Naruto's mother, not the 4th's mother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatami (Post 1113517)
yes it is. not grandmother , his mother.

thread close :D

:confused: They were talking about Minato (4th) and they said he was more like his mother. Especially in personality and ninjutsu --> Uzumaki Kushina.

And that is the reason why I think that Kushina is Naruto's grandmother.
And not his mother.

Anyway thanks Kenu that was helpful info :).

tatami 2007-08-25 08:35

they were talking bout naruto when referring to "his"

amOKchen 2007-08-25 08:42

Finaly some background info, looking more forward to this than the uchiha battle.

MysticNinjaJay 2007-08-25 10:00

Johnny what translation did you read? This is the one I have and the language is quite clear.

Uzumaki Kushina is NARUTO's mother.

I outlined the convo here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay (Post 1112485)
It's pretty obvious that Naruto is Minato's father.

The dialogue was sketchy but there was no mystery.

- Jiraiya said training Naruto reminded him of training Minato

- Tsunade said Minato and Naruto look alike.

- Jiraiya said he had no kids but that Minato was someone he would have bragged about had he been his son. He also clearly stated that Minato was the 4th Hokage.

- Tsunade said Naruto acted more like his mother (vs. Minato who was a well-composed prodigy)

- Jiraiya agreed that Naruto's personality was like his mother's

- They also agreed that he looked like his father (Minato obviously)

- Jiraiya thinks of Naruto like a Grandson (because he clearly thought of Minato, his student, as the son he always wanted).

Yondaime = Namikaze Minato, the father of Naruto

Naruto has the personality of his mother, Uzumaki Kushina (who was tomboyish and hyperactive).

He has the physical appearance of his father Namikaze Minato ( Naruto has always looked like Yondaime).

Kushina is said to be a beautiful redhead (not a look that fits Naruto) while Minato has a very different personality to Naruto (a cool-headed genius vs. hyperactive klutz).

We don't know anything about the Uzumaki other than that Naruto took his mother's surname and came from the Whirlpool country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenu (Post 1113578)
In Japan, it is common for a man who marries into a family to adopt the wife's family name. Which in turn would mean the children also gain the mother's family name. cf.

That's interesting to know. It doesn't appear, however, that Naruto's parents were married. They have different surnames, assuming that the names Tsunade and Jiraiya gave remained the same throughout their life.

If Naruto was born out of wedlock I'd assume that he'd take his mother's name.

I'm still curious as to why his parentage was kept a secret and who knew about it aside from Sandaime and the Sannin.

Quote:

Unknown, I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto does evolve a blood line limit.
I would be surprised to see Naruto come across a bloodline limit so much later than other characters and it also conflicts with his characterization as a ninja without natural talent but rather outstanding potential.

Pein's eyes hold no special ability as far as we know, much like Kurenai's. They seem to just be a crazy eye trait, I doubt he will have a doujutsu.

As for his resembalance to Naruto, since Naruto takes after Minato I'd assume him to be related to Minato in some way.

He could perhaps be an older son (Naruto's older brother) or Minato's younger brother.

His forehead protector indicates that he is a former ninja of the Rain village. If he is Naruto's older brother I'd assume the bloodline limit comes from Kushina (was Rain village within the former Whirlpool country?).

Their resembalance could always be coincidence but as we learned with Minato, Kishimoto had a reason to make them look alike and it does beg the question as to why Kishi revealed Naruto's parentage just as Jiraiya (the man who helped reveal it, of which appearance was the premier part of the convo) is about to approach Akatsuki's leader who looks just like Naruto?

Quote:

Namikaze Naruto?

I made an attempt to translate Naruto's parent's names here.
Since Johnny asked this question under the belief that Kushina was Minato's mother and not Naruto's I don't think we are going to get an answer to that.

Jiraiya and Tsunade's convo was very clearly about Naruto's parentage only.

What we do know is that Minato's father is not Jiraiya (who thought of him as a son and Naruto as a Grandson).

mind 2007-08-25 10:17

I think it's possible that Jiraiya is related to Naruto and Yondaime... I mean, Jiraiya has with great probability screwed a lot of chicks and maybe even Tsunade, (she seems to dislike him quite much but maybe it depends on some old love affair) so I think there's a chance that Jiraiya has a few children he don't know about.

Anyway, I would enjoy if the story turned out that way. :D

MysticNinjaJay 2007-08-25 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind (Post 1113733)
I think it's possible that Jiraiya is related to Naruto and Yondaime... I mean, Jiraiya has with great probability screwed a lot of chicks and maybe even Tsunade, (she seems to dislike him quite much but maybe it depends on some old love affair) so I think there's a chance that Jiraiya has a few children he don't know about.

Anyway, I would enjoy if the story turned out that way. :D

LOL!

This is a kid's show. :rolleyes:

Jiraiya is a pervert but not necessarily a lady's man.

mind 2007-08-25 10:27

but you have to agree that he is quite similiar to both Naruto and Yondaime?

And the manga, do you think that's a story for kids? With all the serious histories and body parts being blown or cut off? It's just the anime that is for kids.

MysticNinjaJay 2007-08-25 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind (Post 1113752)
but you have to agree that he is quite similiar to both Naruto and Yondaime?

And the manga, do you think that's a story for kids? With all the serious histories and body parts being blown or cut off? It's just the anime that is for kids.

When I say kids I mean adolescents, the main target of Shonen manga.

The Japanese have very different opinions about what is age appropiate for teenagers than what you might see in the West.

But I don't think it is going to become a revelation that Jiraiya is screwed a bunch of girls and concieved certain characters.

