AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Utawarerumono (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Utawarerumono Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31623)

xris 2006-04-29 10:42

Utawarerumono Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Utawarerumono, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

felix 2006-04-29 15:13

The series is very intresting and the characters seem to be top notch... Very Good from me :Dhttp://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

My theory on the first scene...

Horny Guy (don't know his name yet)... is a demon... *thinks of the op*

xris 2006-04-29 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII

I thought...
Spoiler for horny guy:

felix 2006-04-29 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojisan
I thought...
Spoiler for horny guy:

Demon sounds better since...
  1. I haven't seen many anime with dragons
  2. The op is pretty spoilerish and I don't recall seeing a dragon...

Anyway I hope Hakuoro is a dragon like you say :D... and that the angel is Erurru... anyway seeing the op Aruruu (shy sister) probably ends up kicking some major villain ass...

Vexx 2006-04-29 18:39

Heh.. thought I might get yelled at for an "8" but it appears I'm in the slot. Just a good solid episode, not a lifechanger but lots of nice detail.... if the animation were "AIR" quality with all those Ainu motif designs I might have just died.

SomeWhiteGuy 2006-04-29 18:40

I'd say bad...... but I kinda compare this to the rest of the series. Virutally no action took place, and I found it pretty boring. I like ther series alot, but they just took to much time to introduce all the chars.

(I'm refering to the 1st ep only)

Kamui4356 2006-04-29 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeWhiteGuy
I'd say bad...... but I kinda compare this to the rest of the series. Virutally no action took place, and I found it pretty boring. I like ther series alot, but they just took to much time to introduce all the chars.

(I'm refering to the 1st ep only)

I disagree completely. It was a nice introduction to the main characters. I thought it was pretty balanced, not too slow, but not rushed either. It seemed quite approprate for the setting. Not to mention the tail grab scene. ;)

Daniel E. 2006-04-29 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
The series is very intresting and the characters seem to be top notch... Very Good from me :Dhttp://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

My theory on the first scene...

In the original thread, some people were guessing that the mask could be a seal of sorts that keep either his powers or his true identity contained. (hence the fact that he can't take it off)

Vexx 2006-04-29 20:53

Well.. shows that jump into "action" without defining the characters or explaining their environment or how they inter-relate to each other are just too shallow for me to waste time on .... so I think it was just right in terms of character definition and introduction (though Mr. Nuwangi punk ran away a bit quickly when told he couldn't bully/kidnap/havehisway with Eruruu).

celcius 2006-04-29 21:02

I was consiering a 7, but I though I got hooked almost instantly. So an 8 would be better.

It's a nice start, with showing the main characters and their relationships with the people in the village, as well as the nature of the vilage as well. I agree that a fight from the start wouldn't be good, since you'll have only the looks of the opposing sides to base your judgment on whom you side with.

The OP definitely wins. Seeing the OP immediately bumps this onto #2 of my most anticipated series for this season.

felix 2006-04-30 09:55

Little thing that has been bothering me...

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon5.gif Is it just me or does the voice that tells Hakuoro that he's ok sounds different from Erurrus...

Originally Posted by Vexx
Well.. shows that jump into "action" without defining the characters or explaining their environment or how they inter-relate to each other are just too shallow for me to waste time on .... so I think it was just right in terms of character definition and introduction (though Mr. Nuwangi punk ran away a bit quickly when told he couldn't bully/kidnap/havehisway with Eruruu).

Well I personally find some of those shallow series very interesting... as long as they go all out with the fight and still have some minor introduction towards the end :D... little cliffhanger would be nice... and going back in the timeline for the next ep usually makes it fun to watch...

Cyz 2006-05-04 20:21

watched episode 1. im beginning to like this anime. also, is eruruu ticklish or is she "feeling good" when someone touch her tail?

Daniel E. 2006-05-04 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz
[color=royalblue]watched episode 1. im beginning to like this anime. also, is eruruu ticklish or is she "feeling good" when someone touch her tail?[/color]

Probably both. :D

Cyz 2006-05-04 21:02

:heh: i think that's the equivalent of touching a woman's behind. at least that's what i think :heh:

SlugZilla 2006-05-07 13:47

Well dogs for example have an erogenous zone at the base of their tail, so they are very sensitive when pulled. It must work the same way for her "kind".

Karnot 2006-05-30 16:32

How the hell do you know about dogs erogenous zones ?!!!
LOL

Onizuka-GTO 2006-05-30 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnot
How the hell do you know about dogs erogenous zones ?!!!
LOL

just don't ask.... :D

raphaël 2006-08-05 19:21

OK, as I said in the "licensing" thread, I just watch this, and gave it a 8...

So frustrating :(

Personnally, I loved the ED and the setting. The OP was a bit too plain for me.

Anyway, who cares, it's goddamn L I C E N S E D... :sad:

From now on, please call me "raph the wretched".

