AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Accel World (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Accel World - Awakening of the Silver Wings/Top of Acceleration (PS3, PSP) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110208)

Ray 2012-02-07 07:57

Accel World - Awakening of the Silver Wings/Top of Acceleration (PS3, PSP)

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...SP-600x337.jpg

Quote:

Namco Bandai is developing a video game adaptation of the light novel / upcoming anime Accel World for PlayStation 3 and PSP, this week’s Dengeki PlayStation has revealed. The game is a strategy title where player Avatars face against each other in one-on-one battles.

That’s all we know, for now, unfortunately. Stay tuned for future updates.
http://gematsu.com/2012/02/accel-wor...ystation-3-psp

Namco Bandai. Bleh. I'll still keep a close eye on this; I might even decide to import it.

PringlesXD 2012-02-07 16:46

Hmm, sounds interesting. I wonder if it'll make it over, though.

Undertaker 2012-02-07 16:51

A strategy title? I would have bet on a fighting or AVG type.

Anyway, how do you even have a strategy title with one-on-one setup?

card-based combat?

Xacual 2012-02-07 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3992780)
A strategy title? I would have bet on a fighting or AVG type.

Anyway, how do you even have a strategy title with one-on-one setup?

card-based combat?

RPG like combat style maybe? Strategy involved there. Also possibly turn based strategy.

Undertaker 2012-02-07 21:35

But you don't have a 1 on 1 in a turn based strategy, after all Accel World isn't really a summoning game where you summon familiars and you don't usually describe RPG like combat as strategy games.

Consider there is an idea of turf battle in LN, it could be related to that as well,

Anyway, we'll need more information on this.

Kirito 2012-02-07 23:51

Looks awesome, but unfortunate it won't see the light of day in North America "sigh".

Crimrui 2012-02-08 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 3993359)
Looks awesome, but unfortunate it won't see the light of day in North America "sigh".

Yeah, announcements don't usually give us much hype as we have to endure the localization process as well. If it ever comes that is.

Ray 2012-02-09 12:51

http://gematsu.com/2012/02/accel-wor...-site-launched

Quote:

The game is being created in two parts for PlayStation 3 and PSP. Part one is titled Accel World Stage 01: Awakening of the Silver Sky. Part two does not yet have a subtitle. The games are being billed as “world experience accelerated simulation” titles.

Dengeki Online will have a full preview of Accel World on February 16.
Teaser site only has product info for now. I'm somewhat curious as to why the game is being split up into two parts.

FlareKnight 2012-02-09 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud (Post 3993771)
Yeah, announcements don't usually give us much hype as we have to endure the localization process as well. If it ever comes that is.

Sadly true, the only thing that really matters in a case like this is a localization announcement. Nice to know a game exists, but better to sometime know you'll be able to play it :heh:.

Ray 2012-02-09 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 3996632)
Sadly true, the only thing that really matters in a case like this is a localization announcement. Nice to know a game exists, but better to sometime know you'll be able to play it :heh:.

Annnnd chances are we'll never see a localization announcement 'cause it's Bamco we're talking about. We can hope, I guess.

AdamEndless9 2012-02-17 05:09

Dengeki Online's preview introducing the characters, story, and 3D avatars:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/459/459452/

The official game site also updated:
http://accel-world-game.channel.or.jp/

Miraluka 2012-03-23 11:03

New PV includes both anime and game material:

Ray 2012-04-24 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4068296)
New PV includes both anime and game material:

Whoops, I completely forgot about this thread.

While I usually don't care about the graphics, they do seem to be sub-par in the trailer; they seem solid enough during the battle tidbit, but the character models look pretty bleh in general. I just hope that the PS3 version won’t end up simply being a direct port of the PSP version.

Kirito 2012-04-24 17:16

Please come to North American! "rolling on floor".

Chaos2Frozen 2012-04-25 09:09

I wouldn't hold my breath; These kinds of Anime-to-Game titles pretty much never gets localized regardless of which company does it.

Well, unless they're SUPER well known like the Shounen Big Three I guess.

Ray 2012-04-26 11:38

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/25...-in-september/

Quote:

Accel World: Awakening of the Silver Wings will ship as a standalone game and in a limited edition bundle. You can get the game, an Awakening of the Silver Wings OVA, art book, and oversized box for 10,480 yen ($129) if you want the PS3 version with the movie on Blu-ray or 9,430 yen ($116) for the PSP release which includes the movie on DVD.
If I do end up importing this game, I think I'll stay away from the over priced LE.

Edit: Dengeki scan:

http://imgur.com/n1JF6.jpg

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-27 10:42

Gods....September is such a long way away....

Ray 2012-06-10 12:54

New PV:

The game actually looks pretty fun. I'm kind of miffed at how the models humans look worse than the models of their duel avatar counterparts, though.

Edit: A friend translated some text in the latest PV, and apparently..

Quote:

The story is an entirely original story under the authorship and total supervision of Reki Kawahara.
That's a little.. surprising; I was expecting a direction adaptation..

