AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Air (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Air - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27098)

Ledgem 2005-12-30 10:58

Air - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Air here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This is a thread that I remembered, but was lost in the hacking incident. I found the thread on GoogleCache, "as retrieved on Aug 7, 2005 17:36:01 GMT." The cache won't last forever, so, since I currently also have a lot of free time, I'll take the liberty of copying each original post back into here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuyaSeth, 2005-07-29, 16:28
I've been looking around for the piano piece that occaisionally pops up during Air. Unfortunately, any information on music in Air that I can find is only the song Aozora.

If anyone has the episodes on their computer, it'd be the piece that plays on the first episode when Misuzu is running to give Yukito the juice, then falls. That's the only place I definitely remember it playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cetali, 2005-07-29, 16:47
That's Natsukage (or Natsu Kage, dunno). :) See the music threads for more. There are apparently at least three official versions, two instrumentals and with vocals by Lia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgem, 2005-07-29, 23:41
I did a quick search for you because I know I've found a link to AIR music before (I have 27 piano sheet music PDF's sitting on my hard drive, I just forgot what site they're from). If you get desperate, I did find this link from one of the music threads, and it has a few AIR tracks:
http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/music/anime/

If you really get desperate, private message me. I'll zip up the music I have (~5 MB in total) and put it online for you.

edit: I've received two private messages requesting the sheet music, and have already loaded the 27 tracks that I have onto my FTP. You can download them from here. (http://users.bestweb.net/~shyguy/lin...et%20Music.rar) Note that I have put all 27 into a rar, they are in .pdf format, the RAR is ~5 MB large, and there is no track 01. I don't believe I missed any files from the website I downloaded these from (I don't have the URL, unfortunately), but please do not message me that I forgot a file - that is everything I have. You're free to share that link with others, I am under no bandwidth limitations, but note that I will not keep that file online forever. I will remove it at the earliest in a week from today; there's a better chance that I will forget to remove it, and it won't be removed until a few months from now, when I'm cleaning out my FTP. If you're encountering this post a few months from when I made it and found the files useful, please message me and let me know that people are still getting the files so that I'll keep it up longer. I also encourage you to download it and share it yourself, if you can. It's beautiful music, and I'm happy that people are interested in playing it. Glad to have helped you all, and I hope that the song you're searching for is contained somewhere in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owl, 2005-07-31, 20:36
with vocals by Lia.

I definitely recommend tracking this down. It was a stunning song, but with Lia doing vocals it emits a whole new range of emotion.

You can find a sample on the Key Sounds Label page

If you need the original OST you can purchase it at himeyashop.com, or if you're broke find the torrent which is floating around somewhere and buy the OST later. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cetali, 2005-07-31, 21:02
I agree, the vocal version is fantastic, definitely worth tracking down. :) Have to admit I feel somewhat similar to that guy in the other thread, the two instrumentals and the vocal version sound like three totally different songs to me, if I didn't know them all to be Natsukage... :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by celcius, 2005-08-01, 18:13
There's also AIRness vocal ver. Natsukage, which sounds like the Natsukage that played in AIR ep.01. It's pretty good too, but I think Lia's version is still the best; definitely not a song to listen to while working since you'll prolly stop just listen to it *_*

Also, as s a bonus to getting Lia's Natsukage, you'll also get Nostalgia. It's also a pretty song. ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas, 2005-08-05, 07:39
I definitely recommend tracking this down. It was a stunning song, but with Lia doing vocals it emits a whole new range of emotion.

You can find a sample on the Key Sounds Label page

The natukage single can be ordered from www.animejungle.com under their "Game Music/I've" section. Oh, and I did a quick and rough (like in 10 minutes ^^;) translation of natukage just recently:
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/moin.cgi/natukage
Disclaimer: Likely to be inaccurate. Read at your own risk! <_< >_>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ombrenuit, 2005-08-05, 13:16
Well considering I am trying to possibly be a composer when I get into college (my dream is to write this kind of music). I'm loving the opportunity to play it and study it a little! Whenever I hear giniro, I actually have to hold back tears...no song has effected me like that before. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cetali, 2005-08-05, 14:24
Oh, and I did a quick and rough (like in 10 minutes ^^;) translation of natukage just recently

Thanks you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ombrenuit, 2005-08-05, 14:46
*edit* nevermind! I made a mistake with my accusation that there were typos, I minterperated my initial suspician.

kazedragon 2006-01-01 22:21

I remember a site from Geocity with lots of Air music in it .. the only problem is i forgtot the link .. now im looking for it again .. which is very annoying ... anyone find it please post it ^^ thanks

Draneor 2006-01-01 23:11

You wouldn't be thinking of Uno's Air music, would you? I think, but I'm not sure, that these are just fan remixs.

TougeSil80 2006-02-09 06:38

Anyone know who is the singer of this song?

Anyone know who's the singer for this song in this amv?

AIR amv

All the "I believe I can fly" that I found are not this version. Thanks.

Neaco 2006-02-09 23:33

Well from reading the comments on that page someone says it's called

"Proud of You" by Joey Yung

Lyrics
http://www.requestlyrics.com/read.php?1,354787,354787

Now that I've heard it I like it as well^^

TougeSil80 2006-02-10 01:02

Thanks. I found it.

Veritas 2006-02-12 19:10

All right. I still hate AIR and always will, but I've said that it's one glowing point was its music and that's something I'd defend until .... I don't know, but anyway, I liked the music a lot. So I tracked down the vocal version of Natsukage and... whoa. At first I was pretty disappointed, but a couple of minutes in, it actually started sounding like Natsukage, and geez, the last repetition of the chorus made me cry. Lia blew this one outta the water. She is a fucking angel.

andiyar 2006-02-13 01:38

@ kazedragon

You're not thinking of this site are you? Sheet music, yes?

@ Veritas

See if you can find a copy of gift - the album (track six, gift ~duo version~). Absolutely beautiful.

-Andiyar

nani 2006-02-13 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andiyar
See if you can find a copy of gift - the album (track six, gift ~duo version~). Absolutely beautiful.

Seconded.

Furthermore, might I suggest Lia's "Life is like a Melody" (ending theme from Clannad's sequel Tomoyo After) which, IMO, is also pretty nice.

andiyar 2006-02-14 21:05

@ nani

Thanks for that recommendation. I've managed to find Life is like a Melody and... very pretty indeed. I'll have to hunt down the soundtrack to Tomoyo After and have a listen. :)

-Andiyar

celcius 2006-02-17 00:00

Also, I think her (Lia) version of Last Regrets is also very nice.

Reives 2006-09-05 00:07

Greetings. I made a Semigoromo (a BGM often played during the summer arc and other parts too) midi, mostly for the purpose of the fan RPG I'm considering of creating. The midi is not finished yet, but the basic stuff are there. The piano version is more or less done with though, since it doesn't require instrumental additions and as such.

I'm posting both the piano version and instrumental version (both midis) here for now for those interested.

*If link leads to an ad, click 'Continue to Filefront' near the top.

PIANO MIDI:
http://files.filefront.com/Semigorom.../fileinfo.html

INSTR. MIDI:
http://files.filefront.com/Semigorom.../fileinfo.html

*The basics were taken from the sheet music for Semigoromo posted earlier in this thread, and minorly arranged + added a bit more fancy stuff by me. Still working on it, it is not fully finished at the moment.

Question 2007-01-13 01:13

AIR anime OST

Am i correct in that no OST for the anime version of AIR was released? I am looking for the OP/ED songs in particular.

Jeiku 2007-01-13 03:22

Well, no, sort of. The anime uses music from the game, which had a soundtrack released for that. The songs you are looking for are indeed on that album, along with their short and karaoke versions.

If you're referring to an OST that features anime-exclusive musics (I've no idea if there are any, though), then there probably isn't one. Or if it's the movie you are talking about, there is an OST for that as well.

andiyar 2007-01-13 09:44

And indeed, the OST is still available from Anime Jungle - I myself finally picked up a copy about eight weeks ago. As to anime-exclusive music, I don't think there actually was any apart from the lullaby song during the Kano arc. There might have been a couple of slightly rearranged pieces, but there definitely wasn't anything breakingly new - apart from the TV edits of Tori no Uta and Farewell Song, anyway. Which are inferior, regardless. ^^

And there is an OST for the movie too, which I have a copy of. I can't say I've listened to it more than a couple of times since I picked it up though - the end theme (If Dreams Came True by Kawai Eri) isn't too bad, but the rest I felt was mostly unmemorable, as opposed to the game/tv anime OST.

-Andiyar

SealedTears 2007-01-17 06:21

yah i got the sound tracks for the movie and the series :)

sakuravs 2007-03-11 21:12

In case you haven't seen them...these 2 clips of Tori no Uta & Natsukage played on piano are fantastic! I really love the improvisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGpyJ48jHuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF-EeipcRBM

nihaha 2007-03-28 11:02

i just can't stop crying everytime i listened to the ost...i just can't...

Kinny Riddle 2007-04-20 07:07

After playing through the game and anime for nearly 2 months, I am beginning to understand why people think the music and story in AIR is so much superior compared to Kanon, this is not to belittle Kanon's story in anyway.

Anyway, I got the AIR OST and one re-mix album, the Kanon/AIR piano arrangement "re-feel". I wonder if there are other AIR remix albums out there?

Minoto 2007-04-20 20:43

The only other official releases that I know of are the Key+Lia Natukage/nostalgia CD single, which has an interesting vocal version of that song, and the OTSU Club Music Compilation vol. 1, which includes reworked versions of seven songs from AIR.