AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Air (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Air - Questions and Answers! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26310)

xris 2005-12-17 10:20

Air - Questions and Answers!

This thread is for those with questions about the Air anime, movie, manga or game. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the game (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ

Spoiler tag example
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

NightWish 2005-12-17 11:42

Recovered Thread Content

Spoiler:

animeloon 2005-12-21 06:09

watched air tv 1-12..however still can't understand the ending.

1. who's the 2 kids at the end?are they related to yukito and mizusu?

frad113 2005-12-21 20:44

Quoted from the "spoiler" above:
Quote:

1)Misuzu dies and her soul returns to the sky but this time with happy memories she got from having spent the time with her mother. There's a bit more to it though. There's debate as to whether or not the two kids seen in the ending were yukito and misuzu reincarnated.

Leo_Otaku 2005-12-22 22:58

Nobody really knows. They represent "a new beginning".

Casius 2005-12-25 00:01

All these twists and turns and confusing storyline, I think are one of the main reasons that made this anime great

Paper Lilies 2005-12-26 23:48

^^

Should I Watch the Special, or movie first after the series?

Neaco 2005-12-27 01:28

The special is based on the series, so it's preferrable to see the two summer eps to finish off the series.

The AIR movie for all intents and purposes is a standalone alternate telling of the AIR story. Watch it first before the tv series or you can watch it last after seeing the series but keep the two as separate.

Leo_Otaku 2005-12-27 22:26

Totally watch the TV series first then watch the movie or special next. The movie didn't have the emotional impact and may leave the series with less?

sniperz 2005-12-28 07:22

so basically i wan to know the ending

air the movie : mizusu became a angel after she's fevered out*

air 1-13: ??? wats the ending?

juz need to know..

celcius 2005-12-28 20:39

Leo_Otaku:
Or, watch the movie but skip the Aozora scene. I know I'm doing that xD

sniperz:
Spoiler:

eLcHaKeTeRo 2005-12-31 07:47

i stumbled onto this series...and i liked it and since it was so short i though that it hadnt ended.....but i guess i was wrong....this was a time filler between bleach episodes, but a GREAT filler at that

Spoiler:

frad113 2005-12-31 19:09

Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by frad113
Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.

we'll just agree to disagree....but it still doesnt take anything away from air.....i really liked it alot though

Spoiler:

and thanks for the answer to my previous question

frad113 2006-01-01 02:59

No problem, it wasn't all that difficult to answer. ;)

Frozen_Skye 2006-01-01 08:30

I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?

OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12

Frozen_Skye 2006-01-01 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12

I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!

......ok......i hope this answers ur question..........
Quote:

Finally a word about Sora the crow.

As tragic as it is that Yukito seems to have run away and abandoned Misuzu when she really needed him and cared for him, he did the right thing. He'd gone as far as the two could go with the way things were. Had Yukito stayed as the freeloader at the Kamio house, Misuzu would have died without reaching her goal. Yukito may have lived on, or he may have died within a year anyway, like his ancestor Ryuuyu had 1000 years earlier. This would have solved nothing.

Instead, like his mother before him, he placed his heart, his wish, into the doll while he still had power, while he was still strong. His wish was to be by Misuzu's side forever and to help her reach her goal, and to save the girl in the sky, Kanna, fufilling Ryuuyu's 1000 year old wish. In the final three episodes Yukito, as Sora
rarely leaves Misuzu's side. He intervenes when Haruko tosses away Misuzu's birthday gift, the baby dinosaur, and alerts Haruko to its presence at the temple towards the end. Misuzu tries her best to reach the dinosaur and succeeds, a rehearsal perhaps for reaching her ultimate goal.

But why a crow? Haruko's (some say corny) speech at the end should give us a clue. Humans cannot fly in the sky, but birds can. After Misuzu reaches her goal, Sora flies away to find the girl in the sky who's still alone to bring her back for a new beginning.
What is the use of wings which cannot flap nor fly?
It's to remind us of those happy memories from when we could fly.

What is the use of friends or family who ultimately die or leave?
The happy memories they leave behind.
.....its kinda like im doin ur homework........lol

frad113 2006-01-01 18:38

At that moment in time in episode 7, Yukito-san put all his will power into saving Misuzu and "became" Sora. Thus, the space-time continium was altered and the Yukito-san in episodes 10, 11 and 12 was no longer the same Yukito-san who was there before. Or something like that. I'm probably wrong, we have to wait for Rugal to come back here and explain again. :)

ForeverGoNe 2006-01-03 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by frad113
At that moment in time in episode 7, Yukito-san put all his will power into saving Misuzu and "became" Sora. Thus, the space-time continium was altered and the Yukito-san in episodes 10, 11 and 12 was no longer the same Yukito-san who was there before. Or something like that. I'm probably wrong, we have to wait for Rugal to come back here and explain again. :)

No, what you said was exactly right. Yukito gave up his life for Misuzu in order she could continue living. Yukito reincarnated into the Crow to observe the relationship that Misuzu had with Haruka.

As for the posts above, it's recommended that you watch the series first. I'll move you in no way you can imagine. The movie is from a different perspective and will completely throw you off if you don't watch the series first. The series tends to be more genuine and true when compared to the movie because there's the romance element inside it. The series focuses more on drama instead.

