AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Smart background(?) character (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113523)

Eisdrache 2012-07-18 12:19

Smart background(?) character

Hello there

I'm looking for these character traits:

Female
Afraid of most/all things
Always tries to help others (maybe at the expense of herself)
Is very good/perfect in everything but would never show this to others
Always in the background but keeps everything together without anyone noticing it
Has to have a decent amount of screen time during the show.

TL;DR: I'm looking for a girl who is very shy but also very smart who just wants the best for everyone.

This is pretty specific but I hope that there are one or two characters like that :(

Kirito 2012-07-18 12:46

Well the only ones I can think of are Sae Nakata from Amagami SS, Aya Toujou from Ichigo 100% and Riko from Dog Days. Well what do you think?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-07-18 12:51

Tbh, the only one that I could think of that probably fits most of your criteria is Tabitha from Zero no Tsukaima.

monir 2012-07-18 13:08

Hanekawa Tsubasa from Bakemonogatari fits the mold. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few more of these type of female characters. I just can't think of them right at this moment other than Hanekawa.

MisaoFan 2012-07-18 13:14

Mogana Kikaijima from Medaka Box fits at least.

hyl 2012-07-18 13:21

It somewhat sounds like Hyuuga Hinata from Naruto or Toujou Aya from Ichigo 100% (the manga, i am not sure if the anime followed the entire story)

Eisdrache 2012-07-18 13:39

Hanekawa! Is Nisemono as <3 as the Bakemono one?

Sae and Hinata are completely not what I'm looking for.
Aya is marginally better but not really fitting either. Then again I only watched the anime (which was terrible)
I love Rico but she's not really fitting either.

I'll give Tabitha and Mogana and try :3

Kotohono 2012-07-18 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4261259)
Mogana Kikaijima from Medaka Box fits at least.

Seconding this, the OP description is pretty close to her, though she isn't completely shy I suppose, but should fit.

Also maybe Shokatsuryou Koumei from the Koihime†Musou series, Miu Amaha from Mashiroiro Symphony, Sayuri Kurata from Kanon (2006), and/or Uiharu Kazari from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, are ones I think are this type of character.

SeijiSensei 2012-07-19 06:34

How about Tsukamoto Yakumo in School Rumble? Does she qualify?

arachni42 2012-07-21 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 4262247)
How about Tsukamoto Yakumo in School Rumble? Does she qualify?

I second this one.

The only others I can think of that might qualify are Mikuru Katsuhara from Eden of the East and Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth (she is a main character, but more in the background than Hikaru, especially in the second season).

Seijaku Saiko 2012-07-22 07:18

Suzu Mukai in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, not sure about your standard of decent screen time with that huge cast...
Anri in Durarara!!

NoemiChan 2012-07-22 07:56

Furukawa Sanae -oh, she's a mom....