By the way, to end on a positive note, the last 4 posts here, before mine are really funny. :p

shiron 2006-08-15 16:31

When i watch Utawarerumono at the begining Hakuoro.Touch Erurū tails .^.^http://i62.thottbot.com/en/Interface...V_Sword_50.jpg

Lost 2006-08-16 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiron
When i watch Utawarerumono at the begining Hakuoro.Touch Erurū tails .^.^

I don't think I'm wrong in saying that quite a few of us started watching UtaMono due to the tail-grabbing scene. At least, Catgirl's excellent TailGrab™ .gif started me on this series. Lol, its interesting just to retrospect a little.

C.A. 2006-08-16 09:57

Well actually I myself started watching this show 4 days ago, downloaded all in one day and finished watching in 2 days. I was only prompt to watch the show after seeing a Touka gif, the little section in episode 17 where she wants to have the animal around her neck as well lol, that was definitely cute.

The 1st episode wasn't really interesting for me though.

Lost 2006-08-16 10:25

^ Lol yeah that was cute. Man, one of the first Anime I've heard that people get introduced to by .gifs. The power of gifs!! Anyhow yes, the first episode didnt impress me much.

C.A. 2006-08-16 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost
^ Lol yeah that was cute. Man, one of the first Anime I've heard that people get introduced to by .gifs. The power of gifs!! Anyhow yes, the first episode didnt impress me much.

lol gifs are more powerful that you think.

Gifs introduced me to both Haruhi and Utawarerumono.

I didn't know about Haruhi until I saw dancing gifs popping all over the internet, I read a Haruhi thread on HF forums and the thread starter was saying episode 1 is bad. Now I laugh at that thread starter for the thread has become one of the largest threads and Haruhiism is everywhere.

Then the same thread starter created a Utawarerumono thread and said episode 1 is boring and slow. Now that thread is also one of the most popular threads. And I was also attracted by a gif lol

gifs > reviews.

raphaël 2006-08-16 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A.
Well actually I myself started watching this show 4 days ago, downloaded all in one day and finished watching in 2 days. I was only prompt to watch the show after seeing a Touka gif, the little section in episode 17 where she wants to have the animal around her neck as well lol, that was definitely cute.

The 1st episode wasn't really interesting for me though.

Please don't "wish" anything from this story you're going to get it all messed up! :p

Frankly, I just watched ep.3, and I find it quite enjoyable. I suppose you liked it yourself, as you kept up with the episodes so relentlessly. :D

Lost 2006-08-16 12:21

Quote:

I didn't know about Haruhi until I saw dancing gifs popping all over the internet, I read a Haruhi thread on HF forums and the thread starter was saying episode 1 is bad. Now I laugh at that thread starter for the thread has become one of the largest threads and Haruhiism is everywhere.

Then the same thread starter created a Utawarerumono thread and said episode 1 is boring and slow. Now that thread is also one of the most popular threads. And I was also attracted by a gif lol

WTH! I want to meet that thread starter. Its uncanny. Lol, interesting interesting read. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphaël
Frankly, I just watched ep.3, and I find it quite enjoyable.

I like UtaMono, tho after awhile I started to find that it got a somewhat shallow and generic; especially in the lack of side character development and relationships. :p I'm such a party pooper :heh: Anyhow I'm hoping the last arc will save the series for me. :D

C.A. 2006-08-16 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphaël
Please don't "wish" anything from this story you're going to get it all messed up! :p

Frankly, I just watched ep.3, and I find it quite enjoyable. I suppose you liked it yourself, as you kept up with the episodes so relentlessly. :D

lol of course I liked this show, its a great show. There's no such thing as 'bad' for me, there's only not very good, good, nice, great and brilliant. This show is a around nice and great for me :D

People who say shows are bad are just people who don't understand the show. If I don't understand a show, I'll just put that I'm not clever enough to understand that show. So far nothing like that has happened though :p

raphaël 2006-08-16 13:01

Quote:

People who say shows are bad are just people who don't understand the show. If I don't understand a show, I'll just put that I'm not clever enough to understand that show. So far nothing like that has happened though :p

Here I don't agree. There are bad shows, like Kiba, Ouran or Bimbou Shimai Monogatari, lately, or even Naruto. There's nothing to understand in those series. They suck. It's called common sense. :p

Though there are shows I don't like while admitting they're good. I've never been into mecha anime, for instance so I'll never judge one as "bad".

But I guess that belongs to another forum. I don't want my post(s) to be deleted. :heh:

Going back to the topic : If you say this show keeps on going good, I'll trust you and keep on watching. :D
We both adore Haruhi-sama, so... :cool:

SCKnight 2006-09-18 19:18

Apparently, people think that Eruruu did it with Hakoru.

kameha4th 2007-07-11 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCKnight (Post 680083)
Apparently, people think that Eruruu did it with Hakoru.

o.O dude.....:confused: