AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Lucky Star (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Lucky Star Spin-off Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Anime - News & Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117062)

relentlessflame 2012-12-31 15:20

Lucky Star Spin-off Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Anime - News & Speculation

Per ANN and other sources, the Myakawa-ke no Kuufuku Lucky Star Spin-off manga is getting an anime adaptation.

Quote:

The manga is based on the Lucky Star Moe Drill game series and centers around big sister Hinata Miyakawa and little sister Hikage Miyakawa's impoverished daily life at home (due to Hinata's wasteful habits) and Hikage's life at elementary school.
Quote:

The ema lists director Yutaka Yamamoto (Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens, episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star), but does not state what role, if any, he will have.
If the latter quote is the case, then it likely won't be produced by Kyoto Animation, and will instead be handled by Yamakan's own Ordet.

Ithekro 2012-12-31 16:57

Well those two girls did have voice actresses in the KyoAni productions as well as the radio drama. (Mamiko Noto at the older one and Yukari Tamura as the younger one in the early radio versions. Yukiko Takaguchi and Yui Kano in the anime)

And while I am slightly curious on Konata showing up at the store Hinata works, I am actually more interested in the Hiiragi twins working at the shrine since that is kind of where the announcement happened.

And the lulz of a return of Lucky Channel. If possible.

Lightning_Wing 2012-12-31 19:09

Whoa, I never thought anything L*S was getting another adaption.

I'm not familiar, though, with the Miyakawa-Ke spin-off. How much does it have to do with the main series?

Master_Yoma 2012-12-31 23:07

Well this will do for now

Kotohono 2013-01-01 00:17

Any new animated stuff for this series is good news to me.

ultimatemegax 2013-01-01 10:28

Sited something people might be interested in.

Edit: It was tweeted by Yamakan on January 1st. One of the re-tweeters was the Ordet Staff. Perhaps they will be in charge of animation production?

relentlessflame 2013-01-01 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatemegax (Post 4496484)
Edit: It was tweeted by Yamakan on January 1st. One of the re-tweeters was the Ordet Staff. Perhaps they will be in charge of animation production?

I would certainly guess so (as I supposed in the opening post too); I have a hard time imagining Yamakan working for any other studio at this point now when he already has Ordet. Of course, they may partner with another studio as they've done a few times before.

kenjiharima 2013-01-01 23:33

REALLY?! WOW! This is AWESOME!
I really miss Lucky Star. Spin off or whatever I would love to see a LS anime again :D

Dextro 2013-01-02 14:23

Ordet hum? Not really sure what to think of it. Black Rock Shooter was pretty bad in the animation department but I'll reserve judgement till we know more details of who's in this.

Mokoko 2013-01-07 06:42

OMG!? Is it true ? It has to be ! Oh God, I love Lucky Star. I miss this show... Oh my god...

Westlo 2013-01-07 06:45

It's not like Lucky Star needs amazing animation....

ronelm2000 2013-01-12 03:59

I hope Ordet does not screw THIS one up. I know he has some kind of history with LS, so....

:D

Either way, anything LS is good. Hopefully, for the return of the entire series in general.

Larthak 2013-01-13 03:50

Yaay! <3

This made my day. Glad to see Yamamoto involved.

FlavoryFantasy 2013-01-15 10:27

Oh this is some interesting news. Will be glad to see this spin-off when it airs. Gladly welcome more lucky star! :D

kenjiharima 2013-01-15 19:11

Wonder if the old cast would make omake appearances?...no? Y_Y

shinku no kage 2013-01-19 01:52

Just found out about this the other day when I got my Feb.2013 issue of Comptiq and saw the article. Honestly, I was just as surprised as I was happy to hear that this was happening...well atleast the planning of making it into an anime series.

If anything I honestly expected a season 2 of Lucky Star with more cameo appearances by Hinata & Hikage. But this is good news as these days I enjoy the Miyakawa-ke spin off more then the main series itself.:heh:

Right now I'm just curious about IF AND WHEN this happens which VAs they're going to go with? Personally I'd REALLY like to see Tamura Yukari as Hikage again...:D And hopefully they're not going to ruin things (in my opinion) by throwing in Shiraishi Minoru into the cast...or worse, right into the show again. I just have this feeling he's going to be the VA of Hikage's teacher for some reason...orz

...and I can't say much else on anything else as...there isn't much else to go by. Hopefully the next issue of Comptiq will give us more valuable info.

Solafighter 2013-01-20 05:10

Been waiting for that for a long time.

shinku no kage 2013-02-20 23:59

Well according to the new issue of Comptiq it is now "officially" in production.:D

They even have an official HP now:

http://miyakawahungry.com/

Currently they've released a few character drafts and the set up of the sisters' apartment. There's also a character profile page.

Kudryavka 2013-02-22 01:22

For sure Ordet is doing this?

ultimatemegax 2013-02-28 21:26

Streaming in spring. Animation to be done by Ordet/Encourage Films. No cast announced yet, but the OP, KACHIGUMI, will be sung by Konata/Kagami and the ED, MAKEGUMI, will be sung by Hinata/Hikage. Music by Hyadain.