AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Character Discussion - Mio (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80401)

Pellissier 2009-04-10 14:43

K-On! - Character Discussion - Mio

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Mio related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=20439
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion), there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2009-04-10 18:04

Majority's favorite! Banzai~

Still... Does look like Yomi after all.

vandakiara 2009-04-10 18:08

Everyone's fav <3 I've surrended to the Mio madness too... But I really like all of them so it's kinda hard to say who's my favorite... I bet this is gonna be the biggest character thread though :p

Littm 2009-04-10 18:12

As expected. Absolutely like her. Character development was really interesting in second episode for me.

So much of fanart with her.

Falkor 2009-04-10 18:12

[o] favorite character
[o] favorite character design
[o] favorite voice
[o] favorite personality

Mio is the only one I care about... :3

I can easily see her popularity skyrocketing with more episodes.

Meatrose 2009-04-10 18:13

Aye, she's awesome (so far). Like I said in the episode 1 thread; this show could be just about her and I'd still watch it. ^^;

typhonsentra 2009-04-10 18:16

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume she'll be the most popular cast member.

Sheba 2009-04-10 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhonsentra (Post 2333178)

On pixiv, MOST of K-on pictures have Mio. It just tells a lot.

Starry Dust 2009-04-10 18:18

Me and her are alike.
Kudos to that.

>:3

Tyabann 2009-04-10 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhonsentra (Post 2333178)

Why and how does this happen?

It's like every fanbase has this tendency to latch on to particular characters for little to no reason. I remember a disproportionate amount of people expressing their love for Mio right from the start...

Flashbacks to Toradora...

ChocaPik 2009-04-10 18:22

I guess the ending help too.

serenade_beta 2009-04-10 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2333185)

There is no needed reason for love! *kira*

For me... She is the best of the group (as a character, I can't say she is great, but compared to the rest, she is at top), because compared to the rest, her character design, personality, and such are the best.

Tyabann 2009-04-10 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocaPik (Post 2333198)
I guess the ending help too.

For some reason, I get the feeling it's more that people like the ending because of Mio than people liking Mio because of the ending.

Just a hunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2333201)
For me... She is the best of the group (as a character, I can't say she is great, but compared to the rest, she is at top), because compared to the rest, her character design, personality, and such are the best.

's a matter of taste, I guess... but I just wonder why this particular type seems inevitably popular.

BetoJR 2009-04-10 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2333203)
For some reason, I get the feeling it's more that people like the ending because of Mio than people liking Mio because of the ending.

I, for one, like Mio the most because of the ending. That whole bit of animation just sold me completely on the show - and her. :eyebrow:

Bonta Kun 2009-04-10 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2333203)
's a matter of taste, I guess... but I just wonder why this particular type seems inevitably popular.

well if I had to guess alot of people are fond of long dark haired look:D

well thats more my personal taste but I'd have to say she has got the prettiest character design

Tyabann 2009-04-10 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoJR (Post 2333214)
I, for one, like Mio the most because of the ending. That whole bit of animation just sold me completely on the show - and her. :eyebrow:

Again, it's probably just a matter of taste, but I for one absolutely hate the ending...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2333215)
well if I had to guess alot of people are fond of long dark haired look:D

Probably that... I noticed the same phenomenon with Toradora.

Meatrose 2009-04-10 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2333185)

It's like every fanbase has this tendency to latch on to particular characters for little to no reason. I remember a disproportionate amount of people expressing their love for Mio right from the start...

Flashbacks to Toradora...

Well, I don't think that we'll end up judging these characters by their actions but by their traits and personalities, and since this is an adaptation of a lighthearted yonkoma manga I wouldn't expect any serious character development. I haven't checked out the source material though, so I can't know for sure. I'd like to think that it's somewhat safe to assume that the characters you like in the beginning of a show such as this will also be the ones you like at the end of the show. Mio seems to be the unrivaled favorite right now, and I'd be somewhat surprised if that changed later on. Not that I would like to bet any money on that though. :heh:

Hedd 2009-04-10 18:33

her appearance gave me the impression of Yomi for Ga-Rei Zero even though her personality is a complete opposite

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_485YA3c9vf...ei-zero-12.jpg

Tyabann 2009-04-10 18:36

Typical Yamato Nadeshiko appearance might explain it too. It's something that strikes a chord with men everywhere.

Nerroth 2009-04-10 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2333237)
Typical Yamato Nadeshiko appearance might explain it too. It's something that strikes a chord with men everywhere.

Now I'm wondering what, if any, was the equivalent of such a term for the non-Yamato peoples of Japan, such as the Ainu...

...but anyway.