Quote:

Each heroine's unique story is waiting for you!
Quote:

Choices you make during conversations will change the events.
Eh, am I the only who thinks that these two lines (and the CG of KYH in a maid outfit :love:) make the game sound as if it's going to have dating sim elements?

tsunade666 2012-06-11 03:05

madoka game turn into like a galge game element with choices and it's pretty normal to see it in japanese game.

So each heroine has her own ending and a true ending probably. But how many heroines are in the game?

AND WHERE IS FUUKO!!!

I don't see Fuuko there at the dengeki scans and mind me that my eyes are bad unless I'm wearing glasses but still I can only see Nico (oh so cute Nico) and an older girl which I'm pretty sure is the one with a maid outfit in the novel and also I don't know here name. I also see Chiyuri and KYH.

Ray 2012-06-11 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4201867)
madoka game turn into like a galge game element with choices and it's pretty normal to see it in japanese game.

So each heroine has her own ending and a true ending probably. But how many heroines are in the game?

AND WHERE IS FUUKO!!!

I don't see Fuuko there at the dengeki scans and mind me that my eyes are bad unless I'm wearing glasses but still I can only see Nico (oh so cute Nico) and an older girl which I'm pretty sure is the one with a maid outfit in the novel and also I don't know here name. I also see Chiyuri and KYH.

That it is. I just didn't expect something like that to happen to AW. Not that I mind. I wonder if the SAO game will also have an original story?

Yeah, probably. KYH, Niko, Chiyu... and probably Fuuko? I'm guessing she hasn't been revealed in the trailer because she hasn't shown up in the anime yet?

Huh, so who's that black-haired girl in the Dengeki scan?

Neki Ecko 2012-06-11 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4202307)
That it is. I just didn't expect something like that to happen to AW. Not that I mind. I wonder if the SAO game will also have an original story?

Yeah, probably. KYH, Niko, Chiyu... and probably Fuuko? I'm guessing she hasn't been revealed in the trailer because she hasn't shown up in the anime yet?

Huh, so who's that black-haired girl in the Dengeki scan?

Spoiler for Name of Black-haired girl:

But I dont really think that PS3 or PSP is going to be shipped over here but I was doing some thinking, and I know that if somebody would make a MMORPG of Accel World, I got money that it would be over here before PS3/PSP does.

Ray 2012-06-11 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neki Ecko (Post 4202492)
Spoiler for Name of Black-haired girl:

But I dont really think that PS3 or PSP is going to be shipped over here but I was doing some thinking, and I know that if somebody would make a MMORPG of Accel World, I got money that it would be over here before PS3/PSP does.

Spoiler:

I'm positive that it won't; very few videogames with visual novel elements make it over to the West. I'd love to see this game get localized.

While an Accel World MMO sounds like a fantastic idea (I think I'd enjoy a SAO MMO more), I imagine licensing and whatnot would be a serious pain.

Kirito 2012-06-11 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4202527)
Spoiler:

I'm positive that it won't; very few videogames with visual novel elements make it over to the West. I'd love to see this game get localized.

While an Accel World MMO sounds like a fantastic idea (I think I'd enjoy a SAO MMO more), I imagine licensing and whatnot would be a serious pain.

I know the feeling, Tales of Xillia is getting a sequel and the current game hasn't been localized in North America yet. I mean we've got all the Tales series games and movies, but this title isn't making it localized debut or announcement. It pains me because a game like this has great potential but it's a risk in itself because if it doesn't sell in another country then they've wasted their time localizing it for the fans for nothing.

A Sword Art Online MMO I would like that, but a 2D anime fighting game combining both SAO and AW that would be more awesome and could work because Kirito, Asuna, Lizbet, Haruyuki, Aqua Current, Kuroyukihime are definitely fighting game material. It's just my opinion though.

Ray 2012-06-11 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4202532)
I know the feeling, Tales of Xillia is getting a sequel and the current game hasn't been localized in North America yet. I mean we've got all the Tales series games and movies, but this title isn't making it localized debut or announcement. It pains me because a game like this has great potential but it's a risk in itself because if it doesn't sell in another country then they've wasted their time localizing it for the fans for nothing.

A Sword Art Online MMO I would like that, but a 2D anime fighting game combining both SAO and AW that would be more awesome and could work because Kirito, Asuna, Lizbet, Haruyuki, Aqua Current, Kuroyukihime are definitely fighting game material. It's just my opinion though.

I've pretty much given up on seeing Xillia make it over; I'm sure it'll happen sometime down the line, but I just don't know if I'll be interested in buying the game when the time comes. And that’s not even mentioning the Vesperia fiasco.

Haha, that sounds like something a fan of the fighting genre would say; nonetheless, I concur. It shouldn't that hard to do, considering how the author is the person who owns the intellectual rights to the characters in both of the series.

Kirito 2012-06-11 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4202552)

Haha, that sounds like something a fan of the fighting genre would say; nonetheless, I concur. It shouldn't that hard to do, considering how the author is the person who owns the intellectual rights to the characters in both of the series.

