AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anime with wealthy/elite people setting? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109804)

HarimaHario 2012-01-21 08:36

Anime with wealthy/elite people setting?

I'd prefer if the majority of the characters are rich instead of just one.

Here are some examples of what I'm referring:

Ouran High School Host Club - love it
Special A - love it
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - love it (kind of qualify)
Princess Lover - like it
Hana Yori Dango - like it
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - like it
Hayate no Gotoku - hate it
Ladies vs Butlers - hate it
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - hate it

I put a little comment on each so you'll kind of have an idea about my taste

Any input would be appreciated.

sa547 2012-01-21 08:40

Maybe this one could be on your alley, as most of the characters are wealthy but not too much, only that some of them are "old money":
http://myanimelist.net/anime/158/Maria-sama_ga_Miteru

BTW, it's a drama.

Classified Info 2012-01-21 10:33

They are my noble masters Butler - Rich family (would be similar to LvsB so maybe skip it)
He is my master Maids - Rich boy (As above)
Code Geass rich boy driving some rebellion
Zero no Tsukaima Fantasy setting, all nobles with the protagonist being some random human commoner picked up from earth (our world, from now own, will be some other parallel planet) as the familiar of a female mage. The story plays around their relationship while they face bad guys. Very funny title, definitely prefer it over the previous titles)

HarimaHario 2012-01-21 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa547 (Post 3960096)
Maybe this one could be on your alley, as most of the characters are wealthy but not too much, only that some of them are "old money":
http://myanimelist.net/anime/158/Maria-sama_ga_Miteru

BTW, it's a drama.

Checking it out right now. Kind of reminds of Strawberry Panic!, which was so-so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classified Info (Post 3960258)
They are my noble masters Butler - Rich family (would be similar to LvsB so maybe skip it)
He is my master Maids - Rich boy (As above)
Code Geass rich boy driving some rebellion
Zero no Tsukaima Fantasy setting, all nobles with the protagonist being some random human commoner picked up from earth (our world, from now own, will be some other parallel planet) as the familiar of a female mage. The story plays around their relationship while they face bad guys. Very funny title, definitely prefer it over the previous titles)

They are my noble masters = Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (on my list)
He is my master - Will check out
Code Geass - One of my top 10 anime
Zero no Tsukaima - I was gonna list this, but I kind of lose interest on how predictable and repetitive it is. I still have no idea how I finished 3 seasons of this show tbh xD.

SeijiSensei 2012-01-21 13:35

The protagonist of Kurenai is poor, but the antagonist is the scion of a wealthy and powerful clan with a disturbing family secret. His seven-year-old daughter is placed in young Kurenai's care; not surprisingly she isn't happy with this arrangement, at least at first.

In Nijuu Mensou no Musume, the heroine is orphaned and living with her wealthy, but unloving aunt and uncle.

Most of Saiunkoku Monogatari takes place in an imperial setting. The heroine is plucky, but poor. After she is enlisted to become an imperial concubine we see much more opulence and power. Another imperial drama, Seirei no Moribito, stars a young prince. Some episodes take place at the palace, but most of the story is spent far away from there.

Some parts of Monster might also fit your request.

I can't think of many shows where wealthy or powerful people are the heroes/protagonists. Given that anime is a popular entertainment, it's a lot easier to connect with the audience if the main characters are poor or middle-class.

As an example, School Rumble has a rich-girl tsundere character who, though a supporting character, plays a major role. Even more startling, though, is the household of the female protagonist, Tsukamoto Tenma. She lives with her sister but no parents in a home the size of which, by Japanese standards, would probably cost millions of dollars. Yet they are portrayed as normal middle-class girls.

The current, but unfinished Hyouge Mono depicts the conflicts among warlords during Japan's Sengoku period. A couple of episodes take place in Oda Nobunaga's imperial palace which is a sight to behold. Being an historical drama, there are many powerful and wealthy men depicted in this show.

Darkbeat 2012-01-21 14:20

Hakushaku to Yōsei (Earl and Fairy) might work, it's a fantasy/romance set in Victorian England in which the male protag is er...an Earl.

kitten320 2012-01-21 15:09

Does royalty count as rich people?

