AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Character Discussion - Yui (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80398)

Pellissier 2009-04-10 14:39

K-On! - Character Discussion - Yui

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Yui related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=20442
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion), there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2009-04-10 18:06

Her stupidity worries me at times... But the anime version seems to exaggerate her idiocy... Poor girl. I need to keep that in mind though. Well, 2nd favorite, I guess? Though K-ON's characters aren't that great in the first place, so doesn't mean much, maybe... Probably the main one that feels like the "moe" element is too forced.

DJ_RockmanX 2009-04-10 18:08

ADD girl is...

...nice doggie...

Tyabann 2009-04-10 18:09

I agree with the people who have described her as a small, furry animal.

Chipmunks act like they have ADD, don't they...

vandakiara 2009-04-10 18:12

I found Yui really really annoying at the begining but I grew fond of her on the 2nd episode because she behaved more mature than I expected when
Spoiler for episode 2:

that made me like her much more <3 and she is like a furry animal - she's the club pet after all x)

Fishfood1 2009-04-10 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2333154)
Her stupidity worries me at times...

that is actually a reason i actually likes her :heh:

as long as she doesn't get mentally ret**ded

Littm 2009-04-10 18:16

She is rather cute and reminds sometimes Fuuko. Her personality is rather interesting. I think that we will see more interesting details and progression soon in her personality. Second episode was rather interesting in this plan.

KholdStare 2009-04-10 18:18

Yui is absolutely adorable and she is my favorite character so far. I used to be indifferent towards the four but her voice in the OP convinced me to put her above others.

OceanBlue 2009-04-10 19:22

Yui reminds me of a combination of Nagisa and Fuuko. She isn't annoying like Fuuko, but isn't as plain as Nagisa. She's really cute [Well, they all are, but...].

aldw 2009-04-10 20:06

Yui always gave me Tsukasa vibes, not that that's a bad thing of course...:heh:

animeffs13240 2009-04-10 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfood1 (Post 2333169)
that is actually a reason i actually likes her :heh:

as long as she doesn't get mentally ret**ded

i agree i like girls like that but it does get annoying at times, but seeing how much she loved the guitar made it worth it

Fandal 2009-04-10 20:28

The thing I like about Yui in the Manga
Spoiler:

Friday 2009-04-10 20:52

Yui....
at this stage I cannot rate her.....
my impression she is a Dreamer a bit timate but looks like she will grow strong as the series continue

Sai Feng 2009-04-10 23:12

Ah Yui, such an odd little creature

*rubs Yui's head*

therationalpi 2009-04-11 03:15

Yui is probably the character that interests me the most, at this point. She seems like a dimwit, but at the same time I think she's going to be more than that. My guess is that she'll turn out to be really smart, just scatter-brained. To put it in D&D terms, she has a high Intelligence but an abysmal Wisdom score.

Also, adorable. That's high charisma, right?

Asakami 2009-04-11 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldw (Post 2333404)
Yui always gave me Tsukasa vibes, not that that's a bad thing of course...:heh:

Agreed. If Yui dyes her hair into Tsukasa's color, put on that yellow hairband, and does the "BOON" gesture Tsukasa does in the Lucky Star OP, she is... well, Tsukasa in general :heh:

Deathscyther 2009-04-11 04:52

Yui = Tsukasa+Fuko

Anyways, I love her. She's my second favorite.:)

Avira 2009-04-11 05:44

She is just too cute^^
I don't think she's stupid, she just walks around with her head up in the clouds. But she'll come down sometime in the anime, I guess. Yui's might actually be very smart.

My favorite character so far^^

Grif 2009-04-11 07:08

Also my favourite ^^.

I actually think her absent mindedness and just plain stupidity works in her favour, she is just really likeable ^^.

Starlight 2009-04-11 16:43

Well she has been bumming around all her life...but what else can you do in kindergarden :heh:

She's so adorable though<3