AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Blood-C Theatrical Movie: The Last Dark (CLAMP/Production IG) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108723)

duckroll 2011-12-02 11:50

Blood-C Theatrical Movie: The Last Dark (CLAMP/Production IG)

http://i.imgur.com/Mr7bL.png

Official Site: http://blood-c-movie.jp/index.html
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3-aVf5CEE

Continues right after the TV series, set in Tokyo.

Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Original Character Design: CLAMP
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Kazuchika Kise
Script: Nanase Ohkawa (CLAMP), Junichi Fujisaku
Animation Production: Production IG

The movie started production at the same time as the TV series with a different core staff at Production IG. It will open in Japan on July 2nd 2012.

Spoiler for Key Visual:

Here's a translation of the movie plot summary from the site:

Tokyo, Winter.

Despite the use of the Youth Ordinance Bill to enforce curfews for minors and regulate the use of the internet, young people continue to fight for their own freedom through underground methods. One such group calls themselves Surat. They have decided to take on Fumito Nanahara, a man who has great influence on the political world, and basically controls Tokyo with an iron fist. While using the internet as a weapon to discover more information about Fumito, they learn about "Tower", the secret organization behind Fumito which engages in human experimentation.

When members of Surat attempt to set up an ambush in the subway to expose the truth behind "Tower", mysterious creatures suddenly appear and attack the passengers. During this crisis, Saya appears - a young girl who uses a Japanese blade to slay the Old Ones. The same Saya who lost everything dear to her in that horrifying incident in Ukishima Province. What sort of "experiment" is Fumito and "Tower" trying to conduct using the Old Ones? And can Saya finally deliver vengeance to Fumito?

Now, the final battle begins...

totoum 2011-12-02 12:44

Quote:

despite the use of the Youth Ordinance Bill to enforce curfews for minors and regulate the use of the internet, young people continue to fight for their own freedom through underground methods. One such group calls themselves Surat. They have decided to take on Fumito Nanahara, a man who has great influence on the political world, and basically controls Tokyo with an iron fist.
Oh wow,I dropped the series but the obvious Ishihara references have me intrigued

4Tran 2011-12-02 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3883938)
Here's a translation of the movie plot summary from the site:

Tokyo, Winter.

Despite the use of the Youth Ordinance Bill to enforce curfews for minors and regulate the use of the internet, young people continue to fight for their own freedom through underground methods. One such group calls themselves Surat. They have decided to take on Fumito Nanahara, a man who has great influence on the political world, and basically controls Tokyo with an iron fist. While using the internet as a weapon to discover more information about Fumito, they learn about "Tower", the secret organization behind Fumito which engages in human experimentation.

This is amazing. The Japanese government is actually promoting an anti-government rant in support of basically terrorists? The misanthropy in this movie is going to be so hilarious that I can see people like Kitoh Mohiro stewing in jealousy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3883998)
Oh wow,I dropped the series but the obvious Ishihara references have me intrigued

Blood-C is a must watch show if you're any kind of anime fan. And by watch, I mean watch just episodes 9 and 12. Or just episode 12 by itself. Otherwise, you'd miss out on the most signature anime show of either 2011 or of all time. ;)

fertygo 2011-12-02 15:49

The trailer is very fecking great.

Kagayaki 2011-12-02 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 3884024)
Blood-C is a must watch show if you're any kind of anime fan. And by watch, I mean watch just episodes 9 and 12. Or just episode 12 by itself. Otherwise, you'd miss out on the most signature anime show of either 2011 or of all time. ;)

I just did this. So now I've seen episodes 1, 2, 9, and 12, and strangely, I don't feel like I've missed a whole lot. My reaction: :eyespin:

I still haven't made up my mind whether I should be thanking you for this suggestion or not :heh:

HasuMasu 2011-12-02 23:19

So Fumito is Ishihara? Stick it to the man!! :cool:

This is going to be so awesome, I love how she grew back her eye, no eyepatch moe here. :heh:

Kanon 2011-12-03 04:18

So Shiotani really is the director. Brilliant news! The trailer looks gorgeous. I have a good feeling about this movie.

The synopsis is hilarious considering who's sponsoring the movie. Either they are not as stuck-up as I thought, or they had no idea what they signed up for.

klare 2011-12-03 11:10

nice trailer, my expectations higher now

and funny translation of the movie plot summary :)

DXMichael 2011-12-03 11:59

Damn, this movie looks great.

The series was slow for the first 5 episodes, then things picked up aftert that and got more interesting, so i'm glad I stuck around and watched the entire thing, because now I get to anticipate this movie and willingly wait to watch it.