Otherwise you can check Vampire Knight where all main vampires are from rich families.

jedinat 2012-01-21 15:17

Inu x Boku SS - new anime this season, I rather like it so far. Takes place in an apartment complex for wealthy monster people, lol.

HarimaHario 2012-01-21 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 3960527)
The protagonist of Kurenai is poor, but the antagonist is the scion of a wealthy and powerful clan with a disturbing family secret. His seven-year-old daughter is placed in young Kurenai's care; not surprisingly she isn't happy with this arrangement, at least at first.

In Nijuu Mensou no Musume, the heroine is orphaned and living with her wealthy, but unloving aunt and uncle.

Most of Saiunkoku Monogatari takes place in an imperial setting. The heroine is plucky, but poor. After she is enlisted to become an imperial concubine we see much more opulence and power. Another imperial drama, Seirei no Moribito, stars a young prince. Some episodes take place at the palace, but most of the story is spent far away from there.

Some parts of Monster might also fit your request.

I can't think of many shows where wealthy or powerful people are the heroes/protagonists. Given that anime is a popular entertainment, it's a lot easier to connect with the audience if the main characters are poor or middle-class.

As an example, School Rumble has a rich-girl tsundere character who, though a supporting character, plays a major role. Even more startling, though, is the household of the female protagonist, Tsukamoto Tenma. She lives with her sister but no parents in a home the size of which, by Japanese standards, would probably cost millions of dollars. Yet they are portrayed as normal middle-class girls.

The current, but unfinished Hyouge Mono depicts the conflicts among warlords during Japan's Sengoku period. A couple of episodes take place in Oda Nobunaga's imperial palace which is a sight to behold. Being an historical drama, there are many powerful and wealthy men depicted in this show.

Kurenai - read about this and was put off by some reviews. I'll try it eventually though.
Nijuu Mensou no Musume - Already on my to-watch list
Seirei no Moribito - Seen this but it's not what I'm looking for, topic-wise
Monster - Same as above
School Rumble - One of my top 10 anime, and Eri is one of my favorite characters :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbeat (Post 3960592)
Hakushaku to Yōsei (Earl and Fairy) might work, it's a fantasy/romance set in Victorian England in which the male protag is er...an Earl.

Thanks. It's already on my to-watch list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 3960654)
Does royalty count as rich people?

Otherwise you can check Vampire Knight where all main vampires are from rich families.

Depends on the anime I suppose. I wasn't too impressed with Vampire Knight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedinat (Post 3960662)
Inu x Boku SS - new anime this season, I rather like it so far. Takes place in an apartment complex for wealthy monster people, lol.

Haven't got around to watch any of 2012 anime, yet. Though I do have them all to try out. Thanks for the info.

Dawnstorm 2012-01-21 20:54

Ai Yori Aoshi - Romantic comedy (interesting take on arranged marriages) [There are two seasons; watch the second one only, if you end up a die hard fan]

Have you watched Kuroshitsuji (sp? -- Black Butler)? I haven't, but I'd suspect it's one of the more popular rich-setting shows.

HarimaHario 2012-01-21 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawnstorm (Post 3961076)
Ai Yori Aoshi - Romantic comedy (interesting take on arranged marriages) [There are two seasons; watch the second one only, if you end up a die hard fan]

Have you watched Kuroshitsuji (sp? -- Black Butler)? I haven't, but I'd suspect it's one of the more popular rich-setting shows.

Ai Yori Aoshi - Tried watching couple of episodes but couldn't get into it because it seems like a textbook harem to me

Kuroshitsuji - Enjoyed first season. Second season was crap imo (couldn't get past 2 episodes)

MisaoFan 2012-01-22 10:24

You can also check Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru! upcoming TV anime about a boy born in a rich family, but his father was deceased. The latter asks his son to find a female classmate in a elite highschool. Then, the protagonist thinks of his lost sister who was separated at birth, but she happens to be one of the students at elite highschool in which the protagonist attends. The story is like a crossover of Princess Lover! and Please Twins, but before watching the anime, check the manga version.

Classified Info 2012-01-22 10:26

It is stated in his first post that he's already watched it

MisaoFan 2012-01-22 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classified Info (Post 3962199)
It is stated in his first post that he's already watched it

Excuse me, I though he never mentionned it, but yeah he's already watched it. I will suggest him to watch Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru!, and the plot summary is mentionned in my first post.