AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115271)

Renegade334 2013-08-29 08:51

GKMP ep.21:

Spoiler for first half:
EDIT:

Spoiler for second half:

Ep.22 preview:
Spoiler:

Tchadnis 2013-08-29 11:31

it cute to see Asagi being a good onichan .. it happened faster then i excepted .. lol

Puu 2013-08-29 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 4810690)
I have had this suspicion for a while but...

Spoiler for simon and izuru speculation:

Kindve out there but the secrecy concerning Simon has felt odd to me.

Oh. That- you know, that would sort of explain why Simon and Theoria have something going on. But at the same time, I'm just... I wouldn't know how to feel if that came true! :twitch:

cyberdemon 2013-08-29 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puu (Post 4811170)
Oh. That- you know, that would sort of explain why Simon and Theoria have something going on. But at the same time, I'm just... I wouldn't know how to feel if that came true! :twitch:

i understand that feeling it is weird but it just seems to make a lot of sense to me. and i really do feel like it's setting up Izuru to make a heroic sacrifice to close the gate. Simon doesn't exactly seem the least bit worried about sending him into battle despite his health weakening him. It feels like Simon is going through this like a person who was watching a movie that they had already seen.

Puu 2013-08-29 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 4811175)
i understand that feeling it is weird but it just seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Though wait, the only thing that's sort of stopping that is the fact that Rin mentioned Izuru has
Spoiler for spoiler?:

But man. I can't wait for next week again ;_;

cyberdemon 2013-08-29 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puu (Post 4811179)
Though wait, the only thing that's sort of stopping that is the fact that Rin mentioned Izuru has
Spoiler for spoiler?:

But man. I can't wait for next week again ;_;

Spoiler for Izuru and Theoria:

Irenesharda 2013-08-29 12:46

So, we have now reached the final battle between the Wulgaru and the Earth. And unfortunately, this episode decided to raise death flags everywhere once again.

First we have the fact that Izuru is so sick that the doctor practically says that if he goes out there and fights, his body won't take it and he'll die. However, after a talk with Cmdr. Simon aka his Father, he is allowed to stay on the ship and be on standby.

This is fine for everyone else who won't have to worry about him while out on the field, especially Asagi, where Izuru is the first family he's ever had. Everyone has made extra precautions that Izuru won't have to go out there, from Simon ordering him to stay on standby, to Rin having Red 5 locked down.

Unfortunately, we know that Izuru is going to go out there eventually. And as we're in the last remaining episodes, I have a feeling that Izuru is not going to make it by the end of this, considering his terminal illness death flags, and his desire to be a hero and save his friends.

As for everyone else, they are all gung ho to go out there in this final fight, and we get some tender moment there where they all consider themselves family. We even get some nice moments between Asagi and Kei as well.

However, it seems that Simon, Teoria, and Daneel plan to go out into battle as well, and also seem to be the linchpin of the plan, in which they will power the laser to destroy the gate. However, the moment they said that, death flags were raised for all three, especially since, they are flying a large evacuated space station that can be easily used in an awesome, if a bit cliched, kamikaze attack if the laser proves to be not enough.

Well, we shall see what happens in the last few episodes, as this show could have a definite finale, or it could have a setup for a sequel. Both possibilities are there. Either, this whole thing is going to end in a spectacular last battle "a la Gundam" killed off the enemy and certain developed characters, but in the end, end in a victory, with a hard won peace for humanity.
Or it could have an end battle with only a few supporting characters bite the dust, but all main ones are alive, Jiart has some secret plan that he hatches at the very end that will lead on to the second season and Izuru while almost dying survives to fight against Jiart, who perhaps holds he responsible for the resulting death of his sister?

So there is a couple of routes this could go, and this show has three more episodes in which to decide.

I give this episode a 8/10.

Puu 2013-08-29 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenesharda (Post 4811208)
So, we have now reached the final battle between the Wulgaru and the Earth. And unfortunately, this episode decided to raise death flags everywhere once again.

Don't forget Asagi! His willingness to step up and protect Izuru might as well be a death flag. And ever since it was shown that he's able to pilot Red 5, I get a feeling that he might end up piloting it eventually in Izuru's place in a final face off with Jiart.

Like that one anime where it, obviously, didn't end well for the person who jumped on the mech for the sake of his friend. :upset:

cyberdemon 2013-08-29 12:56

I'm betting on Izuru pulling a heroic sacrifice to close the gate by sacrificing himself. Though it will hint afterwards to us that he is still alive.

Irenesharda 2013-08-29 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 4811175)
i understand that feeling it is weird but it just seems to make a lot of sense to me. and i really do feel like it's setting up Izuru to make a heroic sacrifice to close the gate. Simon doesn't exactly seem the least bit worried about sending him into battle despite his health weakening him. It feels like Simon is going through this like a person who was watching a movie that they had already seen.

I don't know, Simon has shown small scenes where he's been worried about the welfare of both his sons, especially in this episode.

Simon used to be strange to me too, but after the last few episodes, I'm beginning to feel as if I was thinking too much. He seems to be exactly as he was presented and now that they got his connection to Teoria, Izuru, and Asagi out of the way, he no longer seems so secretive.

