AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Alive -Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen- (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67641)

serenade_beta 2008-06-15 16:05

Alive -Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen-

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1656376)
Spoiler for space saving:

Plot from Wikipedia:
Quote:

A young student named Taisuke stands up for his friend, Hirose, who often seems to be picked on. Besides that, he lives a rather normal life with his childhood friend, Megumi, and his older sister who works as the nurse of the school. Both of his parents were killed in a car accident. But one day, a strange virus starts making people commit suicide during that week. Taisuke witnesses one of these suicides and very oddly is gifted suddenly with a strange ability. He soon finds out that Hirose has left school, and Megumi has been kidnapped. In order to find his friends, Taisuke sets out on a journey. But he encounters people like him, who have abilities, and the mystery of these people and the virus slowly starts to unfold....
The English title for this series is "Alive: The Final Evolution", it seems.

Spoiler for covers:

---

I've had interest in the manga for a while, but I haven't got to read any of it. But it does seem potentially interesting/fun, with superpowers and everything. Anyways, looking forward to this anime, and maybe the manga, if I can get it. :)

NeoSam 2008-06-15 16:37

I wonder if volume 15 of the manga (which will be out on June 17th) will have an obi strip with "anime-ka" written on it (that could possibly be how people found out that it's getting animated; some bookstores get the manga tankoubons before other bookstores, and oh you know...).

Anyway, we'll know soon... other than MoonPhase's anime list, I can't find any other source confirming the anime adaptation >_<

ZODDGUTS 2008-06-15 22:22

The manga is pretty good early on but then it goes to typical shonen fluff stuff which is dissapointing. But the last chapter I've read is ch. 13 so who knows if it got good again, I mean there are 15 volume right now. :heh:

yezhanquan 2008-06-15 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1656547)
I wonder if volume 15 of the manga (which will be out on June 17th) will have an obi strip with "anime-ka" written on it (that could possibly be how people found out that it's getting animated; some bookstores get the manga tankoubons before other bookstores, and oh you know...).

Anyway, we'll know soon... other than MoonPhase's anime list, I can't find any other source confirming the anime adaptation >_<

Yes, that's a very important piece of evidence.

Dingo 2008-06-16 00:10

Wow

Who would have thought, Alive, eh? Hopefully it's true, I'm a big fan.

Master Anime 2008-06-16 09:21

Wow dream come true for me
finally ALIVE become anime

BluWacky 2008-06-16 10:10

Confirmed, I guess.

Never read the manga, know next to nothing about it, but with good staff behind it this could be interesting.

Dingo 2008-06-16 10:46

Great news, thanks :) now I'm just crossing my fingers for good staff/studio/etc

orion 2008-06-16 12:03

A survival anime title. This looks nice. Hope it gets a good studio.

yezhanquan 2008-06-17 04:29

Now, awaiting the cast list.

NakedAngelX 2008-06-19 02:22

Well good news, loved this manga, been reading ever since the first release. It is true there was a huge drop in storyline after the "final battle".... But just believe in it!! Like Gantz :D

Dingo 2008-06-19 02:37

Ah, wow, like Gantz eh? I'm sure Kawashima would be thrilled to hear that.

NakedAngelX 2008-06-19 16:35

No, i meant to have hope in it like Gantz =P...
it's totally different from Gantz
Further more, claymore's action scenes are coming back into manga as well.. Going to be one great summer.

serenade_beta 2008-07-01 04:37

From Moonphase:

Animation Studio: GONZO×AIC
Director: Hiraike Yoshimasa

tigerwoods 2008-07-01 05:20

GONZO and AIC are doing this?! This just lowered my expectations.
What's sure is that they didn't do a good job with Special A (which I've almost dropped), I hope they'll do better with this but I'm not too confident, although Hiraike pulled off a good series with Sketchbook.

Jiyuu 2008-07-02 16:31

i don't think s.a's problem is the studios themselfs,
i think if anything its more of i director thing as the animation is ok and all that, so that means people are doing what they are supposed it's just not being made in a way that makes it interesting..

ZODDGUTS 2008-07-02 20:06

With how the animation looks for SA to me it shows that the anime may have been rushedb before SA both GonzoXAIC have done a good job with the anime they both collaborate on. Anyways good news is the director not being the same person that worked on SA and also here's already done an anime with both collaboration of GonzoXAIC called Solty Rei which I liked it was nothing special but it was still good to watch and the animation was pretty steady through out the series.

yezhanquan 2008-07-02 21:41

No cast list?

KickHopper 2008-07-02 22:55

Its going to be pretty interesting how they go with this. Maybe they will stop at the "final" battle.

ZODDGUTS 2008-07-03 00:01

I think they will that's a pretty good spot to end the season.