AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Pandora Hearts (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61126)

Chaos2Frozen 2008-01-19 21:38

Pandora Hearts

This is my first time creating a thread...:heh:

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/413...6661159_fs.jpg

The title of this manga is "Pandora Hearts", it is a manga series that is currently running in the monthly issues of G-Fantasy, a division of Square-Enix. The story and art is done by Jun Mochizuki.

The main genre for the story is probably fantasy and supernatural, but there are healthy doses of comedy and suspense, a bit of action and even romance. The setting is that of 18/19th century Europe.

Synopsis:

Quote:

Fifteen year old Oz Bezarius is the heir to one of the duke houses, his life is one full of riches, peace, and happiness. However, that all changed at his coming-of-age ceremony. For unknown reasons, he was cast into the darkness prison known as the "Abyss", it is there where he meets a girl who calls herself Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit.

Why was he cast into Abyss? How does Alice factor into it all? And what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him...?

These are the question Oz has to figure out as he leaves his carefree life, and enters a frightening wonderland filled with psychotic rabbits, talking dolls, and a mysterious watch that may be the key to all the answers...

Currently, there are three volumes that have been released.

The series is licensed by Broccoli Books. There is also a drama CD that was released just recently...

Tormenk 2008-01-21 20:08

And I thought someone would post here before I do.:heh:

Well can't comment much since I haven't read the story yet but the premise does seem promising with Oz and Alice capturing my attention already.

*goes off to find the manga, if possible..*

Chaos2Frozen 2008-01-21 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 1354712)
And I thought someone would post here before I do.:heh:

I had time ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 1354712)
Well can't comment much since I haven't read the story yet but the premise does seem promising with Oz and Alice capturing my attention already.

*goes off to find the manga, if possible..*

Comic Connection, Bedok.

Oz is a great male lead character :nod: Alice is quite a Tsundere :D

Tormenk 2008-01-21 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1354724)
I had time ;)

Comic Connection, Bedok.

Oz is a great male lead character :nod: Alice is quite a Tsundere :D

Damn you for getting me to spend money on manga again. :p Though Hantsuki was definitely worth it. :nod:

Alice does have the face of someone being voiced by Tamura Yukari (no link?:heh:) but to be a tsundere? :eek: Strangely this is a great incentive for some reason. :love:

Estavali 2008-01-21 21:27

This looks good, hmm.

I wonder if the CCs in the west side have it as well. Does it have a Chinese name or such?

*goes for hunting*

Chaos2Frozen 2008-01-21 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 1354731)
Alice does have the face of someone being voiced by Tamura Yukari (no link?:heh:) but to be a tsundere? :eek: Strangely this is a great incentive for some reason. :love:

No link :heh: But I have audio confirmation from the Drama CD :)

Her Tsun side isn't exactly in the same tier as shana/louise of such though :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estavali (Post 1354825)
This looks good, hmm.

I wonder if the CCs in the west side have it as well. Does it have a Chinese name or such?

*goes for hunting*

No Chinese name :) It is just call "Pandora Hearts" :)

Don't bother looking in the Tong Li or Chuangyi section though, you won't find it there...

Estavali 2008-01-23 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1354846)
No Chinese name :) It is just call "Pandora Hearts" :)

Don't bother looking in the Tong Li or Chuangyi section though, you won't find it there...

Ah, thanks. This will save me a lot of time.

Chaos2Frozen 2008-02-13 09:19

So far, there have been 4 volumes already released, each with about 4 or 5 chaps.

There are an additional 3 chapters release for Issues of G-Fantasy. Those are raw, so I have no clue what's going on, except there's quite a bit of blood...

Here's an image of one of the releases...

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/416...0344542_fs.jpg

EDIT:

I've gotta say though, Oz is slowly becoming one of my ideal male lead characters :D

Tormenk 2008-02-22 08:53

Just got volumes 1 and 2. Must say from the covers alone I'm quite looking forward to it. :D

Chaos2Frozen 2008-02-28 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 1415376)
Just got volumes 1 and 2. Must say from the covers alone I'm quite looking forward to it. :D

I look forward to you looking forward to it :p I could use someone else who knows the language to help explain things to me :nod:

...Btw, the 3rd book is out :heh:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9...ra03001em4.jpg

Tormenk 2008-02-28 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1428349)
I look forward to you looking forward to it :p I could use someone else who knows the language to help explain things to me :nod:

...Btw, the 3rd book is out :heh:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9...ra03001em4.jpg

Well I'll help if I can, getting rusty after so long. Ask here and I'll try my best to answer. :nod:

Ehhh what?! :eek: Must have! :mad:

Btw, is Hantsuki vol 3 out yet..?