Xagzan 2011-12-03 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3884733)

This is going to be so awesome, I love how she grew back her eye, no eyepatch moe here. :heh:

Eyepatch moe? No if she had kept it she would've been eyepatch badass. I kind of wish she had too, but she's still looking better than ever. No more ditzy moe fake personality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 3884024)
This is amazing. The Japanese government is actually promoting an anti-government rant in support of basically terrorists?

Hah, I noticed that right off the bat too. Truly delicious. Fumito being a stand in of sorts for Ishihara just made things that much more awesome in my book.

Edit: Just watched the trailer. Now THAT looks like a proper Blood story. It's what I expected the show to be when I first heard of it, but alas. And the animation quality looks even more amazing than the show, which I guess is understandable. Although I don't see why Saya is back in a schoolgirl uniform. I know it's a staple of the franchise, but still, wasn't this Saya never really a student? Plus it doesn't even look like her fake school's uniform.

Miraluka 2011-12-03 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3885833)
Although I don't see why Saya is back in a schoolgirl uniform. I know it's a staple of the franchise, but still, wasn't this Saya never really a student? Plus it doesn't even look like her fake school's uniform.

I call it obligatory transfer student .

Marcus H. 2011-12-03 19:55

Quote:

Despite the use of the Youth Ordinance Bill to
I was like WHAT?!

Master_Yoma 2011-12-03 22:15

This movie look sweet to bad it will be so long be anyone get to watch it

HasuMasu 2011-12-03 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3885895)
I was like WHAT?!

Ishihara is Lelouch I tell you. :heh:

zeniselv 2011-12-04 00:55

i think im gonna brainwash myself( maybe with some drugs or hypnosis) to forget the series abd fully enjoy the movie cuz is looking amazing.

HasuMasu 2011-12-04 00:57

Fumito can help you with memory washing. :heh:

maplehurry 2011-12-04 14:02

Looks like saya's eye recovered ?

4Tran 2011-12-04 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagayaki (Post 3884357)
I just did this. So now I've seen episodes 1, 2, 9, and 12, and strangely, I don't feel like I've missed a whole lot. My reaction: :eyespin:

Ah, the proper reaction! It proves that Saya will still protect you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagayaki (Post 3884357)
I still haven't made up my mind whether I should be thanking you for this suggestion or not :heh:

I've prevented you from watching episodes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11. You're welcome.

Quote:

Edit: Just watched the trailer. Now THAT looks like a proper Blood story. It's what I expected the show to be when I first heard of it, but alas. And the animation quality looks even more amazing than the show, which I guess is understandable. Although I don't see why Saya is back in a schoolgirl uniform. I know it's a staple of the franchise, but still, wasn't this Saya never really a student? Plus it doesn't even look like her fake school's uniform.

Hey, don't knock it. That picture in the OP is the best thing to have come out of the Blood-C franchise so far!
It will be the best thing to ever come out of the Blood-C franchise.

Kismet-chan 2011-12-06 00:34

Quote:

Eyepatch moe? No if she had kept it she would've been eyepatch badass. I kind of wish she had too, but she's still looking better than ever. No more ditzy moe fake personality.

Hah, I noticed that right off the bat too. Truly delicious. Fumito being a stand in of sorts for Ishihara just made things that much more awesome in my book.

Edit: Just watched the trailer. Now THAT looks like a proper Blood story. It's what I expected the show to be when I first heard of it, but alas. And the animation quality looks even more amazing than the show, which I guess is understandable.

I agree with ALL of this. Seriously.

Quote:

Although I don't see why Saya is back in a schoolgirl uniform. I know it's a staple of the franchise, but still, wasn't this Saya never really a student? Plus it doesn't even look like her fake school's uniform.
The only 2 possible explanations I can think of is that maybe either A) it was the only new outfit she could find that's easy to move around in or B) she chose it to blend in (or possibly a combo of both). If it isn't for one of those reasons, then I really can't see why they put her in a sailor uniform.

Keeping with the series' trademark items is an okay-ish excuse, but it would be just that -- an excuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 3887648)
Hey, don't knock it. That picture in the OP is the best thing to have come out of the Blood-C franchise so far!
It will be the best thing to ever come out of the Blood-C franchise.

I could possibly agree if both Fumito and Saya's hands and Saya's head didn't fail to be proportionate with the rest of their bodies... :uhoh:

dvd-rmg 2011-12-10 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3884733)

That or as well another reference to Ishihara would be Yuka Amino(One of the charaters from the blood-c tv show), Since she's fumito's puppet and pawn, Then Ishihara could be in reality a puppet pawn for a unknown organization(either been cults, large religious organizations, or secrets societies), remember that she actually "wanted" to be governor of tokyo in episode 12.

Ohh i think that part of Saya losing her eye, seems to be a reference to Clamp's Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.