I can't tell whether you agree with me or you think I'm a pathetic fighting game freak.:confused:

I mean the characters have special abilities and talents in their respective series so making 2D sprites, putting in special moves, and adding colors would really make the game works if Reki-sensei chose to do something like this. I mean Persona 4 is getting an 2D fighter and an awesome one at that, and SAO and AW are series that fans like myself really care about and a 2D anime fighting game adaptation based on those two series fans would be content with that (fighting game ones).

Ray 2012-06-11 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4202561)
I can't tell whether you agree with me or you think I'm a pathetic fighting game freak.:confused:

I mean the characters have special abilities and talents in their respective series so making 2D sprites, putting in special moves, and adding colors would really make the game works if Reki-sensei chose to do something like this. I mean Persona 4 is getting an 2D fighter and an awesome one at that, and SAO and AW are series that fans like myself really care about and a 2D anime fighting game adaptation based on those two series fans would be content with that (fighting game ones).

I agree! I actually left out a word, but I doubt that it would've made a big difference (it should've been 'true fan' instead of just 'fan').

Indeed. I'd love to see Examu handle all of that; they're great at what they do.

But eh, this game also seems to have 1 v 1 fights. I wonder if there's any sort of complexity to it?

Kirito 2012-06-11 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphrah (Post 4202583)
I agree! I actually left out a word, but I doubt that it would've made a big difference (it should've been 'true fan' instead of just 'fan').

Indeed. I'd love to see Examu handle all of that; they're great at what they do.

But eh, this game also seems to have 1 v 1 fights. I wonder if there's any sort of complexity to it?

Well Skull Girls have a character assist but if they did something like that it'll be a little bit like Marvel, but Arcana Heart and Persona are practically doing the same thing but with a twist. Examu and Aksys Games really know how to make really great game mechanics, and I'm sure that with SAO and AW I'm sure they'll be able to think of something to make the mechanics unique and edgy. I mean Kirito has Duel Skills and Haruyuki/Silver Crow has flight I wonder how they'll incorporate that in actual gameplay.

Neki Ecko 2012-06-11 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4202532)

Sword Art Online MMO and Accel World MMO, I can see the possibities about those two (wont be on WoW or GW level but you can push it to around RO). I can actually see it in my head (Legion quest, Parent/Child system, etc etc etc)

Awrya 2012-06-11 18:12

AW game looks quite good. Wonder if PV2 is for the psp game, character designs are not up to ps3 standards:heh:
Looks like there will be loads of text in Japanese, so either I learn basic Japanese characters or hope it will be released in USA/EU, though it can wait a while.

Ray 2012-06-11 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awrya (Post 4202853)
AW game looks quite good. Wonder if PV2 is for the psp game, character designs are not up to ps3 standards:heh:
Looks like there will be loads of text in Japanese, so either I learn basic Japanese characters or hope it will be released in USA/EU, though it can wait a while.

It's for both the PSP and the PS3 game. And yeah, they aren't; the graphics look like they were made for the PSP and got ported to the PS3. But then again, this game wouldn't the first one to have such poor 3D models (*cough*HyperdimensionNeptunia*cough*).

Ray 2012-06-28 13:37

http://i.imgur.com/3cSHk.jpg

KYH looks so damn awesome in that outfit..

Mura 2012-07-06 09:39

2nd Commerical came up on the site today:

Ray 2012-07-06 09:50

Wow, proper anime scenes of KYH in her suit, but without the helmet? Damn, I want this game so much now.

Edit:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Mura 2012-07-26 12:17

Images for the game and OVA:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Ray 2012-07-26 12:24

Dat bikini CG. <3

KYH looks awesome in her assault mode.

novalysis 2012-07-26 19:15

I must admit, I am very surprised that the Accel World PSP Game is not a hastily put together 2D Sprite Base game with limited combat mechanics and hilariously outdated graphics.

It looks good. Far better than I'd have thought it would.

Ray 2012-07-26 19:17

*points at the title*

It's also for the PS3. Although.. it'll probably work much better on the PSP. Bleh.

Awrya 2012-07-27 07:36

Just noticed, in the ova KYH has SC's wings? Wonder if she got them via fusion DBZ style:heh:?

SPARTAN 119 2012-07-27 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4128266)
I wouldn't hold my breath; These kinds of Anime-to-Game titles pretty much never gets localized regardless of which company does it.

Well, unless they're SUPER well known like the Shounen Big Three I guess.

That does get me wondering, do you think that anime to game titles would sell enough units if localized. I mean, on one hand they can be rather esoteric, but on the other hand, the DVDs seem to sell well enough.

I've actually read somewhere that a lot of anime-based games do not get localized not because there are not enough people requesting localization, but because major retailers such Wal-Mart do not think it will sell.

FLCL 2012-07-27 22:03

Lol. The fact that a game like this is (given the source material) on the PSP/PS3 brings me to tears over our current technological state :(