AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dead Space 3 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112575)

LoweGear 2012-05-31 14:42

Dead Space 3

New images for Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3 allegedly features coop

http://i.imgur.com/dcKXM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zaEhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YEkWx.jpg

While I'm not very much keen on Dead Space having coop, if the alleged features about it are true then it'll be one of the few action-horror experiences I'll actually welcome. A story that changes whether you play coop or single, and having no revive system should make for an interesting coop experience.

Honestly can't wait to get back to killing Necromorphs and hallucinations again :D

blakstealth 2012-05-31 14:50

The guy in red looks hot.

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-05-31 15:00

Co-op? Co-op!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Kyral 2012-05-31 17:06

I'm happy about a new Dead Space (I only hope there won't be this embarrasing politic trouble here like with the last game >> )
I have nothing against coop but I hope the other guy don't sticks around in single player like in the new Resident Evil games.

LoweGear 2012-06-01 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyral (Post 4185900)
I have nothing against coop but I hope the other guy don't sticks around in single player like in the new Resident Evil games.

According to the report, the new guy apparently doesn't show up at all if one chooses to go at it alone. I think that either the new guy shows up only as an NPC at parts of the game, or he doesn't factor into the story at all if your going solo. Although I'm wondering how that works given that this is supposedly drop-in, drop out Coop.

Dragonkid11 2012-06-01 01:31

So,Isaac finally uses some some standard firearm?

No awesome mining tool anymore?

kiak666 2012-06-01 02:40

Here's a teaser for what I presume is Dead Space 3, featuring the new guy John Carver, an Earthgov soldier:

grylsyjaeger 2012-06-01 04:05

Should really get around to playing Dead Space 1 & 2....

Kyral 2012-06-01 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4186467)
According to the report, the new guy apparently doesn't show up at all if one chooses to go at it alone.

Mhm... Okay let's see how this works out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 (Post 4186496)

Now you made the Pulse Rifle cry. :heh:

NorthernFallout 2012-06-01 04:09

Wait, the previous games had other weapons than the Plasma Cutter?

LoweGear 2012-06-01 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 (Post 4186496)

The Pulse Rifle and Seeker Rifles are both dedicated EarthGov weapons and not mining tools, so it's not like Isaac hasn't used actual weapons before.

The weapon Isaac's pictured with here definitely looks like a dedicated weapon (looks to be a rifle with an underbarrel Force Gun), so it seems we'll be seeing more such weapons in DS3.

Although you'd think Isaac would've developed some dedicated anti-Necromorph weapons by now considering his run-ins.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-06-01 07:02

No such thing.

Necromorphs are anti anti.

Cold~as~Ice 2012-06-01 07:11

they better have more variety in their suits.

Paranoid Android 2012-06-01 07:28

I don't get what's so bad about having co-op? =/ I'm always sad when there's no co-op available at all.

I like the degraded armor original armor. I don't like the red one because it's a generic single panel in the helmet and not the iconic zigzaggy lines of the blue one. You see that helmet and you think deadspace. Co-op helmet should be exactly the same but diff color. Or a vertical zigzaggy one.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-06-01 08:01

I'm just glad they didn't go with that rumored FPS direction. That would have killed the franchise for me.

LoweGear 2012-06-01 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 4186797)

I like the degraded armor original armor. I don't like the red one because it's a generic single panel in the helmet and not the iconic zigzaggy lines of the blue one. You see that helmet and you think deadspace. Co-op helmet should be exactly the same but diff color. Or a vertical zigzaggy one.

The red one has to look distinct from Isaac's armor though since it's going to be player 2, aka your coop partner, hence why it looks like something from the Adeptus Astartes. :heh:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-06-01 09:12

The outfits look OK. The helmets are gorgeous as always. But I'm not into the whole jacket stuff. I understand it's a frozen planet. But I'm sure the other rigs that are for use in space can work just as well. Here's hoping for some extra outfits right?

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-06-01 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 4186797)
I don't get what's so bad about having co-op? =/ I'm always sad when there's no co-op available at all.

I personally enjoy playing with friends in video games, HOWEVER there are some exceptions where some games SHOULD NOT have a co-op CAMPAIGN. Resident Evil 5 should not have had Co-op because as fun as the game was(it certainly didn't suck) it diminished the quality of the game compared to Resident Evil 4 with the biggest offense being that it was extremely short.

F.E.A.R. 3 had the same problem but the bigger offense was it lost it's signature atmosphere due to being able to have a friend with you. Plus it was EXTREMELY shorter with only 6 or 8 stages....

However if it's one of those drop in and drop out kind of games where the game is usually single player with NO AI PARTNER and the game's story goes on like you're by yourself to begin with, then it's okay.

Dead Rising 2 did this and it worked wonderfully. However I'm just hoping that this won't kill the length for Dead Space 3. I'm fairly sure EA knows what they're doing because in Dead Space 2 they had multiplayer and I remember panicking then too but the addition of another disk kept the games campaign long so it was no problem.

DaRk HuNt3r F4n 2012-06-01 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 (Post 4185774)
Co-op? Co-op!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Its optional, yiu can play solo. Dont make a drama of it. It could be worse like RE 5...

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-06-01 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n (Post 4187642)
Its optional, yiu can play solo. Dont make a drama of it. It could be worse like RE 5...

RE 5's co-op was a choice and it was still lacking horribly, and the Ai partner was brain dead. THAT IS WHAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT WITH DEAD SPACE 3.