AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Brave10 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107351)

Bonta Kun 2011-10-04 15:15

Brave10

Didn't know this was happening and only stumbled across it the other day.

Source

Official website

Summary(swiped from mangaupdates as thats the only one I could find)
Quote:

The main protagonist is an Iga ninja named Saizou, who meets an Izumo priestess and protects her on her short journey to Sanada Yukimura. Sanada Yukimura is a powerful warlord in the Sengoku era. Sanada wants to gather 10 warriors, a party unrivaled in skill and power, to set his still secret plan into action.
Cast

Daisuke Ono as Kirigakure Saizō
Hiroshi Kamiya as Unno Rokurō
Motoki Takagi as Yuri Kamanosuke
Rina Satou as Nami Isa
Ryotaro Okiayu as Jūzō Kakei
Takahiro Sakurai as Banzō Hattori
Takehito Koyasu as Date Masamune
Tetsuya Kakihara as Sasuke Sarutobi
Toshiyuki Morikawa as Sanada Yukimura
Yuu Asakawa as Anastasia

Love the manga and I got hopes for the anime, altho whether or not we get some of the author's usual stuff is to be seen(I jumped into the manga without knowing of the author's previous works:heh:)

and plus we got a awesome VA line up!

Kismet-chan 2011-10-04 20:12

I really like the char designs that are in the PV on the website. Plus, I've been in the mood to watch something manly. Sign me up! lol

Simonsy 2011-10-06 16:44

Isn't this only like 17 chapters so far? I had just downloaded this manga yet haven't gotten around to reading it yet, so can't comment on excitement or hopes, but why do the anime departments always pick up series that have so few chapters.

Why not pick up something like Change 123 which is 60, but DONE, so no need for fillers ect.
or how about Frogman which is like at least 38, like double
or what about restarting some like Negima or Kenichi
or what about something like Magico which is weekly and comes out quick.

or is Brave 10 weekly? still seems early to be comfirming and anime when less than 20 chapters out.

Actually scratch what I said, just looked up Brave 10 and noticed that its is 8 volumes and complete in country of origin, so its just scanlations are so far behind.

Kismet-chan 2011-10-06 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonsy (Post 3795802)
but why do the anime departments always pick up series that have so few chapters.

It's because most (but definitely not all) anime studios are money-hungry greedy pigs that don't really give a shit about the content, just how much will hopefully go back into their bank account after producing it.

fertygo 2011-10-07 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet-chan (Post 3796204)
It's because most (but definitely not all) anime studios are money-hungry greedy pigs that don't really give a shit about the content, just how much will hopefully go back into their bank account after producing it.

LOL most manga adaptation didn't even bring profit.

Btw in this scenario where the original material actually have little to none for anime adaptation, its often the adaptation only used as "filler" works, a.k.a just filling the gap for the empty slot.

That's very sad admittedly.

maximilianjenus 2011-10-07 10:05

Wow, just wow guys. Did you really posted all that ?
first thing take a breath , second thing.

anime studios also need to feed their families, it's pretty lame that you complain about them being greedy pigs when you want to make 10usd a hour while making lame hamburgers at mcdonalds withotu caring about quality.

i could also argue about studios picking up mangas that just start ebcuase they like the premise and watn to make a nice adaptation, not follow the magna script as is; but i won't delve into it as this amgna is already 8 volumes and finished, I eman, did you base your diea of the manga being 17 chapters because that is what has been translated ?

Tworble 2011-10-09 10:41

I haven't seen this series, but i loved "Madness" so I will certainly check it out.

According to Baka updates there are 8 volumes released in Japan, plenty of material.

Kismet-chan 2011-10-09 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximilianjenus (Post 3796803)
Wow, just wow guys. Did you really posted all that ?
first thing take a breath , second thing.

anime studios also need to feed their families, it's pretty lame that you complain about them being greedy pigs when you want to make 10usd a hour while making lame hamburgers at mcdonalds withotu caring about quality.

Um... what? Who are you to assume that anyone here thinks that way? That statement is both overblown and a rude stereotype. That, and ironically, it actually describes EXACTLY what some anime studios do. I won't name them, but there's one particular studio I have in mind that makes shitty adaptions while refusing to learn from their past mistakes, while still expecting good sales. If they're not uncaring and/or greedy, then they're painfully stupid and blind. Anime studios are just like human beings; not every single one is pure and well-intentioned.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-10-09 16:22

I actually found the manga kind of boring.

Mizuno 2011-10-09 16:40

Reverse harem...? I think I'll pass.

MisaoFan 2011-10-10 00:46

I just imagine that A.C.G.T will animate this anime.

articuzwolf 2011-11-15 10:23

reminds me alot of Hakuoki

endarion88 2012-01-03 16:35

8 volumes in japan plus a sequel brave 10 S at vol 1 for now, that's what baka update say but whit only 3 vol translated i cant judge

LKK 2012-01-05 15:41

NIS America has acquired the home video rights to Brave10

MisaoFan 2012-01-05 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 3933531)

Crunchyroll also announced that it will simulcast this show !

serenade_beta 2012-01-08 01:34

Spoiler for ep1:

ookamigirl 2012-01-08 09:26

Really nice OP.
This was kinda Hakuouki meets Sengoku Basara.
Guess it's 'cause the characters are drawn in the same way and it's that period in time..
Very interesting so far.
Will be watching it!

Irisiel 2012-01-08 09:33

Spoiler for Episode 1:

All in all, an enjoyable first episode.

Dist 2012-01-08 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ookamigirl (Post 3938278)
Really nice OP.
This was kinda Hakuouki meets Sengoku Basara.
Guess it's 'cause the characters are drawn in the same way and it's that period in time..
Very interesting so far.
Will be watching it!

Hakuoki had annoying girl and lotsa '' beautiful '' men = Aimed for girls
Sengoku had screaming men = Aimed at ???

... How is this Hakuoki meets Sengoku? I actually enjoyed this but despised the two above :x

This seemed more like LOLH to me though the girl can't fight.

kuromitsu 2012-01-08 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3938362)
Hakuoki had annoying girl and lotsa '' beautiful '' men = Aimed for girls
Sengoku had screaming men = Aimed at ???

...girls? :D (I mean, by the movie I half-expected Masamune and Yukimura to ride off into the sunset, holding hands.) And also guys, for different reasons.

Meanwhile, going by the manga, Brave 10 is also aimed at girls, mostly. (Btw, the mangaka used to draw BL. She also did the Sengoku Basara Ranse Ranbu manga.)