Parenting in the Narutoverse is similar to an American cartoon where parents are married or there is a romance or hinted romance and the woman "gets pregnant" (e.g. Kurenai) rather than stress a sexual relationship.

The most sexual we usually see in Shonen manga are pervy moments (fan service e.g. oogling cleavage, light fondling women, flashing, peeping in bath houses etc.).

Anyway Jiraiya and Kakashi are the living connections Naruto has to Yondaime.

Kakashi is Naruto's sensei and Yondaime's student.

Jiraiya acts as a sensei to them both. Their relationships were already made clear.

He's not Minato's father. If he were family to either of them I think he would have made a note of it.

elusive 2007-08-25 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay (Post 1113709)
I'm still curious as to why his parentage was kept a secret and who knew about it aside from Sandaime and the Sannin.

my theory:

minato and kushina were like shikamaru and temari.

kushina probably visited the leaf during chuunin exams or given the fact that the whirlpool (which i'm guessing is currently the hidden rain) was probably in conflict, they met when the leaf allied w/them.

jiraiya and tsunade refer to kushina affectionately and it seems like they knew her from an early age (chuunin exam). they saw her grow so she probably visited the leaf later on just as we saw temari. her and minato bonded but if the whirpool is the hidden rain we heard jiraiya say that they keep a close eye on everyone. minato probably had to keep their relationship a secret.

think about this; if temari and shika married who leaves their village? shika is too valuable to the leaf and the sand wouldn't let one of their best shinobis leave. i think that the villages discourage shinobi to marry "foreign" shinobi especially those w/bloodline limits (we see how the hyuga protect the byakugan).

another thing that's bugging me; they speak of kushina nostalgically as if she's dead. i wonder how she died and who had "custody" of naruto. he may have been in the hidden rain which would explain why the 4th was gone for so long when the 9 Tails attacked. it also explains why naruto has no family in the leaf. the uzumaki's are in the rain and no one in the leaf aside from the higher ups knew the 4th had a child. this makes it interesting because naruto is probably going "home" and will likely meet a fellow uzumaki in Pein. i wonder how jirairya will react to pein and how pein will react to naruto. naruto is probably going to help end the rain's civil war.

as for naruto having an uzumaki clan jutsu, maybe he'll meet a clan member (kushina if she's alive) in the rain who'll teach him.

Vizard.King 2007-08-25 11:13

people keep saying minato im not sure who he is, is he the 4th?

Zoe 2007-08-25 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiasengan (Post 1113832)
people keep saying minato im not sure who he is, is he the 4th?

Yes, he is

Mr. Johnny 5 2007-08-25 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay (Post 1113709)
Johnny what translation did you read? This is the one I have and the language is quite clear.

It's the same as what i read. It seems i misunderstood or mixed up Naruto with the 4th a little. Anyway that has been cleared for me.

Since i dont think that Naruto has an older brother i do think that this guy (Pein) could've been a brother of Minato. Because Naruto is nearly 18 right? But this Pein looks like 24-25. (With all the immortals i wouldnt be so suprised if this Pein is immortal aswell.)
And i doubt that Kushina was pregnant sooo early from Pein and later on Naruto.

Anyway elusive that's an interesting theory you got there. And that probably is the most logical explaination. But i doubt it was during the chuunin exams because during those times many shinobi including Minato became chuunins at an age below 10 years old. (I dont think children at such an age think about love yet)

As for Pein, i dont think this guy cares about Naruto. Since he knew about the name "Uzumaki Naruto" yet he didnt act suprised or (like Itachi) asked about anything else. It would be shocking if it turns out that this lady....is Uzumaki Kushina.

Zoe 2007-08-25 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 (Post 1113846)
Since i dont think that Naruto has an older brother i do think that this guy (Pein) could've been a brother of Minato. Because Naruto is nearly 18 right? But this Pein looks like 24-25. (With all the immortals i wouldnt be so suprised if this Pein is immortal aswell.)

Naruto's 15ish right now.

Pain has to be old enough to have led Akatsuki at least around 10 years ago.

Riku540 2007-08-25 11:37

Dude, it hasn't been -that- long since the time skip... <.> Naruto is about 15, or getting close to 16 at best. And Kushina is definitely Naruto's mom... If all else fails, Wikipedia usually updates very fast and keeps info like this as accurate as possible for as long as I've been reading it. Check it out and get the facts straight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki#Background

seiji_kun 2007-08-25 11:37

So much theories :D. Mb kishi should make a romance serie bout Minato and Kushina after he ends Naruto so you all would be satisfied how Naruto was conceited.

Pein, like someone else stated. Is he gonna be Narutos own Itachi if he kills Jiraya. Tho I highly doubt that Narutos parents would have even had an older son. And tbh I can't put an age on Pein could easely look end 20s or start 20s. Who knows mb even 18. Ain't Naruto 15-16 y old? 12y start series then aprox 1 year till his fight with Sasuke? (coudl be wrong here) and then he goes training for 2.5 y. Guess a few months have passed to now after the timeskip. So 12+1+2.5+some months after timeskip = 15.5+

Bari_Phillis 2007-08-25 11:39

isn't it awsome how kishimoto is trying to wow us with "Uchiha pwns all," their mystery, power and attitudes. But after none of it works that much he gives us a little background on naruto's family, two names, we're all like
Naruto is now a baddass character:
"OMG OMG OMG! NARUTO CAN PWN SASKUE NOW!"
the fight is not going to be saskue x naruto anymore, it will be naruto x pein and saskue x itachi if there are battles. (don't know why im posting this here)

does anyone have a map of the countries so we can see geographically what might have happened?