AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101613)

monir 2011-02-02 12:30

Madoka Magica - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Madoka Magica, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

BaKaBaKaOtaKu 2011-02-02 18:04

man, am so thrilled for next ep..XDD

either sayaka or kyoko might meet their end this ep...or not yet..let's just find out

NutShell 2011-02-02 19:51

still 16 hours to airing

oh and hi nice to meet you all ^__^

hope Shaft do new OP

Stormwhite 2011-02-02 20:01

It should be...interesting.

Otani-kun 2011-02-02 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu (Post 3468861)
either sayaka or kyoko might meet their end this ep...or not yet..let's just find out

Kyoko just got introduced, lol. :<

Looking forward to this episode.

aeriolewinters 2011-02-03 05:47

Quote:

Kyoko just got introduced, lol.
I bet she's gonna get Miguel'd or Heine'd

BaKaBaKaOtaKu 2011-02-03 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otani-kun (Post 3469153)
Kyoko just got introduced, lol. :<

yeah she is, i'm well aware of that. XD but who knows, she might end up like those two characters in ga-rei zero during its 1st ep.XDD

that said, sayaka's more likely to die next..how horrid? am so excited to see..XD

ronelm2000 2011-02-03 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu (Post 3469706)
yeah she is, i'm well aware of that. XD but who knows, she might end up like those two characters in ga-rei zero during its 1st ep.XDD

that said, sayaka's more likely to die next..how horrid? am so excited to see..XD

Really enthusiastic to let someone die aren't you? XD

I hope there's something cool to occur this ep.

Sanger Zonvolt 2011-02-03 10:55

Nobody will die this episode.

Sheba 2011-02-03 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt (Post 3469939)
Nobody will die this episode.

That's the speculation I agree with the most. It's more likely that we may be shown things that will make Sayaka regret her wish.

Hypernova 2011-02-03 12:34

Well, nobody died, Sayaka just got a royal beat down from Kyoko.

Also, unlimited blade works!!!

Kazu-kun 2011-02-03 12:55

This episode revealed some really interesting things. Already looking forward to the sub so I can get the finner details of the dialog.

Kaijo 2011-02-03 13:10

But... but... people were predicting Sayaka would die! This doesn't fit the narrative! :heh:

Mentar 2011-02-03 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaijo (Post 3470058)
But... but... people were predicting Sayaka would die! This doesn't fit the narrative! :heh:

Why do I have this strange inkling that this poke is directed at me? :P

This was my last prediction.

From what I've heard so far we're still fully on track. Though the progress might be a trace slower than expected.

Fishbait 2011-02-03 13:43

Very character/plot centered episode.

Red is more or less what we expected and Madoka continues to be Shinji-like

Kanon 2011-02-03 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaijo (Post 3470058)

I actually like the fact this episode went against most our expectations. There's nothing as boring as a predictable story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 3470065)
Why do I have this strange inkling that this poke is directed at me? :P

This was my last prediction.

From what I've heard so far we're still fully on track. Though the progress might be a trace slower than expected.

Not really. Your predicitons about this episode were dead wrong. But hey, you weren't the only one who got it wrong.

That congratulation scene for Kamijo felt so off. I half-expected him not being able to play anymore despite the fact his hand was healed, but nope, everything went fine. He even turned back to being a decent guy now that he's not suffering anymore.

What Kyubey said in this episode gives more credance to the time travel/multiple world theory in my opinion. Kyubey stated he doesn't know who Homura is. Kyouko says that if she's here, then she's got to be contracted to him, but Kyubey replies that he can't tell whether or not that's the case (if she made a contract with him in the future, then it would explain why he has no recollection of it). He has no clear idea where she got her magical powers. He describes her as an irregularity whose actions are impossible to predict even for him. She's the wild card of the story.

MartianMage 2011-02-03 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3470131)
I actually like the fact this episode went against most our expectations. There's nothing as boring as a predictable story.

Haven't watched the episode yet but yeah I agree on this one. I seriously want Madoka to go beyond everyone's expectations.

Kazu-kun 2011-02-03 14:32

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Mentar 2011-02-03 14:40

Quote:

Not really. Your predicitons about this episode were dead wrong. But hey, you weren't the only one who got it wrong.

Puzzles me a bit why you would say so. The story developed slower than expected, but after watching it (with my poor Japanese), I see no reason to alter the plotted path. I wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar
After talking about things with Key Board, I accept his arguments that killing Sayaka already would hurry things too much. And so, while I maintain that things are going to happen exactly as outlined, I herewith stretch the timeline some, compared to my earlier estimation.

In other words, Key Board was right. In this episode, the "positive" aspect of the contract was built up, and that required an extension of time. If you want to point out that I should have stretched the timeline even more, you'd be right - but "dead wrong" is dead wrong.

Quote:

So, I guess that next episode, Sayaka and Kyoko will have an initial clash (not necessarily a physical fight, but I expect Kyoko to bully her, and Sayaka will bite back),[...]

Exactly what happened. Kyoko stepped on Sayaka's toes, provoked her massively and gave her a smackdown. And just as expected, Sayaka didn't cower or retreat, but fought back. Almost cost her her life, had Homura not intervened.

Quote:

[...] and the climax in the second half is going to be that Kamijo doesn't love her back like Sayaka wishes for... and that Sayaka begins her slippery slope down. Then, in ep6 she's going to begin her descent... and once she does become a witch, Kyoko will take advantage of it, kill her and collect the grief seed.

Well, as I said, the story moved slower than I expected due to the extended first half, but at the moment - after watching 5 raw - I see no reason why I should alter this outline. I still think that in ep6, she will begin her descent. I still think that Kamijo will dump her, and all the rest. Maybe this will change with a sub, but at the moment - not so.

*shrug*

gecd 2011-02-03 14:44

glad sayaka is survived and death clock teory is wrong
and now we must wait one week to see if 1 girl died / 3 episodes theory is right or wrong ^_^

QB is become more and more creepy
I cant see him as cute mascot chara anymore