AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Prism Ark (PC Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=44552)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-03-21 11:32

Prism Ark (PC Game)

Since the boss requested it when the Prism Ark anime thread started going off topic, I've decided to create a thread for the PC Game Prism Ark by Pajamasoft. So its an RPG game for the PC that is probably the biggest Japanese PC Game ever released to date. 3D Battles, Top Quality CG, Voice Acting for everyone and heavy duty cutscenes in game make it quite the ride.

WanderingKnight 2007-03-24 22:12

Yeah, this was fun until I had to format my PC and realized I had deleted the DVD image without even burning it >.<. And my roughly backupped Prism Ark folder doesn't want to run the goddamn game!

Luckily, I still have my saves, and if everything d/ls smoothly, I'll be moving on with episode 7 in the next few days.

BTW, the game could be better with some improved voice acting. The only one that stands out is Theresa, the rest of the seiyuus go from average to weak.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-03-25 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 875257)
Yeah, this was fun until I had to format my PC and realized I had deleted the DVD image without even burning it >.<. And my roughly backupped Prism Ark folder doesn't want to run the goddamn game!

Luckily, I still have my saves, and if everything d/ls smoothly, I'll be moving on with episode 7 in the next few days.

BTW, the game could be better with some improved voice acting. The only one that stands out is Theresa, the rest of the seiyuus go from average to weak.

Am I forced down Precia's route for my first play or can my choices alter it. Also what about after I beat the game once, then what. Does anyone know?

I'm thinking of chronicling my progress and exploits with AGTH which Shinova finally showed me how to work. So people for the love of god don't read the spoiler if you aren't curious about what happens. I've deliberately made a comedic slant to my synopsis here as well in case anybody is wondering.

Prologue:

Spoiler:

Chapter 1 The Making of A Knight: (I er, think)

Spoiler:

Cloudnine 2007-03-25 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 875257)

Σ(゚д゚; )???

The VA cast for Prism Ark is full of some of the most talented seiyuu's around. You seriously couldn't ask for a better fit casting for the characters.

Kagura - 生天目仁美 (Nabatame Hitomi)
Felia - 桃井はるこ (Momoi Haruko)
Precia - 榊原ゆい (Sakakibara Yui)
Fel - 水橋かおり (Mizuhashi Kaori)
Karin - 松井菜桜子 (Matsui Naoko)
Theresa - 浅川悠 (Asagawa Yuu)

Cloudnine 2007-03-25 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 875395)
Am I forced down Precia's route for my first play or can my choices alter it. Also what about after I beat the game once, then what. Does anyone know?

You have to play through Kagura, Fel and Precia first (in any order)
Then you are fixed to: Karin -> Theresa -> Litte -> Filia (true end)

WanderingKnight 2007-03-25 01:27

Quote:

The VA cast for Prism Ark is full of some of the most talented seiyuu's around. You seriously couldn't ask for a better fit casting for the characters.
Yeah, maybe for a game, but I'm really picky when it comes to voice acting. The only one that seemed good was Asakawa Yuu (she's the one with more anime appearances of the bunch). Mizuhashi Kaori showed some good points, too, but all in all her acting sounds too exaggerated most of times.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-03-25 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudnine (Post 875400)
You have to play through Kagura, Fel and Precia first (in any order)
Then you are fixed to: Karin -> Theresa -> Litte -> Filia (true end)

So its an option at the beginning of the game then on the new game screen after beating Precia? I'm not sure how or when the route splits.

Cloudnine 2007-03-25 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 875432)
So its an option at the beginning of the game then on the new game screen after beating Precia? I'm not sure how or when the route splits.

The route splits at chapter 8. After you play through Precia arc, you'll get a rough idea on how the scenario layout works on your second playthrough.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-08 02:37

Chapter 1 Part 2:

Spoiler:

WanderingKnight 2007-04-08 09:15

Well, I finally finished Priecia's arc.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Cloudnine 2007-04-08 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 894346)
Well, I finally finished Priecia's arc.

Spoiler for thoughts:

Precia's story is good, but a bit cookie cutter. Play through the other heriones (particularly Kagura and Fel) and you'll begin to see how each character past intertwine and add into the bigger picture.