Fay 2008-03-31 06:49

As for now there are 4 volumes out and 5th one comming in the end of April + a cpouple of chapters in G-Fantasy out of volume 6 ^^ I'm really anticipating for theese first 4 to get delivered to me xD This story really got me with it's first volume X_X

Westlo 2008-03-31 07:12

I liked the look of Alice and than finding out she's a tsundere makes it even better :D I'm going to read the first 4 chapters today/tomorrow and come back with some impressions.

Chaos2Frozen 2008-03-31 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fay (Post 1500795)
As for now there are 4 volumes out and 5th one comming in the end of April + a cpouple of chapters in G-Fantasy out of volume 6 ^^ I'm really anticipating for theese first 4 to get delivered to me xD This story really got me with it's first volume X_X

Where I'm from, I've seen only up to book 3, And even then it still requires abit of effort to understand the whole thing :heh:

I have seen scans from Vol 4 & 5, but they're all raws, so I'm even MORE clueless :eyespin:

Btw I'm curious, have you heard the Drama CD yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1500817)
I liked the look of Alice and than finding out she's a tsundere makes it even better :D I'm going to read the first 4 chapters today/tomorrow and come back with some impressions.

She may be a Tsundere, but she also shows her cute/child-like side often :nod: As seen mostly in book 2...

Fay 2008-03-31 09:34

Well... i ordered raws from Amazon, coz i'll never find this manga where i live T__T
I've seen scans from all the 4 volumes + vol 5 and part of vol 6 from G-Fantasy.

Quote:

Btw I'm curious, have you heard the Drama CD yet?
Yep ^^ I listened to it like 6-7 times during my work time today xD Too bad i couldn't understand much -___-
Also waiting for drama CD to be shipped to me :P

Irenicus 2008-03-31 10:42

Shana, is that you? :p

Chaos2Frozen 2008-03-31 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fay (Post 1500963)
Well... i ordered raws from Amazon, coz i'll never find this manga where i live T__T

For me, I've only seen the chinese version...

Quote:

I've seen scans from all the 4 volumes + vol 5 and part of vol 6 from G-Fantasy.

Same, but I couldn't understand a thing :eyespin:

But I did like the Oz/Alice scene near the start of vol 6 ;)

Quote:

Yep ^^ I listened to it like 6-7 times during my work time today xD Too bad i couldn't understand much -___-
Also waiting for drama CD to be shipped to me :P

Well from what I could tell, most of it were scenes from the manga except one, that's when Oz had Alice and Sharon dress up in aprons to attempt to cook a meal for Raven who had fallen ill :heh:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4...2card02xi6.jpg

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 1501054)
Shana, is that you? :p

More like 'Dark' Nanoha actually :p

Tormenk 2008-03-31 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 1501063)

Same, but I couldn't understand a thing :eyespin:

But I did like the Oz/Alice scene near the start of vol 6 ;)

Geh. Temptation to search for raws rising. D;

Quote:

Well from what I could tell, most of it were scenes from the manga except one, that's when Oz had Alice and Sharon dress up in aprons to attempt to cook a meal for Raven who had fallen ill :heh:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4...2card02xi6.jpg
:love:

Source please. :D

Quote:

More like 'Dark' Nanoha actually :p
Now that you mention it, I can imagine Alice speaking with mature Rika's voice perfectly. :uhoh:

Chaos2Frozen 2008-03-31 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 1501079)
Geh. Temptation to search for raws rising. D;

Don't bother, the inability to understand makes it even more fustrating :heh:

But here's the gist of it ;)

Quote:

:love:

Source please. :D

What can I say :heh: Drama CD track 4?

Quote:

Now that you mention it, I can imagine Alice speaking with mature Rika's voice perfectly. :uhoh:

Oh, I forgot to mention before, Sharon is voiced by Yui HORIE in the drama CD :heh:

(In case you don't know, Sharon is the blond haired girl that Oz had a crush on in the first book :) )

Kyrie 2008-03-31 12:24

I really want to read this manga, but all I can find are RAW's. So now all I can do is look at the pretty pictures D: