AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 27 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55369)

RevanAD 2007-10-05 12:40

It's been a long long time since I watched it, but the scene where Hinagikutena deflected what's-his-name's fire dragon attack into the roof of the stadium reminded me of Hiei's match against somebody in Yu Yu Hakusho's big tournament arc. Hiei used his black dragon flame attack and I think the other guy deflected it into the roof of the stadium, blasting a huge hole.

Not to mention that afterwards when Hinagikutena showed off her speed to beat butler-guy, the way that scene was done was distinctly reminiscent of the scene where Ichigo is circling Byakuya at high speed shortly after releasing bankai (not that characters having after-images when moving at high speed is especially unusual in anime, just that it seemed specifically modeled after that scene).

CJL13 2007-10-05 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 1183645)
This was a great episode, Hina got some screentime and I had plenty of laughs. It feels like a whole new show now, with the new opening, ending and the sudden change of events. Not that I'm complaining, I love how it all plays out. Klaus was, as always, hilarious.

I'll give it some time before saying that the show has completely changed, it seems to me this arc will last 3 episodes. I like the schoolmaster, her love of sweets reminds me of a certain someone. :heh:

Echoes 2007-10-05 13:41

I didn't mean it in the sense that it's a new show completely, more like the same old awesomeness in a different package. :)

I think I can take a guess at who the other sweet-loving person is.

Pell14 2007-10-05 13:48

I actually preferred the 1st op

himemiya613 2007-10-05 17:25

new yuri characters o.o

S_K 2007-10-05 20:08

black hayate that just made me laugh :heh:
anyways looking forward to the tournament
the mysterious butler?!? i wonder who that can be :heh:

justsomeguy 2007-10-05 21:04

What's up with the spinning flowers in the ED? That belongs in Higurashi, not here!

garra113 2007-10-05 21:29

S_K... if you don't know who they are then you obviously fail(Doesn't that the sarcasm joke :P). ROAR!!!!

S_K 2007-10-05 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113 (Post 1184617)
S_K... if you don't know who they are then you obviously fail(Doesn't that the sarcasm joke :P). ROAR!!!!

I really wanted to cry at that part because that was the worst disguise i have ever seen :heh:

Midonin 2007-10-05 22:20

I give Klaus and Tama points for the Boukenger-esque masks though.

Sorrow-K 2007-10-05 23:28

Klaus and Tama save the day again, although I did enjoy the Hina fight. But, I agree with most, this ep was sluggish. I don't think this show is "sliding", so to say, I think the problem is that the "combat butler" component of this series has pretty much offered all that it can. It all feels like "same-old same-old" now. I mean, there's only so often you can laugh at the idea of "OMG they're butlers AND they fight each other", and I think we passed that about a dozen episodes ago.

iamandragon 2007-10-06 00:20

Great OP. This episodes really deserves a 10 out of 10! Pity I clicked on 0 out of 10 by accident...

Gains 2007-10-06 03:49

Nice episode for me, and <3 Hina.

New OP is good, but new ED is not really to my liking.

By the way, I think I look like this when watching Hinagiku's actions :D

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5...4504cv4.th.jpg

Sylphic 2007-10-06 04:42

Not a bad ep at all
lots of gags though I do wish they'd go back to the manga
LOL first post on iPod touch this thing is amazing

ChronoReverse 2007-10-06 11:40

More Hinagiku exposure makes for a good episode. I don't mind the little sidetrack of anime original material. After all, it's completely over the top just like the rest of Hayate no Gotoku.

And bonus points for the scenes of Hinagiku doing her best to thwart the superintendent.

Mentar 2007-10-06 12:45

I wonder if there's any other show which has a second-line character with a popularity such as Hina. SO many people long to see more of her, it's really amazing.

Especially, since her _really_ strong arcs haven't even aired yet.

grey_moon 2007-10-06 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 1185872)
I wonder if there's any other show which has a second-line character with a popularity such as Hina. SO many people long to see more of her, it's really amazing.

Especially, since her _really_ strong arcs haven't even aired yet.

I've been amazed at her popularity. I can understand why Maria would be so popular, but Hina from just the anime throws me. Is it because of the manga? Or do people like her from the little screen time she has had? If that is the case she could run for president when she gets more screen time.

garra113 2007-10-06 20:15

Well actually... She shows up more in the manga. Why is all the good characters never get much screen time (I.E. SAKUYA-SAMA!!!!)

GyroidFanatic 2007-10-06 20:43

Quote:

I've been amazed at her popularity. I can understand why Maria would be so popular, but Hina from just the anime throws me. Is it because of the manga? Or do people like her from the little screen time she has had? If that is the case she could run for president when she gets more screen time.
She apparently started out as a minor character, but got first place in one of those popularity polls that manga tend to hold.

neutralizer 2007-10-06 23:53

If this aired during Hinagiku's competition in Saimoe, she wouldn't have a problem winning. That episode was awesome. So much Hina, blushing Hina, Kendo Hina. I really enjoyed this episode even though it was only a filler.

I liked the intro, but not as much as the original. The ending was okay, but it was lacking in Hina.