PersocomChi 2006-01-05 00:27

Question abt Air

Well I finished this series in a day and was really touched.. =.= well every romance anime I watched I've been touched.. but ya anyways... I saw the movie too and the result of poor Misuzu is the same :( .. any rumors that they going to have another season of Air? Because the story still have lots of plothole.. like Yukito still didn't freed Kanna and well I think most think that Misuzu is an incarnation of Kanna but Yukito didn't freed her in the end.. and what happened to Yukito.. turned to a crow? ...

ForeverGoNe 2006-01-05 21:58

No extra season. It was how the game left off, so I don't see any extra season being made.

Kuragari 2006-01-12 12:02

There has to be more!

Spoiler:

BiZz 2006-01-13 18:26

Hum... I want to know which is the best team for Air's tranlation ( Lunar or Triad )

THX you =)

Maceart 2006-01-13 20:44

I think Koi's the best, but it's just opinion.

Kuragari 2006-01-13 20:48

Koi is definitely better, they give translation notes... which I think every translator should do, I've seen such horrible translation over the years... I'm not fluent but there's still so many poor translations out there that aren't even fansubs! Nobody seems to know about japanese culture, but Koi goes so far as to show people about certain customs.

BiZz 2006-01-13 23:06

Oki thx =) Koi i'll try :)

frad113 2006-01-14 02:07

I have read that Takeda Honyakubu is good, but they are only on episode 6. Koi is good, but their font is a bit too small when watching on TV.

Desiree 2006-01-14 09:42

I just discovered this anime from watching someone's AMV... it was beautiful so it got me interested in checking out this show. I've only watched the first episode so far. I know this question might seem irrelevant and probably dumb, but I wanted to know:- how old are Yukito and Misuzu? He seems a bit old..

Leo_Otaku 2006-01-16 02:54

I think she is 16 or 17ish and he is 19 or 20ish

Tempestuousfury 2006-01-26 07:13

*roar* *grr* *foams at mouth*
I gave the cds with air on 'em to a friend, and now all of you have got me wanting to watch it again. *evil eye* *ROAR*

In order to be somewhat productive:
Anyone know what significance feathers have in Japanese myth, etc.?
Is the girl in the sky story based on existing Japanese folklore?
What would be the easiest way of getting the game (I take it it is for the ps2...?) I suppose I'd like the not-hgame, since I'd like to keep the innocent image I have of the girls glued in my head?
Does the game's story augment, set up, match, the movie/ series?
Anyone know of a way to d/l the manga? (I'm not sure how this fits in to the fansubbing thing, so feel free to reprimand me if I am at fault for asking)
Also, 1000th summer? I'm almost positive this should have been asked and answered already, but still wanting to know.

Sorry if I repeated things that were previously asked and if my questions really don't warrant an answer, but I feel that this would be the best place to get these questions answer. *scratches head*

Anyways, thank you in advance.

celcius 2006-01-26 07:42

Quote:

What would be the easiest way of getting the game (I take it it is for the ps2...?) I suppose I'd like the not-hgame, since I'd like to keep the innocent image I have of the girls glued in my head?
Buy. There's the AIR all ages version for what you want. I also have the same idea, although the AIR game artbook kinda makes me want to delete it and not delete it at the same time, lol. There are "other" ways to obtain it, it's not allowed here though. Don't ask anymore about it, lol.

Quote:

Does the game's story augment, set up, match, the movie/ series?
The story of AIR was compressed into 12 episodes. AFAIK, the game is superior to the TV series. I recall some people complaining about the Aozora scene, that it was butchered. Well, as I have close to zero Japanese language comprehension, I'll never enjoy the real, full length Aozora scene.

I have no idea for the other questions =/ Someone's gonna have to drop by to anser those.

DanielSong39 2006-01-31 03:58

Why does Haruko say that Misuzu doesn't really have any friends in Episode 5? I thought Misuzu and Kano were best friends?

Leo_Otaku 2006-02-01 17:44

I don't remember Kano and Misuzu being close friends at all. I think you missed that.

Monster in a box 2006-02-16 17:58

Really basic question about the specials

I know there's a Q&A thread and all that, but I'm nuts about spoilers, a brief stroll through that thread ran me straight into what might have been some major spoilers...

So...is there any point in downloading the specials? From what I've gathered they are either

A) Based on ep.8 & 9, but kinda different (which would be...well, worthwhile to an extent)

or

B) Ep.8 & 9 treated as one episode. (utterly pointless)

Also, is there any reason to watch ep.13, or is it purely recap? I tried to bring myself to watch it, but the first minute or so just made me want to start from episode 1 again.

Tempestuousfury 2006-02-16 19:44

I downloaded them, and the show, and the movie, but don't want to spend hours and hours watching it all at once and getting a heartache. :P

However, about episode thirteen, I did the same thing the first time through, so is it worth it?

frad113 2006-02-16 19:47

This would answer your question about the specials; and yes the recap is purely recap.

Monster in a box 2006-02-16 22:07

Ah. Guess I missed that the first time I looked through the wiki...

Well, I guess it's more or less worth downloading then. I'd still prefer more stuff with Minagi and...erm...they used her so little that I can't even remember her name. FreeFreePlanetling1.

milkmandan 2006-02-17 02:50

the specials are def worth downloading. the recap is not..its just a recap