AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   W Wish (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21896)

crumja 2004-10-10 21:29

W Wish

So now that the first ep is out, what do you guys think?

It's definitely a lot more serious than Final Approach, its sister show, and focuses on drama in relationships rather than the wacky side of it.

Lord Raiden 2004-10-10 21:41

It's on my download list but I haven't seen it yet. But from what I read it sounds interesting. I'm at least going to give it a look. :)

Timeless Enigma 2004-10-10 21:56

More serious than Final Approach eh? I'm getting it right now, I'll let you know what I think.

mangatron 2004-10-10 22:42

Final Approach is whacked up funny, W Wish is drama-like beauty. Ah, so elegant, I got ep 01 raw but haven't seen it yet....I'm a bad person :D

Dejital 2004-10-10 22:46

I just saw it. That was pretty cute, and yes, it seems to be very dramatic. I'm not too sure how it's going to be a whole anime show, as there's not much to the story right now... I'm looking forward to the next episode anyway! ^_^

I just noticed I started every sentence with ' I ' ..... I'm so cocky... >_<;;

DekaMaster 2004-10-10 22:50

I hated Final Approach so am I very hesitant to watch this one untill i hear more about it.

Dejital 2004-10-10 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I hated Final Approach so am I very hesitant to watch this one untill i hear more about it.

Let's see.... u__u;;;

Spoiler for for episode 1:

Hope I didn't spoil it .... too much. o__O

Mr. Shabaz 2004-10-11 01:02

Looks like I'm gonna be the first one to bash the show.

While there's nothing wrong with being a serious show, I just couldn't find the drama enjoyable.
Spoiler:

I'd rate the 1st ep of this show 3/10. It's slow pace just made it feel boring to me, and the drama just had me like... whatever. :(

wraith985 2004-10-11 01:21

Not a lot happened in the first episode, and I'm not really sure what's going on either, so I feel you, Shabaz. At the same time, I always give new anime a few episodes to show me something, so I guess we'll see. I'm hoping the plot picks up soon. Still, as an introductory episode, I didn't think that it was so bad.

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-11 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz

While there's nothing wrong with being a serious show, I just couldn't find the drama enjoyable.
Spoiler:

I'd rate the 1st ep of this show 3/10. It's slow pace just made it feel boring to me, and the drama just had me like... whatever. :(

You need to bear in mind your actually only getting about 9 to 91/2 minutes of actual show, so it's going to appear slow, with shows like this you need to give it atleast 4 epsidoes to get a decent feel.

Spoiler:

All in all i liked the episode, it set a good foundation for future episodes. One thin i noticed though, in a way this is wind all over again. Wind being the deep story and Hani Hani being the lighter side, here we have Wish as the deep story (potentialy at least) and Final Aproach as the lighter side.

It's a good combination i feel, and hopefully they wont screw it up this time :)

Mr. Shabaz 2004-10-11 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taliesin
You need to bear in mind your actually only getting about 9 to 91/2 minutes of actual show, so it's going to appear slow, with shows like this you need to give it atleast 4 epsidoes to get a decent feel.

Spoiler:

All in all i liked the episode, it set a good foundation for future episodes. One thin i noticed though, in a way this is wind all over again. Wind being the deep story and Hani Hani being the lighter side, here we have Wish as the deep story (potentialy at least) and Final Aproach as the lighter side.

It's a good combination i feel, and hopefully they wont screw it up this time :)

I'm still gonna watch the next few episodes of the show and I do hope it turns out better. The more good stuff the better, right?:cool:
Spoiler:

Tima 2004-10-12 02:58

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-12 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tima
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I happen to know a brother and sister just like this. At the hospital i go to there is a brother and sister like this there. They're totaly dependant on each other, wont let anyone else near them, and god help anyone that touches the brother without the sisters permission.

Theres nothing between them, they're just totaly dependant on each other. They've been in care together since they were born, so they've come to depend on each other as their only friends and such.

Spoiler:

and oh my god i cant believe im analysing an anime show >.<

Note to Self: stop reading to much into anime :P

Time for a coffee

Dejital 2004-10-12 11:32

Spoiler:

I'm just stating the obvious. u__u

cindialai 2004-10-12 11:58

Hope this won't be another Kanon thingy

It's better than Kanon ... i like the brownish drawings.. gives it an old effect.

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-12 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindialai
It's better than Kanon ... i like the brownish drawings.. gives it an old effect.

I dont think it's fair to compare this to Kanon, they're from two different genre's, and have different time spans. This is a good show so far, and one i'll be keeping, but you cant really compare it to Kanon, not yet anyway.

If it turns into a similar genre, ie: magic happens around him, then you can sort of compre them. But even then i dont think it would do wither shows justice to compre them, that would be like compareing a mini with a ferrari, both are excellent in their own right, but totaly different and from different driving styles.

Kyolux 2004-10-12 13:20

Haven't watched it yet, will in a few, but it is comparable in the fact that they are both ero-games based anime.. Well I think W wish is, and Kanon is for sure.

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-12 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyolux
Haven't watched it yet, will in a few, but it is comparable in the fact that they are both ero-games based anime.. Well I think W wish is, and Kanon is for sure.

They may be game based, but they're still completely different genre. It would be like comparing KotOR and NWN, both are games, both are RPG's but they're from 2 totaly different and seperate genre, you cant therefore compare them. You can say that one is a more faithful translation of the game, but thats about as far as you can go.

LoveOfAnime 2004-10-12 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz

Spoiler:

I agree completely. Question for you.
Spoiler:
Did anyone else notice the sound being terrible? Kind of like fading in and out and some hissing? To me it also seemed the characters were subpar. I might watch a couple more episodes, but I think I already like Final Approach more. The art seemed better and the storyline seemed like it had more options as to how the storyline will progress.

Tiamat's Disciple 2004-10-12 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
I agree completely. Question for you.
Spoiler:
Did anyone else notice the sound being terrible? Kind of like fading in and out and some hissing? To me it also seemed the characters were subpar. I might watch a couple more episodes, but I think I already like Final Approach more. The art seemed better and the storyline seemed like it had more options as to how the storyline will progress.

Final Aproach = Rizlemine Wannabe

I had no trouble with the sound, you might need to update your codecs to the latest ones is all