AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! (season 1) licensed by Bandai Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95062)

xris 2010-07-02 14:03

K-On! (season 1) licensed by Bandai Entertainment

The first season of K-On! has been licensed by Bandai Entertainment.

See the ANN report for more details.
Bandai Entertainment Adds K-On! TV Anime Series.

Please use this thread to discuss aspects of the license.

Kudryavka 2010-07-02 14:09

<snip- line removed by Mod (xris) as it is off-topic to the thread>

And this is awesome. I hope it comes out in time to be hand in hand with the English manga due out later this year.

hinakatbklyn 2010-07-02 14:22

If they were going to license the manga, I would think they would license the anime as well. This series I plan on picking up.

I though this company wasn't interested in picking up new releases if they were taking their time with their current releases.

Sammi415 2010-07-02 14:52

I wonder if they are going to dub the songs and if they do, how they will sound like.

bombyethan1000 2010-07-02 15:03

Don't dub the songs in English Bandai, don't you ruin my glorious moeblob music anime....
But then they probably will

Vexx 2010-07-02 15:25

You can always turn the dub off and listen to the original Japanese soundtrack with subtitles.

Roloko vi Britannia 2010-07-02 15:40

not really surprised that they were going to get it since they have the other two popular Kyoto Animation anime Haruhi and Lucky Star. I always wanted to check this series out maybe I'll look into buying it after I preview the first couple episodes.

Vexx 2010-07-02 16:38

The first two episodes can be a bit slow (setting up the situation). Pick a couple of random later episodes or even from the second season for a better feel -- it won't spoil much. Otherwise, its a bit like judging the Nanoha series on the first two episodes of the first season, not really representative.

shyezrylei 2010-07-02 17:13

This is epic happy news, plain and simple.

Afternoon Tea 2010-07-02 17:34

I dont if i should be happy or sad? is this good? lol and does this mean English Dubs?

Sparvid 2010-07-02 18:19

I usually find dubs irrelevant, but if they translate the songs, I'm curious enough to at least check them out.

What are the odds that it gets a Blu-ray release?

Vexx 2010-07-02 18:59

Aye... I might be inclined to go for my first Blu-ray if they offered it. As far as dubbing, I'm typically not a dub fan but it would be academically interesting if they took a whack at redubbing the songs in English.

Lack of a Japanese track would be an insta-fail but I doubt Bandai would do that.

CrowKenobi 2010-07-02 20:54

What dub studio you think they'll use? Bang-Zoom? :)

Master_Yoma 2010-07-02 21:27

About time this gets license now wait for season 2 get license two

hinakatbklyn 2010-07-02 21:37

I think Bang-Zoom will be the front runners:

(1) if Bandai decides to dub this series
and
(2) if Bang Zoom is still working on dubs by the time they release this series.

BlackKnightKanos 2010-07-02 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee (Post 3118148)
I dont if i should be happy or sad? is this good? lol and does this mean English Dubs?

It means no fandubs anymore, but it could also mean official dubs.

Afternoon Tea 2010-07-03 00:58

After the company's panel, Bandai Entertainment Marketing Director Robert Napton clarified with ANN that the release format of K-ON! — whether it will be Blu-ray Disc, DVD, or both — has not been decided yet. The panel announced a cast for Bandai Entertainment's K-ON! marketing videos, but Napton emphasized that no announcement has been made about an English dubbing cast, or whether there will be a dubbing. The cast for the K-ON! marketing videos is Cristina Vee as Mio, Karri Shirou as Yui, "Kix" as Tsumugi, and "Briana" as Ritsu."

The cast for the K-ON! marketing videos (Promos)

Cristina Vee as Mio
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO HEAR K-ON ENDING IN ENGLISH By Cristina Vee

Spoiler for Other by Cristina:

Karri Shirou as Yui

Kix as Tsumugi

Briana as Ritsu.

Kix and Briana??? No last names??? C’mon… This isn’t the 80s, and you aren’t Prince. No word on who will play Azusa yet that I’m aware of.

Kudryavka 2010-07-03 01:23

Hm, I'm not very fond of how Shirou tries to emulate the Japanese way the song was originally sung. Like, if the original song had heavily accented Engrish, Shirou tries to recreate that sound. It's not a very flattering sound to fluent English speakers' ears, methinks, at least not to mine.

Other than that, I'm very excited for the DVDs and manga. I've seen some sources claiming that Bandai has rights for both DVDs and Blurays for K-ON, though that could just be counting the chickens before the eggs hatch.

Animexcel 2010-07-03 02:30

This is awesome news. Just last night I was searching when K-On will get licensed. I've been reading that it would be unlikely and such. So I'm happy now :)

Emerald Emblem 2010-07-03 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 3118251)
Aye... I might be inclined to go for my first Blu-ray if they offered it.

These are my thoughts exactly on a Blu ray release.

I also quite like Christina Vee's singing voice, Karri Shirou is pretty nice too.