AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Myself; Yourself (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Myself ; Yourself - Speculation and Theories (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56677)

Pellissier 2007-10-23 03:28

Myself ; Yourself - Speculation and Theories

This thread is aimed at game virgins of Myself ; Yourself and its purpose is to allow spoiler free speculation and theories to be aired. Having them in a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads. While it's true that the game is not out yet, it's also true that unwanted informations might spread as it will come out in about a month. So, if you want to discuss game material, please use the Myself ; Yourself Game Discussion thread instead. For light novels discussion, we have the Myself; Yourself - Light Novel discussion thread.

Unacceptable post topics:
  • Any form of light novel spoilers
  • Any form of game spoilers (even trailers or samples).

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Magazine previews are an exception to the said rule. You are allowed to discuss those. (Properly labeled spoiler tags required).

SeedFreedom 2007-10-23 19:24

About the blood, I'm guessing it will play a big part as to why Nanaka started out cold with sana, and also with sana's return. I'm guessing it has something to do with his father as he isnt mentioned and I'm also guessing the watch was a present from him. any other guesses? :)

Haru~ 2007-10-24 15:10

For being a first-time viewer:
Spoiler for specs:

jwai 2007-10-25 21:14

Here's hoping the blood isn't a sign of a nice boat ending...

SeedFreedom 2007-10-27 16:02

I've been thinking a lot about the possibility of Sana attempting suicide. But then it doesn't really seem logical for a mother to let her mentally unstable son to live off on his own does it?

And i really hope it doesn't end like school days.

Kristen 2007-10-27 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedFreedom (Post 1223702)
I've been thinking a lot about the possibility of Sana attempting suicide. But then it doesn't really seem logical for a mother to let her mentally unstable son to live off on his own does it?

It really doesn't seem like it will... As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem like anybody is going to have sex. Sana seems much more likeable.

But if it does, I think m.3.3.w is cursed.

ImpulseRAven 2007-10-28 15:45

Quote:

really cause she could of saw it more as a fresh start for Sana, im still under the impression that Sana is emo(wondering what kind of songs is he always so caught up in b4 his mom calls?) and his watch is covering up the emo scar.

CrisisDarkerXIV 2007-10-28 17:00

Quote:

I agree, that was probably the most violent ending I've ever seen.

It does seem a little strange, but Sana does have his friends, and he is living above Aoi and her family, plus he's got the twins to play around with. I don't think they'll let him go too crazy.

Well, I think the theory of the watch Sana wears is a present from his dad has too little proof. I read that it is because his father was never mentioned.
In that case, what about Shuusuke and Shuri's dad and mom? They weren't mentioned... yet.
Just saying that it is too soon. We're just on episode 4.

The most plausible theory is Sana's failed attempt at suicide. Though I don't know where his mother fits in....

2H-Dragon 2007-10-28 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV (Post 1225648)
It does seem a little strange, but Sana does have his friends, and he is living above Aoi and her family, plus he's got the twins to play around with. I don't think they'll let him go too crazy.

Yah, unless Sana goes on a playboy streak and screws with every girl. I think Sana is relatively save. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rave_master16 (Post 1218385)
*maybe the reason why Nanaka is very cold to Sana is somewhat related to what SHUU is trying to say before Sana left 5 years ago.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I really do think that watch is an important gift of someone who died, rather then covering up a scar.

The being afraid of blood is probably of the someone who died in an accident.

That the mother keeps calling him make sense since there was that accident of that someone who died. And moms do call their childs when they live alone especially at that age. Sana being a bit depressed on the phone is probably, because he is reminded of that event.

The father being dead makes perfect sense. There is a need of the main character of having no parents or only having one parent. At least that's how it is in the visual novel world. Though is it really the dad who died? That would be kinda dull. An another lover might also be cliché, but it that would so much more interesting.

Hoping to be suprised, but Sana being Emo is not what I'm hoping for.

SeedFreedom 2007-10-28 17:25

lol the more talk about past suicide and past loves is bringing back memories of shuffle. i just hope the plot doesnt all fall apart at the end

Hypernova 2007-10-29 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedFreedom (Post 1225681)
lol the more talk about past suicide and past loves is bringing back memories of shuffle. i just hope the plot doesnt all fall apart at the end

I coin this term PSSD (tm) - Post School-Days Stress Disorder.

serenade_beta 2007-10-29 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypernova (Post 1226594)
I coin this term PSSD (tm) - Post School-Days Stress Disorder.

