AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "Primative" Mecha-s (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52777)

rooroobearr 2007-08-11 16:46

"Primative" Mecha-s

Can anyone suggest some animes where the mechas are mass produced and still use bullets like in FMP and TSR!They were great suggestions will be GREATLY Thanked!

Radiosity 2007-08-11 16:53

Code Geass, definitely. It's got some advanced stuff as well but mostly those are prototypes/ experimentals. The mechs they use have regular firearms + close combat weapons in various forms. Also, it rocks, has a badass protagonist/ anti-hero, and the story is well thought out and executed. Definitely recommended :D

edit: Gunparade March is another you'd probably like.

Terrestrial Dream 2007-08-11 17:01

All the Macross, however even though in Macross 7 they do use bullet to to fight the main character sing instead of fighting. Most are about 10years old expect Zero.

rooroobearr 2007-08-11 17:05

hmm those are great yes Code Geass is GREAT ONE OF THE BEST!!!
so close to finishing it too.....and i am currently watching GunparadeMarch and MacrossZERO!ty for the suggestiong more will be Thanked!

Robotnik 2007-08-12 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooroobearr (Post 1090432)
Can anyone suggest some animes where the mechas are mass produced and still use bullets like in FMP and TSR!They were great suggestions will be GREATLY Thanked!

I think you mean "more realistic" or "near future" mecha, rather than "primitive" (which makes me think of the clunky steampunk spirit-driven machines in Sakura Taisen).

I'll throw in recommendations for old licensed stuff:

* Gundam 08th MS Team, where the mecha and combat are treated rather realistically.

* Patlabor; the movies are fairly serious/realistic; what little I remember of the TV show was a bit like You're Under Arrest with mecha.

* Appleseed (2004 cg movie); one of my all-time favorites, definitely fits your criteria of mass produced mecha using conventional weapons.

rooroobearr 2007-08-12 16:32

ty so much these look exactly what i'm looking for!!!though it would be better if they are recent but ty anyways sooo much!!too many laserz these days -.-

rooroobearr 2007-11-06 14:05

Bumping this...I'm still interested in this.......and I've finished all of those...can I really just bump this...?Errrmmmhhhh...?

The Chaos 2007-11-06 14:16

Did you Watch Gundam wing.....Gundam Seed..?
Really good series...

NightSamurai 2007-11-06 16:55

Would you like the mechas to be a main part of the story? Because Ergo Proxy has them in a few episodes, but they are more of a side note.

Ichihara Asako 2007-11-06 18:27

Seconding Macross, though avoid II and 7. The original, Macross Plus and Macross Zero are where it's at.

rooroobearr 2007-11-06 18:27

Watched those...They use lazeers!T_T but now I don't care I'll take any mecha....now Heroic Age...that was something....

Ichihara Asako 2007-11-06 18:33

Macross uses lasers? The Veritechs have lasers on their heads, but their main gunpods use bullets. The lasers are almost never used in the series.

Terrestrial Dream 2007-11-06 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooroobearr (Post 1242137)
Watched those...They use lazeers!T_T but now I don't care I'll take any mecha....now Heroic Age...that was something....

Well as Ichihara Asako said in Macross they barley use any beam weapon, only one that uses beam weapons are the ship. Now since you said any mech, did you watch Fafner? pretty good show and it's made by the same studio that made Heroic Age. Though for super robot shows I would highly recommend Gunbuster, Diebuster, and my favorite anime of all time GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar Final.

rooroobearr 2007-11-06 18:49

Hmm for the laserz i meant gundam...and hmmm I'll check those out ty all of you! more will be appreciated!
Note: I said any mecha now =P

Tri-ring 2007-11-06 21:20

How about "Armored Trooper Votoms" it's a classic and is alot better than the mediocre mecha stories that stuff you by the dozen.

wingdarkness 2007-11-06 22:41

Blue Gender (If you got the guts to watch bugs pwn humans)...

Vision of Escaflowne (That's more primitive than any title here, great medieval mecha action)...

iXenomorph 2007-11-07 01:05

Bakuretsu tenshi has some kick-ass mecha action! Most of the mecha-battle is featured in slowmotion -3d, and there is all the bullet casings rolling onto the ground and all that good stuff during the gun fights :). Check it!

zephyrus 2007-11-07 03:56

im definetly seconding code geass, because well its just one of those great series that have to be mentioned everywhere

-have you watched gasaraki?

rooroobearr 2007-11-09 17:45

Ty...nope but I'll try all of these titles!

Furudanuki 2007-11-09 19:20

Innocent Venus is another show that would meet your criteria. There are several different "levels" of mechs: ranging from the light and heavy armored suits used by the regular military to the experimental battle suits used by the protagonists. Projectile and kinetic weapons are the norm - I don't recall any energy or beam weapons being used.