AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need an Autumn 2008 series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73288)

risingstar3110 2008-10-23 04:38

Need an Autumn 2008 series

Even when we already have two threads in "General Anime", it does not satisfy me.

So as mention above, i am looking for an Autum 2008 series which.....

- does not already have sub-forum in Animesuki
- other than Rosario+Vampire, Kannagi and Hyakko. I do not like the heavy tone of Ef S1, so will pass Ef-TtoM if it is simialr =]
- finally, also most important, it's a "must-watch-at-least-Ep 1" series (based on your opinion, of course). I want to narrow my search down to a few.

Edit1: Series i gave 10/10 in my AP scale list: SHny, Darker than Black, FF7-AC , Rurouni Kenshin OVA.
9/10 in my AP: FMA, Lucky Star, Macross F, 12 Kingdoms

In case someone looking for the same thing i am looking for, i recommend you look first at this list: http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08finalna6.jpg
...and i would personally recommend Kannagi. Best season series so far, except i read the manga so i am spoiled with the storyline =/

SeijiSensei 2008-10-23 07:56

You might like Kurozuka unless you have a problem with gore. It has a dark plot, strong Japanese cultural themes, romance and sexuality.

AceD 2008-10-23 10:22

chaos;head is fantastic, Ga-rei Zero also looks good & second Kurozuka to

i think there the best 3 so far this fall , watching Shikabane Hime & Toradora (sub-forum though) aswell if you wanna search them...

Shadow Kira01 2008-10-23 15:35

My current top 5 list for autumn 2008:

1) Yozakura Quartet
2) Tales of the Abyss
3) Ga-Rei: Zero
4) Kurogane no Linebarrels
5) Shikabane Hime: Aka

james0246 2008-10-23 16:01

Damn, most of the big titles have been taken, so, how about:

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae (sequel)
Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter (sequel) - considering the fact that SeijiSensei did not recommend this title, I could be confused by what the OP wants.

Michiko to Hatchin

(these are some of the shows I immediatly picked up for continued viewing pleasure).

-KarumA- 2008-10-23 16:11

Here is one that just started airing, now at episode 2 but episode 1 is really a nice one to watch

Mōryō no Hako

SeijiSensei 2008-10-23 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2008398)
Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter (sequel) - considering the fact that SeijiSensei did not recommend this title, I could be confused by what the OP wants.

I figure anyone who watched the first season of Nodame Cantabile is already watching Paris-Hen. I wouldn't suggest watching this season without having seen the first one, though.

I'm going to watch the second episode of Mouryou no Hako tonight. I enjoyed the first one, but I'm still on a wait-and-see basis until the real story unfolds.

Those two shows, plus Kurozuka, are the only ones I'm following this season. I browsed the opening episodes of a few other series, but none of them caught my interest.

I didn't watch the earlier Jigoku Shoujo series so I didn't want to jump into this one. I've heard good things about the earlier seasons, especially season two, so I might add them to my list since the fall pickings are rather slim.

I wasn't enthused about the opening episode of Michiko to Hatchin; mentioning that fact in the MtH thread got me negrepped. It's never a good thing to rile up those fanbois. Maybe I'll give it another try when a few more episodes have been released.

The Chaos 2008-10-23 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 2008526)
I figure anyone who watched the first season of Nodame Cantabile is already watching Paris-Hen. I wouldn't suggest watching this season without having seen the first one, though.

not anyone ...I Still haven't seen yet...Although I love the First Season :meh:

and You Watch Skip Beat! if you want Funny anime :D

Anime Daisuki 2008-10-24 10:08

I strongly second Ga-Rei Zero. Edge of my seat story telling and it actually keeps me waiting for the next episode.

Rahan 2008-10-24 10:52

Everything I could propose has already been named or is a sequel, so I'll pass, but I believe the purpose of this thread is to answer your question :)

risingstar3110 2008-10-28 00:53

I recommend another one for those who are looking for an Autumn Series(actually it was mentioned before):

Ga-rei:Zero
As long as you finish Ep 1, surely you would want to check the next ep. And by the time you finish ep 4, you will either hate it or love it.

risingstar3110 2008-11-01 13:00

The 3rd new series in Fall Season that i would like to recommend (to those who are searching for one) is:

Hyakko, a slice of life anime, and really fun to watch.

PS: Atm, I am following: Ga-rei:Zero, Kannagi, Toradora, Soul Eater, Hyakko. Any more suggestion would still be appreciated ^^