AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   MKV & OGM subtitles font problem (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117788)

ikemen 2013-02-08 12:10

MKV & OGM subtitles font problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with haali media splitter.. somehow it doesn't load embedded (soft) subtitles fonts settings when playing some mkv files, here is the screenshot:

Spoiler for haali:

but the subtitles displayed correctly if I'm using lav splitter.
Spoiler for lav:

I 've also got a problem with OGM video too.. the subtitles fonts displayed too small (compared to window mode) when I set the player in fullscreen mode

Spoiler for ogm:

I'm using mpc home cinema + klite codec pack 6.40, my desktop resolution is 1920x1080. Any advice would be appreciated! :confused:

sneaker 2013-02-08 12:26

What are the MIME types of the fonts inside the mkv? Haali does not recognize all commonly used MIME types, which became a problem when mkvmerge (or rather the library it uses) started shuffling them around a bit.

I would recommend xy-vsfilter instead of the internal MPC-HC one.

ikemen 2013-02-08 12:42

@sneaker

From what I see (checking using mkvtoolnix) The MIME types are application/x-font-ttf & octet-stream..

allright, think I'll try xy-vsfilter..
thanks for the advice :)

sneaker 2013-02-08 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikemen (Post 4546584)
application/x-font-ttf

That MIME type is indeed not supported by Haali.

ikemen 2013-02-08 13:12

@sneaker

Just tried using xy-vsfilter (configured as the instructions says).. still got no changes.. got same output as haali splitter.. guess I'll stick with lav splitter for now :(

btw, do you have any advice for the ogm video? ..I've tried altered the font settings, but still got no changes.. :(

sneaker 2013-02-08 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikemen (Post 4546618)
Just tried using xy-vsfilter (configured as the instructions says).. still got no changes.. got same output as haali splitter.. guess I'll stick with lav splitter for now :(

btw, do you have any advice for the ogm video? ..I've tried altered the font settings, but still got no changes.. :(

Using xy-vsfilter was supposed to be a tip for the ogm problem, not the mkv one. If it does not work upload a sample. Or try remuxing to mkv.

ikemen 2013-02-08 20:05

Oh I see.. yes you're right.. the ogm video's displayed correctly now.. thanks a lot sneaker :)

guess the only option for matroska problem is using lav splitter then :/

Hiroi Sekai 2013-02-09 07:58

Sub groups tell people this all the time, and I agree: USE CCCP, NOT K-LITE.

CCCP uses something called DirectVOBSub which will basically deal with everything for you. It runs on its own and attaches itself in the external filters upon installation, easy stuff.

ikemen 2013-02-09 08:23

@papermario13689

thanks for the info.. I'll consider your suggestion :)

sneaker 2013-02-10 18:04

CCCP uses xy-vsfilter and Haali.

Hiroi Sekai 2013-02-11 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaker (Post 4549520)
CCCP uses xy-vsfilter and Haali.

To be exact, CCCP uses an outdated version of xy-vsfilter, and Haali is simply a media splitter program that does things like connect ordered chapter files and set priorities for languages. DirectVOBSub and the LAV files are what directly run subs, so they'd be the bigger focus.

Everyone should grab UTW's suggested xy-vsfilter, since it will greatly reduce juttering and flashing subs.

cyberbeing 2013-02-11 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by papermario13689 (Post 4550152)
To be exact, CCCP uses an outdated version of xy-vsfilter

This is incorrect.

CCCP 2012-12-30 uses the current version of xy-VSFilter (3.0.0.211).

Their beta releases contain a newer build xy-VSFilter 3.0.0.212 (unofficial) which fixes the minor bug Issue #131.

sneaker 2013-02-11 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by papermario13689 (Post 4550152)
Haali is simply a media splitter program that does things like connect ordered chapter files and set priorities for languages.

Yes, and it is directly relevant here because it does not recognize the fonts as fonts. So giving advice to use CCCP is wrong in this case because it is known to not work.