AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku (2014) - 3 OVA series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=126309)

Pellissier 2014-05-28 15:33

Hayate no Gotoku (2014) - 3 OVA series

Trailer for the first of three new OVA published by Manglobe and just announced.

The first OVA will be released on June 18th. Official page here.

Death Usagi 2014-05-28 16:40

Donkey Hinagiku XD Can't wait to see the OVA

GlassesLady 2014-06-01 14:53

Manglobe, huh? So they're actually sticking with an animation team for once. :P

There's, like, two chapters I'd like to see animated because S2 dropped the ball on them, but other than that I'm less interested in these... Though I wonder if Hata will deviously slip some sort of foreshadowing in here. Hey, he wrote original material for Manglobe's other two HnG series, why not?

Kakurin 2014-06-02 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Usagi (Post 5134484)
Donkey Hinagiku XD Can't wait to see the OVA

Is it what I think it is? That would be awesome animated. Loved that manga chapter. :D

madmac 2014-06-02 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassesLady (Post 5138254)
Manglobe, huh? So they're actually sticking with an animation team for once. :P

There's, like, two chapters I'd like to see animated because S2 dropped the ball on them, but other than that I'm less interested in these... Though I wonder if Hata will deviously slip some sort of foreshadowing in here. Hey, he wrote original material for Manglobe's other two HnG series, why not?

As interesting as that would be, I doubt it. I'm kinda hoping we at least get new animated OP/EDs or some other little "bonus" to make these more fun, though.

Donkey Ears is a good chapter, and so is the RC Car one for Nagi and it looks like Maria might be getting the sauna chapter, but...I dunno. I think I'm past the point where I can get excited about a handful of random chapters being animated. Still going to watch them all, naturally...

AstroNerdBoy 2014-06-02 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmac (Post 5139483)
As interesting as that would be, I doubt it. I'm kinda hoping we at least get new animated OP/EDs or some other little "bonus" to make these more fun, though.

Donkey Ears is a good chapter, and so is the RC Car one for Nagi and it looks like Maria might be getting the sauna chapter, but...I dunno. I think I'm past the point where I can get excited about a handful of random chapters being animated. Still going to watch them all, naturally...

What you said!

GlassesLady 2014-06-05 19:09

Actually, come to think of it, I wonder what the donkey ears chapter being animated out of context means for the EotW arc's chances of being animated :P

GDB 2014-06-05 19:20

Don't even bother hoping for EotW. Hata clearly regrets writing that arc, as now everyone wants more of it and it's not what he wants to write. As such, he at least wants the anime only viewers to remain ignorant of it.

GlassesLady 2014-06-06 11:47

Oh, don't worry, I'm not hoping at all. :P I just find myself wondering how the fans who haven't quite got the memo are going to end up reacting to this.

madmac 2014-06-16 19:38

Overall, I rate the OVA a B-

It's about on the level of a good episode of Cuties and there's no new music, but they brought back everyone's favorite Narrator and the ED animation is super-cute.

I think the Nagi episode is a little bit better done, just because Nagi is a lot more expressive and it helps break up the problem of having too many talking heads scenes that Cuties suffered from. The Hina ep is good too, though, especially the brief Mykonos bit.

I'm feeling a bit less interested in the next two OVA's though, not so much disappointment as not being able to think of any really good chapters for them to pull from for Hamster, Izumi, and Ruka.

clarkken228 2014-07-31 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 5142602)
Don't even bother hoping for EotW. Hata clearly regrets writing that arc, as now everyone wants more of it and it's not what he wants to write. As such, he at least wants the anime only viewers to remain ignorant of it.

He regrets writing it ? :confused:. Everyone loves it and i thought he should be proud of it right?:confused:

GlassesLady 2014-08-01 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkken228 (Post 5198960)
He regrets writing it ? :confused:. Everyone loves it and i thought he should be proud of it right?:confused:

"Everyone" here seems to be a vocal minority, many of whom completely miss what the series is usually about (comedy) due to the content of those arcs and then whine about the rest of the series not being more like it. Regret seems like an appropriate reaction here.

That being said, I don't think Hata himself has actually said how he feels about that arc. Has he?

madmac 2014-08-02 07:57

Quote:

"Everyone" here seems to be a vocal minority, many of whom completely miss what the series is usually about (comedy) due to the content of those arcs and then whine about the rest of the series not being more like it. Regret seems like an appropriate reaction here.

That being said, I don't think Hata himself has actually said how he feels about that arc. Has he?
Of course he hasn't said anything to that effect.

However, I'll add one small bit of perspective. Hata actually first started using twitter and interacting with his fans "raw" right around the time the Mykonos Arc was ending, and he was feeling pretty blindsided by all the rage he started getting instantly by Athena fans thinking he was writing her out of the story.

So while he hasn't said anything like that directly, I would not be surprised if he just never wanted to set up that kind of backlash again where Athena is concerned.

GlassesLady 2014-08-06 00:17

Oh, okay.

Makes me wonder if that's why Alice happened. :P (Unless that's been explained recently in the manga; I'm way behind.)

MCAL 2014-08-06 19:18

Considering Manglobe's track record with manga adaption, its probably best we don't have it animated.

I mean at best they would be given one cour to stuff the whole entire arc in. Like with TWGOK.

AstroNerdBoy 2014-08-07 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAL (Post 5205773)
Considering Manglobe's track record with manga adaption, its probably best we don't have it animated.

I mean at best they would be given one cour to stuff the whole entire arc in. Like with TWGOK.

I agree. It probably is best we didn't see it animated. Too bad there wasn't a proper animated series.

Katsu Koneko 2014-12-22 17:38

And so ends the 10th Anniversary OVAs.

I want a new season, but who knows if we'll get it. So long Hayate~ (for now)!

And hey they remembered Tsugumi.

AstroNerdBoy 2014-12-23 15:22

Did Hata-sensei write that ending?

Mentar 2015-01-01 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy (Post 5379795)
Did Hata-sensei write that ending?

At least it's something that wouldn't have happened without his explicit approval.

Too bad, Hata. At most 20% of your viewers/readers share your preference. No matter how hard you try to write Nagi up and all the others down.

eiyuuou 2015-01-05 08:19

Hayate x Nagi
Forever natural gigolo