I recommend starting from the beginning. There are specific prisms fixed certain choices you need to make in order to get Fel/Kagura, and some of the battles added hard routes you can attempt.

WanderingKnight 2007-04-08 20:26

Quote:

I recommend starting from the beginning. There are specific prisms fixed certain choices you need to make in order to get Fel/Kagura, and some of the battles added hard routes you can attempt.
Yeah, I loaded and tried to get Kagura, but she ditched me big time :heh:. Guess I'll be starting from the beginning.

Hemisphere 2007-04-09 06:52

Kagura is so hard to get for me. >_< Currently trying to get her route again, but I'm confused at to whether or not to play this, or Nanatsuiro Drops...or get Eien no Aselia and play it again. XD

After finishing Precia's route, though, what route would be good to follow it with? I liked her tsundere attitude, but her story was a bit lacking. Methinks I should go with Kagura and Fel next?

WanderingKnight 2007-04-09 17:12

Quote:

After finishing Precia's route, though, what route would be good to follow it with? I liked her tsundere attitude, but her story was a bit lacking. Methinks I should go with Kagura and Fel next?
I *think* you can't get any of the other routes if you don't finish those 3 girls' routes first.

Hemisphere 2007-04-11 06:57

I see, thanks! I'll get to working on that as soon as I can.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-05-06 02:00

It's the return of the thing that nobody ever read, my extremely bizarre take on Prism Ark

Chapter 1 Part 3:
Spoiler:

So who does Fil's voice anyway? Mizuhashi Kaori. Let's see three main characters from the Makai Saga of Strategy RPG's with polar opposite personalites, Len the crazy Succubus loli from Melty Blood, Norma Biatty from Tales of Legendia (There ya go). The last one has it making perfect sense right now. This Mizuhashi Kaori is quite good at the quirky character personalites so Fil is just another feather in that cap of hers. I also found a major exploit in that the game keeps your levels for all saves, so if you go back to an earlier battle you'll be like level 6 if you had gained that much already in a later save.

Newprimus 2007-05-09 03:32

The constant and non-resetting levels and experience is not an exploit; it's a feature of the game.

Quote:

Now, onto the experience.

Your character doesn't reset after each route or by going to an older save. Your character's stats and level persist no matter how much you play. Therefore you can get up to level 30-ish after finishing one route and when you play a second time you'll start at level 30-ish instead of one.

This is to promote replayability. You will find as you play that there are some bosses that you simply cannot defeat in your first playthrough; they just pwn you too easily and there's little you can do to stop them. (There are certain boss battles where winning is an OPTION rather than a requirement, so you won't get a game end)

However, once you play the game a second or third time around, you'll find that you can defeat these bosses you used to lose to before, now that your level is higher. Defeating these bosses gives you new prisms.

Additionally, in succeeding playthroughs, new battle routes open up, and these reward you with even more new prisms.

Basically throughout your entire Prism Ark experience, all the character routes and such, your character never resets, but continuously develops and acquires new prisms and such.

So no, the persistant experience is not a glitch.

InternHertz 2007-05-31 07:05

Does someone know why I can't seem to apply the 1.02b patch (and any other patch) ?
I extract the .exe's content, and run Update_PA102b.exe, then there's a text and nothing more.
It should be good but the version of the game remains 1.00

Kaioshin Sama 2007-06-01 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by InternHertz (Post 971085)
Does someone know why I can't seem to apply the 1.02b patch (and any other patch) ?
I extract the .exe's content, and run Update_PA102b.exe, then there's a text and nothing more.
It should be good but the version of the game remains 1.00

Did you put it in the same folder as the games exe? I think it needs to go in the games base folder. It should be C:\Program Files\Pajamas\p_ark by default.

InternHertz 2007-06-01 03:08

Yep, it's the first thing I did :)
After running the patch the first time, there were ~4 .dat files
created (something like battle0000.dat etc) but no changes were made to the game exe.

I can post an image for the text popping after running the patcher when I'm done with my studies (that is 2h30 from now). Maybe it can help.