AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Secret of Cerulean Sand (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=229)

Colonel- 2003-11-04 23:57

Secret of Cerulean Sand

Yes, i know, this series is old. But i was recently introduced to this series, and finally finishing it yesterday. This stroy... moved me to tears! Moved a guy like me to tears at the very end! The stroy is so magnificent and the characters so incredible!

I'm wondering if anyone of you know where i could get the OST or the ending songs of this series, i'd appriciate it!

btw, it it just me or this new forum is still a little bit unstable?

Koshiba 2003-11-05 01:37

I must agree, Secret of Cerulean Sand was an amazing series. :D I really loved it. I cried at the ending also.. ^^'

DrWho2002 2003-11-05 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel-
Yes, i know, this series is old. But i was recently introduced to this series, and finally finishing it yesterday. This stroy... moved me to tears! Moved a guy like me to tears at the very end! The stroy is so magnificent and the characters so incredible!

I'm wondering if anyone of you know where i could get the OST or the ending songs of this series, i'd appriciate it!

btw, it it just me or this new forum is still a little bit unstable?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GZCA-5019

This is about the only thing you can get soundtrack wise to satisfy your needs for the songs in this TV show.

Lord Raiden 2003-11-05 11:14

Yeah, I loved the series too. Balled like a little baby at the end myself. Kinda wish it had ended differently. But look at the possibilities for a sequel!! :D

Not saying there would be one, but if they did do another one, you bet your bottom dollar I'd watch it cause this series was outstanding.

Koshiba 2003-11-05 18:06

Lord Raiden: It would be so awesome if there *was* a sequel. I'm kind of doubting that's going to happen though. ^_^; For now I just hope it get's picked up for R1 DVD..

Colonel- 2003-11-05 20:38

What book is the series based on?

curlyconnor 2004-05-28 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel-
What book is the series based on?

Jules Verne's City in the Sahara and Facing the Flag. These books are actually not part of the same series, but the anime draws plot elements from both of them. I'm about to finish Secret of the Cerulean Sand, and I must say it is one of the best series I have watched. Reminds me a lot of Future Boy Conan near the end. I've got 7 episodes left, and I can't wait to finish! This is a really incredible series!

Lord Raiden 2004-05-29 10:47

Yes, yes, yes. I recommend it to anyone. :D

Sonhex 2004-05-31 17:52

Unfortunately there's not many seeds/peers online at the mo so downloading the episodes will take a loooong time, in the meantime...

Would you guys say this is a Miyazaki 'inspired' series? From the looks of the website it reminds me of Laputa and Conan Future Boy (both of which I love).

I'm really looking forward to this series now...

Sonhex

exedore 2004-05-31 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex
Would you guys say this is a Miyazaki 'inspired' series? From the looks of the website it reminds me of Laputa and Conan Future Boy (both of which I love).

I don't know if I'd say it's Miyazaki inspired (I'm not a big Ghibli fan, someone else should comment), but I would say that this has the same "grand adventure" feel of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water (except that unlike Nadia, Jane is not an abusive bitch). I love this show, great fun, and something you can show to kids without a problem. Whoever licenses this should stick it on PBS during the kids' block instead of the fourteenth flipping episode of Clifford: The Big Red Dog per day...

pontupo 2004-06-09 14:18

Not too repeat what everyone has already said, but I loved this series too. It's sweet, well developed, interesting and is just all around enjoyable. Great series for the kids too. Patapata Hikousen no Bouken rocks and anyone looking for something not overly intense should give it a shot! :D I agree that it is similar in some respects to Future Boy Conan, but I'm not sure that it is all that Miyazaki influenced, at least not in terms of the style. It just doesn't have a Miyazaki feel to it, but the subject matter and characters I could see coming from Miyazaki. I don't know much about the creator though so someone with more expertise should throw in their two cents.