AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   History`s Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49112)

monir 2007-06-12 16:56

History`s Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi)

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/A6863_3716.jpg

Genre: Fighting technique that makes a lot of sense!

Author: Matsuena Shun

Publisher: Shogakukan Inc.

Serialized in: Shounen Sunday

Synopsis: Shirahama Kenichi is an average student who has earned the nickname "Weak Legs" from always getting bullied. One day he meets a cute girl named Furinji Miu who helps him build the courage to begin training at a mysterious dojo where she lives. Here Kenichi faces intense training from masters of many different martial arts styles as he attempts to become stronger.
[courtesy of ANN.]

edit: Thanks HiNo!

hi no ken Jebus 2007-06-12 17:08

:heh:Kind of rare to see you in the manga section. Anyway it's serialized in Shonen Sunday not Jump.

monir 2007-06-12 17:15

I got myself involved in a bit of damage control, but I assure you that I'm still a manga-virgin for most series I'm following, including this one. :heh: Thanks for the correction HiNo!

ItachiGT 2007-06-13 04:16

Oh, already so many posts......:rolleyes:

Well the current scanlated chapter is 61, which would be episode 26 in the Anime.

blade82 2007-06-13 06:51

it would be great to see here what happen in the manga before the translate anime episode:)

madarabe 2007-06-13 07:38

Ever wonder how that fat guy manage to join the Loki Sentai?

ItachiGT 2007-06-13 09:42

LMAO xD...........hillarious xD

Xardion 2007-06-13 10:24

Dear god....
Spoiler for omake:

kenjiharima 2007-06-13 11:25

Are there any limited editions of Kenichi manga which either have vattiant covers or special items inside...?

Fang taichou 2007-06-13 11:40

Scanlation for Kenichi chapter 152 almost done, just need to have the translations checked over + any other editting as required. Since this manga is unlicensed it should be ok to give a link to where you can download it right?

TigerII 2007-06-13 13:21

Er, I would check with an admin about that first.

And thanks for doing this.

majin_vegeta 2007-06-14 12:40

Did volume 25 get released yet? I checked and I didn't see it.

Fang taichou 2007-06-14 13:09

I heard someone say it was coming out on the 19th.

In any case, manga vs. anime comparison (I have no idea whether this belongs in the fansub thread or not since it involves its animated version too):

I wonder why the animators didn't use the Himeno from the manga:

Spoiler:

IMO manga version of Himeno is better, although this might be because I wanted those cut out chapters to have been animated :(

moeman 2007-06-14 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by majin_vegeta (Post 994040)
Did volume 25 get released yet? I checked and I didn't see it.

It will be released on the 18th of this month. Preorder yours today at yesasia.com. I already did. :D

BanditKing 2007-06-14 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fang taichou (Post 994074)
I heard someone say it was coming out on the 19th.

In any case, manga vs. anime comparison (I have no idea whether this belongs in the fansub thread or not since it involves its animated version too):

I wonder why the animators didn't use the Himeno from the manga:

Spoiler:

IMO manga version of Himeno is better, although this might be because I wanted those cut out chapters to have been animated :(

Wow interesting i didn't notice this at all :heh:

Though the one i do notice was the big different between the Anime and the Manga beginning where they completely rush kenichi to the dojo right away where in the manga he didn't come until volume 2.

majin_vegeta 2007-06-14 22:38

There are so many differences from the manga and the show. I really like the show, but I am leaning more towards the manga. I would prefer it if they didn't skip so many chapter just to make things run quicker. I guess they had to do alot of crunching. Does anyone know if this show is doing well in Japan? I am assuming the manga is doing well because it is on vol24 and still coming.

blade82 2007-06-15 16:20

I hope that work well there and that we'll have a new ps2 game with sensei playable

Xardion 2007-06-15 23:54

The manga is always different than the anime. Oh and to get the ball rolling here is a question for those who are reading the manga, in the manga what are some things they changed about the masters that is not in the anime?

Fang taichou 2007-06-16 17:23

I've got version 2 uploaded now, madarabe sent me a checked over translation script, so now you can enjoy a better quality chapter ^_^

Go give him a round of applause people, he deserves it :heh:

moeman 2007-06-16 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fang taichou (Post 997124)
The link to my scanlated chapter of Kenichi Battle 152:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/97px2d

I PM'ed a moderator and he said it was okay for me to post a link to where you can get my scanlation (since the manga is unlicensed, when it does get licensed this'll be removed). The quality isn't high but I figured it's best to keep it simple for now. I haven't heard from madarabe in a while so I can't release a better version just yet (my translation checker, oh where have you gone :( )

In any case enjoy, I'm working on chapter 151 at the moment since I have about half of it done :heh:

thank you fang, you did an excellent job. I appreciate your hard work.