Just goes to show you how "impressive" School Days was, whether you hated it or loved it.

It shall forever be engraved within anime history, along with nice boats.

Kristen 2007-10-31 12:59

So, I think that Nanaka's parents burned in a house fire... For the fire suddenly gave her a sort of a fear, she lives with her uncle mysteriously, and the OP shows an unknown charecter in Nanaka's eyes in a fire. And since her parents had a big deal with her playing violin, the mention of it hurts...

fubar84 2007-11-01 12:21

I'm pretty sure Sana's mom is dead. I've only seen all the 5 episodes only once, so I don't recall that her voice actually is heard (but I'm pretty sure it isn't heard).

I think he's had a mental breakdown (parents dead), and just picks up the phone and "talks" to his mother every once in a while. We only learn of it by episode 12, in which he stabs Nanaka for not playing the violin anymore, and we have a nice (no, not boat) murder/suicide.

Anyone else glad that I'll never write scripts? :twitch:

DanielSong39 2007-11-01 14:38

Events I'm hoping for... (but not really expecting)

Shuu-Shura confession scene, and the aftermath
Love-triangle between Hinako, Shuu, and Sana
A violent scene involving Nanaka, her shrine outfit, and a violin
A breakdown of Kaede/Kirino proportions
The "broken promises" theme, a la Jyunichi/Sakura
Asami presented as the natural extension to the younger Nanaka
A Nice Boat moment
Magical Girl Aoi

I expect to go 0 for 8, but as long as there's hope, I'll keep watching.

mukansa monkey 2007-11-01 23:00

One vote for the emo theory, i.e. that he's a cutter. Two reasons:
He's definitely hiding something under that watch, he's unwilling to let is be removed or examinted too closely.
Mom's calls always seem to imply that she's not so much worried about whether he's staying warm or eating well, but whether he's even going to school. It really comes off that she's afraid he'll start showing behavioral problems again.

Either that or some kind of acident with a sharp object... seeing that bloody knife was pretty traumatic for him. Seemed way beyond "someone who doesn't like blood".

The trouble with the "Shuu shouting at the train" sequence is that it could have been *anything*. Could've been Nanake's new phone number. Or that she just had an accident. Or demanding that Sana mail them his new address. Or that Sana left something behind. Or even a declaration of undying love... although I hope not.

I think that somewhere along the line Sana's going to overhear Nanake practising the full version of their song, in a reversal of that scene where she hears him playing it on the piano. Perfect way to make him go all gooey inside for her, without a relationship actually forming (and spoiling all the suspense).

Midonin 2007-11-01 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSong39 (Post 1232828)
Magical Girl Aoi

Get my hopes up, why don't you?

CrisisDarkerXIV 2007-11-04 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by fubar84 (Post 1232676)
I'm pretty sure Sana's mom is dead. I've only seen all the 5 episodes only once, so I don't recall that her voice actually is heard (but I'm pretty sure it isn't heard).

I think he's had a mental breakdown (parents dead), and just picks up the phone and "talks" to his mother every once in a while. We only learn of it by episode 12, in which he stabs Nanaka for not playing the violin anymore, and we have a nice (no, not boat) murder/suicide.

Anyone else glad that I'll never write scripts? :twitch:

Sana's mom, dead? It is true that the mother's voice is not revealed, but that doesn't necessarily mean she dead. We're only on episode 5. I don't think Sana's insane or that insane to pick up a phone and start talking to the dead (nice premise for an anime btw, lol). If he is as crazy as you believe the anime's doing a pretty bad job of portraying it, or he's not insane.

Episode twelve? O.o;; What? Do you go forward in time, and come back to write the future?
Stabs? Holy snap. Sana stabbing Nanaka? I wouldn't say "No freaking way", but after seeing School Days it's a possible future, however crazy that may sound.

School Days was an AMAZING anime, no doubt that you got the guess from there.
But I hope this story stays on the "Girl-Guy-Lovers-Each-Other-No-Blood" rails.

SeedFreedom 2007-11-04 23:12

hmm Sana's parents dead and hes totally crazy? well wouldn't be the first time but i seriously hope not.

Chewy 2007-11-04 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedFreedom (Post 1239128)
hmm Sana's parents dead and hes totally crazy? well wouldn't be the first time but i seriously hope not.

I thought about that too, but the phone does ring in one of the episodes before he picks it up and starts talking to his mom. It would be so cool if he was that crazy though ;)