AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 39 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59763)

Pellissier 2007-12-22 08:53

Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 39 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku, Episode 39.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

frustra 2007-12-22 21:43

Spoiler:

dodgethis_sg 2007-12-22 22:04

Oh Gawd Hina-yoko And Nagi-nia.

CJL13 2007-12-23 00:16

So now this show has done pretty much every show I watched this year except School Days, which given Nagi's attitude is highly possible.:heh:

Carnivorepanda 2007-12-23 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by frustra (Post 1309702)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for lol:

wontaek 2007-12-23 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJL13 (Post 1309864)
So now this show has done pretty much every show I watched this year except School Days, which given Nagi's attitude is highly possible.:heh:

Well, there are Katsura, and Sa******.

Malintex_Terek 2007-12-23 07:59

GURREN-LAGANN, SPIN ON!

Oh man, it's been so long since I've said that. :heh:

Any-hoo, it's great to see and honest-to-god GL parody in Hayate!! Such a pity Eclipse is under-handed right now, this seems to be an awesome episode we won't get to see for many weeks. :/

tripperazn 2007-12-23 13:03

There's also that fantastic Eva parody of 5th Angel's demise when 姫神/Princess God (lol) dodged a laser.

Probably the best thing out of the entire episode was the preview, which confirms a return to manga storyline. I think I remember Hayate attempting to take Nagi to the beach on bike in earlier volumes.

Shiroth 2007-12-23 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripperazn (Post 1310484)
I think I remember Hayate attempting to take Nagi to the beach on bike in earlier volumes.

Yeah, second volume.

Spoiler for Episode 39:

masama 2007-12-23 18:20

this episode is epic, haven't laughed this hard for a while :D

Ottocycle 2007-12-24 00:38

Guess the TTGL homages coincided with a change of animation team to one with much more dynamic movements.

Probably a nod to GL's ep 4? The homages were as close as they could get too.

Ranma 1/1 FTW.

Shiroth 2007-12-24 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1311321)
Guess the TTGL homages coincided with a change of animation team to one with much more dynamic movements.

Yeah, and i'm sure it's some guys from the Gainax team --- you can really tell with the character's battle movements.

manuloz 2007-12-24 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1311729)
Yeah, and i'm sure it's some guys from the Gainax team --- you can really tell with the character's battle movements.

Sure, there was Imaishi (director of GL), Amemiya, Kubota and Sadakata from Gainax and some more because of the animation director for this episode Satoshi Yamaguchi is one of Gainax young animators (actually there's a rumor that says he resigned after GL). But none the less everyone came to support him. There was also some pretty good freelance animator like Kenichi Kutsuna (who also worked on GL) that appeared and some others related to Gonzo since they produced this episode.

Shiroth 2007-12-24 12:23

Wow, even Imaishi! I was expecting members from the Gainax team, but not that many --- this is quite impressive. Thanks a lot for the information manuloz.

Ottocycle 2007-12-24 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1311729)

I am an anime noob. How come I didn't think of that?:heh:
And I was wondering how the heck did they do the exact same shading techniques too, you know, the one similar to just-out-of-the-ring-Gurren-Lagann type.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuloz (Post 1311761)
Sure, there was Imaishi (director of GL), Amemiya, Kubota and Sadakata from Gainax and some more because of the animation director for this episode Satoshi Yamaguchi is one of Gainax young animators (actually there's a rumor that says he resigned after GL). But none the less everyone came to support him. There was also some pretty good freelance animator like Kenichi Kutsuna (who also worked on GL) that appeared and some others related to Gonzo since they produced this episode.

Imaishi? :eek:

*Check credits* :eek::eek:
I wonder how SynergySP got Gainax's permission for that.

Shiroth 2007-12-24 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1312013)
I wonder how SynergySP got Gainax's permission for that.

A team of animators working on an episode isn't anything surprising, though this time around it makes a lot of sense, with it being a parody of the series they originally worked on.

Geass 2007-12-25 14:27

Spoiler for Episode 39:

tripperazn 2007-12-25 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geass (Post 1313155)
Spoiler for Episode 39:

Uh....no. It's an evangelion parody for the 5th Angel take down. Watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=J8j-Q9Dz7IU at 4:30.

Geass 2007-12-25 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripperazn (Post 1313176)
Uh....no. It's an evangelion parody for the 5th Angel take down. Watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=J8j-Q9Dz7IU at 4:30.

Spoiler for Episode 39:

tebahpla 2007-12-25 15:50

mind if i ask whos that dude with the mask? i havent caught up with the anime yet. but i already started on it.