AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Final Fantasy X-2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1583)

boneyjellyfish 2004-01-15 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy
Ouch... but still couldn't you get the mascot dressphere? Were you not able to get an episode complete because of that?

I just beat the last boss and he was pathetic. Seriously the easiest last FF boss ever. I think I got the normal ending not really sure.

Unfortunately, I ended up with Episode Concluded in one of the areas instead of Episode Complete. In order to get the Mascot Dressphere, you have to get Episode Complete everywhere.

On my first playthrough, I didn't really do much extra stuff and I found the last boss to be rather difficult. Keep in mind that I was around level 45 or so when I fought it (65% completion). Also, it is nowhere NEAR the easiest last boss. Final Fantasy X's last boss is the easiest last boss.

ChibiDusk 2004-01-15 20:09

Quote:

Also, it is nowhere NEAR the easiest last boss. Final Fantasy X's last boss is the easiest last boss.
heh, phoenix down, phoenix down, phoenix down!
*you win!*
lol

Tommy 2004-01-15 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Unfortunately, I ended up with Episode Concluded in one of the areas instead of Episode Complete. In order to get the Mascot Dressphere, you have to get Episode Complete everywhere.

On my first playthrough, I didn't really do much extra stuff and I found the last boss to be rather difficult. Keep in mind that I was around level 45 or so when I fought it (65% completion). Also, it is nowhere NEAR the easiest last boss. Final Fantasy X's last boss is the easiest last boss.

You might be right, maybe because I just beat Angra Mainyu before beating the last boss it seemed this way :heh: . But with everyone on level 65 I smoked him I didn't even need to pull out my big guns on him (machina maw + Vajra= 15,000 damage a turn.) but I did :D . Actually I only used it on two parts of Vegnagun and even that wasnt neccesary. The group I used was just,

Paine as a Darknight just attacking
Rikku as a berserker just attacking
and yuna as a white mage healing and casting protect, shell

thats all it took I beat the last boss like a regular enemy pretty much.

You should really get those Special Dresspheres mastered if you havent yet Boneyjellyfish, they deal some boku damage. I still can't believe I missed Paines special dressphere though, I can only imagine the attacks I will be able to deal once I get it and master it :heh: .

I got 63% completed.

boneyjellyfish 2004-01-15 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy
You should really get those Special Dresspheres mastered if you havent yet Boneyjellyfish, they deal some boku damage. I still can't believe I missed Paines special dressphere though, I can only imagine the attacks I will be able to deal once I get it and master it :heh: .

I got 63% completed.

"boku damage"? What the heck does THAT mean?

My special dresspheres are all around 40-50% completion. I really have no desire to master any of them. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, you know?

ChibiDusk 2004-01-15 20:45

I think Boku damage is meant to be big damage?
Quote:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, you know?
This is so true...

Tommy 2004-01-15 20:46

Its just a made up word :heh: . Lots of damage anyways but you are right it does corrupt. However I'm sure it will be needed on that 100 level dungeon. But then again since you beat Angra Mainyu without them maybe not.

boneyjellyfish 2004-01-15 20:50

Well, in Japanese, "boku" is a word that men use to refer to themselves.

Tommy 2004-01-15 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well, in Japanese, "boku" is a word that men use to refer to themselves.

Oh really, cool. I say it sometimes just because i like the way it sounds. I prounce it boo-koo I've never spelled the word before so I just put boku. Never knew it actually meant anything.

ChibiDusk 2004-01-26 20:20

Hm, I still haven't won the match against Shinra,
and I have tried around 18 times...anyone have, tips?

Dark Zero 2004-01-26 20:38

HA, u kidding? won him on my second try. Remember what I said, I hadn't started the game until recently, way after you. So I been at it no more then a week or so. I'm on chapter 5, almost done, 90% ^_^, my FIRST play thru, no Walk-thru or guides. I'm shooting for 100%, which I can tell I'm on my way there easily, oh I have an outline of what needs to be done for 100%, but thats all ;)

As for shinra. Use 2 coin combos, hope he doesnt use a ONE as his core. If you chain it thru, you should bag him around round 9+. Remember, use TWO COINS, one border coin ONLY! If all works out, you should beat him, try a 3 coin echo if you want, but theres no use. Hope that helps.

ChibiDusk 2004-01-26 20:42

Thanks, I'll try it later on.

Dark Zero 2004-01-26 20:45

It's annoying having to beat one dude to get to shinra RIGHT after, that annoyed me to no end. Like beating Shinra wasn't hard enough that we had to endure beating someone else before hand -_-.

Note if he DOES use the number ONE as his core, dont bother.....you want have enough rounds to win, unless he uses it at the beginning, ie rounds 1-2. I know 2 coin echoes are small, but they add up, play smart.

ChibiDusk 2004-02-12 19:25

Request to move the thread into the newly created Games Section -->

Cz 2004-02-12 21:18

Has anyone calibrated ALL the lightning towers? :p

I give up. :heh:

ChibiDusk 2004-02-12 21:33

I gave up after LONG ago,
it doesnt count towards your percent does it?
Just changed the prizes given at a later time in that area...
I believe.

Cz 2004-02-12 21:40

Yeah it does not count, but just wondering. I think one of the ops in the IRC channel calibrated all of them. I know I'm not getting 100% completion anyway, so it doesn't matter too much already. I'm still in Chapter 2 and Paine has mastered Warrior, Yuna Gunmage (except Blue Bullets) and Rikku is on the last Thief ability. Hmm, Paine is close to mastering White Mage and Rikku is almost done with Black Mage too. I am going to take a long time to finish this game...

boneyjellyfish 2004-02-12 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwl12
Has anyone calibrated ALL the lightning towers? :p

I give up. :heh:

I got all of them but 7. I just couldn't press those dang buttons fast enough!

Dark Zero 2004-02-12 23:34

You don't need to calibrate them all for the 100%. Calibrate 5, and attempt the other 5 (10th one is hidden) and talk to the guy, he gives you a garment grid, that is all. I should know, I beat the game with 100% ^_^

TangentZ 2004-02-13 00:04

I :bow: to those who mastered all 10 towers. I guess my reflexes are not what they used to be. :p

Babak 2004-02-13 01:49

Belive it or not; I'll have this game in 6 days! \o/
(Damn PAL!)

Can't wait! >_<