AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66891)

White Manju Bun 2008-05-26 16:29

Soul Eater - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

v1cious 2008-05-26 16:56

next week
Spoiler:

i wonder if the "who the hell do you think i am?" was intentionally referencing Gurren Lagann, or just a coinicidence.

King Lycan 2008-05-26 17:08

:o OMG i can't wait to see stien whoop some ass XD

Medousa 2008-05-26 17:58

ZOMG!!!!!!! 10/10! *w*

My favourite ep, now! xD Fight was so awesome!

Spoiler for May contain little spoiler:

FlareKnight 2008-05-26 18:16

Spoiler:

Shiroth 2008-05-26 18:26

Spoiler for Episode 08:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 1615989)
next week
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Episode 09 preview:

Zoe 2008-05-26 18:35

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as last week. Stein's fight with Chrona felt too short, and Medusa didn't make as much of an impact in her portion of the fight :(

I loved the way they handled everything after the return to school though. Lots of focus on Maka outside of the infirmary that wasn't there in the manga. Very cute :)

Spoiler for 9, hehe:

Deathkillz 2008-05-26 19:25

Spoiler:

Zoe 2008-05-26 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1616204)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for 9:

Edit: If there's one thing I don't like about this episode, it's all the evil faces Medusa makes. They weren't that ugly in the manga :(

KiNA 2008-05-27 06:18

I on the other hand love the double face of hers. It feel so natural too, despite juggling between the lovable school nurse persona, and hardcore witch at the same time.

The novelty of surprise back then when I find out about her is kinda lost somehow (seeing as I already knew it), but I think they manage to pull it off to first time viewers I think - better then stein's intro.

The only rant I have would be the short fights on both event >.<

itoastmysocks 2008-05-27 06:31

the episode was pure awesome it had everything.. love hate.. comdey awesome fights.. and nifty preview....

just one thing is disturbing me... Medusas Superman/Clark Kent disguise.. but I guess it's yeah... just that.. and we as the viewers can see through it..but the actually characters can't well.. :D it's still an awesoem episode

and I'm giving this a perfect ten just because of the scene of Maka / her Dad and Soul... that was so touching.. and for once she wasn't hating on him :D

Medousa 2008-05-27 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1616230)
Edit: If there's one thing I don't like about this episode, it's all the evil faces Medusa makes. They weren't that ugly in the manga :(

Seconded. But faces around 12:35 and the one at 21:22 are pretty good.:3 xD

musume_no_hoshi 2008-05-27 06:42

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Deathkillz 2008-05-27 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1616230)
Spoiler for 9:

Fine, one earplug :heh:

And I do find "normal" medusa quite attractive, but her evil mode is pretty creepy.

Though I don't notice a difference from the evil face she made in the anime compared to the manga.

sapphire-pyro 2008-05-27 07:25

Episode 8 was awesome . . . Chrona is love and Stein's terrific and Medusa's evilness is the best . . . .but episode 9 is the one I'm looking forward to the most xD Hopefully the thread for it will be up earlier. My excitement for it is certainly to the max a few hours before and after it airs xD Hehe

Chaos2Frozen 2008-05-27 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by itoastmysocks (Post 1617002)

just one thing is disturbing me... Medusas Superman/Clark Kent disguise.. but I guess it's yeah... just that.. and we as the viewers can see through it..but the actually characters can't well.. :D it's still an awesoem episode

Well to be fair, Neither Maka nor Stein had a good look at Medusa, being all the way up there, on a dark night (assumed), with a cowl covering her head.

And kudos to Maka's VA for this episode! I think she really does better with those soft-emotional scenes...

Zoe 2008-05-27 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medousa (Post 1617005)
Seconded. But faces around 12:35 and the one at 21:22 are pretty good.:3 xD

I don't know the time stamp, but I really didn't like the one where she says "oshiokiyo" (same as the one from the preview). I guess they're trying to make her look inhuman, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that she has to look so bad >_>

Dann of Thursday 2008-05-27 11:18

The one thing that I was sort of sad about, but was expecting was the way they did Medusa's evil faces. They looked very cool in the manga and I liked how her eyes seemd to turn black, but none of that is really there.

itoastmysocks 2008-05-27 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1617200)
Well to be fair, Neither Maka nor Stein had a good look at Medusa, being all the way up there, on a dark night (assumed), with a cowl covering her head.

And kudos to Maka's VA for this episode! I think she really does better with those soft-emotional scenes...

you might be right on that.. I was rahter tired.. but they heard her voice.. and well.. we will have see how that develops.. but yeah.. it just seemed like that too me, nevertheless.. she's pure awesome.. but then again the whole cast is pure awesome.. I can't wait to see more of the show

White Manju Bun 2008-05-27 17:11

AWESOME!
Spoiler for epi 8: