AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 50 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=79540)

White Manju Bun 2009-03-22 22:44

Soul Eater - Episode 50 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 50.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kotobasuu 2009-03-23 04:37

Spoiler for episode:

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-03-23 12:33

Did Giriko reapper in this episode? I can't find it.

Mangaka-chan 2009-03-23 14:45

Pretty good episode, though one wonders how the hell are they gonna win this fight without resorting to some sort of last minute typical-shounen-anime-over-9000!-power-up.

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2009-03-23 15:52

Well, that kinda sucked. I guess just because we're at the end so we know there will be no more development.

solomon 2009-03-23 16:06

The die is cast, the players are in place, but exactly what path will they walk down....as if we all didn't know.

Meh, I had this episode almost totally pegged. Overly convienient Shounen good guy power logic ran rampant, although it's been particularly rampant for a while so it's not that big a deal. Wasn't bad but not that interesting either, just not much else to do.

Hopefully the last episode will have some real kickass fighting, cause really the show ran out of anything else:p

lmd_84 2009-03-23 17:11

Doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary given the manner of previous episodes.
Spoiler:

It's just no fun when the probable outcome can be predicted by fans like this. *sigh*

solomon 2009-03-23 19:34

At least the visuals were always sharp and the music had tons of style. Really that's all you could ask for.

Naturally the manga would be MUCH COOLER as an adaption, and it is slightly better written (emphasis on slightly).

But because of that, I can't really say that the show is that much worse than the comic. It's really just that the comics fights and what they set up are MUCH cooler

carcanclaw 2009-03-23 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 2293129)
At least the visuals were always sharp and the music had tons of style. Really that's all you could ask for.

Naturally the manga would be MUCH COOLER as an adaption, and it is slightly better written (emphasis on slightly).

But because of that, I can't really say that the show is that much worse than the comic. It's really just that the comics fights and what they set up are MUCH cooler

Plus the mangaka doesn't have a 51 chapter limit for his story.

If the anime has been feeling a bit rushed lately, that's because... well... it IS being rushed. It really makes you wonder why Bones does things in 51-episode chunks; FMA had the same issues as Soul Eater: we're down to the last episode and there are still too many loose ends to wrap things up effectively.

Oh well... lets hope that the Funimation dub does as well as FMA... maybe it'll persuade Bones to do another Soul Eater-related project down the line.

Spoiler for on topic:

Kotobasuu 2009-03-23 23:04

Mann you gotta feel sorry for Kidd

Spoiler for episode:

Mangaka-chan 2009-03-24 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotobasuu (Post 2293483)
Mann you gotta feel sorry for Kidd

Spoiler for episode:

You can't have everything in life. At least he can have Patty and Liz tell him all about it and he can fantasize about it. :heh:

lmd_84 2009-03-24 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 2293129)

Matter of opinion, naturally. For me the anime has spoilt quite a bit of what makes the original story entertaining for me, in character and plot.

@Carcenclaw - Not sure about the FMA comparison. FMA deliberately diverged early on and did draw their storylines together in my opinion, whereas Soul Eater didn't bother to set up the differences which are now left hanging one episode before the end. Why the kids are still alive in this situation, Arachne, Eibon, even the Sanzu Lines; they could have been established earlier and things would have hung together a whole lot better.

Haladflire65 2009-03-24 07:08

Spoiler:

Forbin 2009-03-24 13:01

I love that Sig Halad.
For 51 all we need is Maka's mom to provide a Deus Ex ending.

Deathkillz 2009-03-24 13:53

Spoiler:

libba 2009-03-24 21:05

Spoiler:

Reincarnated 2009-03-24 23:30

Now that I have watched this eps , the next episode preview seems more interesting than the episode itself.
Spoiler:

But this eps still has its humor. I appreciate that :D

Alchemist007 2009-03-25 01:51

Sweet, got to see 49 and 50 in the same sitting. Seems like a cliche ending though. Let me guess, Demon God hunting wavelength? Though the end of the intro where Soul holds Maka...I wonder about that.

Chase 2009-03-25 02:07

Yeah i agree Alchemist007, it seems that way. It was a great episode tho. I mean Kid and Black Star were awesome. Its been a great anime for what is, im going to miss this show thats for sure.

Alchemist007 2009-03-25 02:09

Yeah...I have to say though, I liked the first half more.