He expressed actual concern on Izuru's behalf and thereby ordered him to first resign from the army altogether (which would have made him a civilian and therefore he had to evacuate with the others) and then however, after seeing his son's determination, allowed him to stay on board the ship, but not to go into combat. Then, Rin-Rin enforced that by ordering him on standby and having his mech locked down.

Simon was also genuinely surprised by Asagi's declaration of protecting his little brother, and he seemed glad in a subtle way.

It would be interesting if Simon and Izuru were the same person, but I think there would be clues towards that before now, and with only three episodes left to go, I think that such a revelation is unlikely.

cyberdemon 2013-08-29 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenesharda (Post 4811226)
It would be interesting if Simon and Izuru were the same person, but I think there would be clues towards that before now, and with only three episodes left to go, I think that such a revelation is unlikely.

Clues? someone just threw out the idea that Theoria is Izuru's mom (mostly as a support for Kei back then) without there really being any clues and then we get this confusing connection between them a dozen episodes later. lol. Plus with talks of a season 2 anything is possible.

Irenesharda 2013-08-29 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puu (Post 4811219)
Don't forget Asagi! His willingness to step up and protect Izuru might as well be a death flag. And ever since it was shown that he's able to pilot Red 5, I get a feeling that he might end up piloting it eventually in Izuru's place in a final face off with Jiart.

Like that one anime where it, obviously, didn't end well for the person who jumped on the mech for the sake of his friend. :upset:

Well, I don't know, I don't see Asagi as much. Especially since we've seen what a good combat leader he is, I think he will stay moreso in that role, and perhaps become the actual leader in the future. Of the team, the only ones I think have the most obvious death flags, are Ange, and of course, Izuru.

I can see Ange, in trying to protect either Izuru or Asagi, take the killing hit, but right before dying admit that is is also their brother/sister as well. There is something about Ange and the fact that he/she also has heath issues and also seems to have a connection to Izuru, especially in how he agreed with Asagi that he'd only be worrying about Izuru if they guy were to come fight out there with them.

And as for Izuru, well, that one's pretty obvious. He's had several death flags come up in the last few episodes.

Puu 2013-08-29 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenesharda (Post 4811226)

Rewatching it again, I just realized: Simon could also be Asagi in this theory. I mean, Asagi's features are certainly closer to Simon.... And it still satisfies the whole "have genes same to Izuru" part because he IS Simon... :uhoh:

Key Board 2013-08-29 13:18

Once again, Jiart, Izuru and Asagi prove to be the most interesting characters

I'm really disappointed with what they're doing with Kei and Suruga. (ie: nothing)

dmaxzero 2013-08-29 14:50

I donīt just hope for Izuru to do the final heroic deed. But I DO want him to do that, not for some hate reason, but because it fits his character and I want him to fulfill it in the most heroic, badass way.

Hope the show delivers that, at least for me.

Triple_R 2013-08-29 14:55

Another excellent setup episode.

I really like what they're doing with the new found brother relationship between Asagi and Izuru. It's admittedly strangely cute to see Asagi become so very protective of Izuru largely due to that reveal - Since before it, of course, they were just friends and comrades. Asagi's new approach to Izuru really does show how important genetic/familial bonds can be.

As for the death flags, I don't know. Certainly, it wouldn't be shocking if Izuru died. I do think that at least a couple more important protagonists are likely to bite the dust before its all said and done. But we're at a point now where all the bad vibes surrounding Izuru could be there simply for suspense. If Izuru pulls through in the end, overcoming death flags to do so would make it all the sweeter.

But I definitely do think Izuru will be fighting in Red 5 at least one more time. The feud between Izuru and Jiart demands a climatic fight, and that can't be achieved with Izuru on the sidelines. So unfortunately for Asagi, he will almost certainly fail in keeping Izuru out of the battle. If Izuru dies in combat, that will arguably be more tragic for Asagi than Izuru. While it could be emotionally poignant, I like Asagi enough that I hope that both he and Izuru survive this final battle.

I definitely think that Simon telling Izuru to resign from the military was a case of a father trying to protect his son. That scene alone makes it clear that Simon cares about Izuru as more than just a soldier serving under him.

I hope at some point Simon removes his visor and under it we see eyes like Asagi's and/or Izuru's.

Tyrone Biggums 2013-08-29 15:51

No. These setup episodes kill me.

Kyojin has killed the setup episode for me, I didn't used to mind them...now it's like Naruto filler. I want my mech battles, can't get it anywhere else right now.

Going to be some good eps comign up though.

DuelGundam2099 2013-08-29 17:07

Hopefully this will be the last talking based episode. Unfortunately, unless something really awesome happens in the last three eps, I can easily say that the Wulgaru are the must underdeveloped villains in anime history. Just.... GAH! I am also glad I don't know what constitutes as a death flag, that way I can ENJOY the episodes and seem surprised if there is death.:p

Key Board 2013-08-29 18:20

Wurgur are still better than the Engineers from Promotheus

novalysis 2013-08-29 19:22

This entire episode has been waving death flags as if it's the exterior of the UN HQ in New York.