AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   (Movie) Snow White and the Huntsman (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108284)

Skane 2011-11-12 12:41

(Movie) Snow White and the Huntsman

~~~~ ~~~~

So... can I expect to see the seven Dwarves smashing faces with their warhammers? :heh:

Natch.

germanturkey 2011-11-12 13:01

I saw the preview for this, and i had no idea what to make of it. Charlize Theron, good. Chris Hemsworth, good. Kristen Stewart, /wrists. See the difference there?

james0246 2011-11-12 17:08

^LOL, Kristen Stewart doesn't even really do anything in the trailer (besides look befuddled :)). Still, Theron looked hot (and she seemed to dig the ridiculousness of the part), Hemsworth looked droolworthy, and some of the special effects and potential battles looked cool. It was a cookie-cutter/by-the-number trailer, but I didn't walk away uninterested.

Dhomochevsky 2011-11-12 17:12

I like how (at least judging from the trailer) they have a focus on the evil witch.
The evil characters are always more interesting. :)

subwaygyal 2011-11-26 14:22

now they just destroying children's novels

Graskell 2011-11-27 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by subwaygyal (Post 3874704)
now they just destroying children's novels

Snow White wasn't a novel. It was a orally transmitted folk tale collected by the brothers Grimm. Furthermore, like most fairy tales, the original versions weren't aimed primarily at children (except in a "scare 'em straight" sort of way) and tended to be quite dark with plenty of subtext that would fly over the heads of young folk.

That said, the trailer seems promising but the casting of Kristen Stewart in a major role does little to inspire confidence.

Tempester 2011-11-27 10:59

This has some fantastic visual concepts behind it. I especially like the look of the magic mirror. I like the apparent focus on the queen (she looks like she could be a good villain), and there's a possibility of the huntsman being Snow White's love interest, which I much prefer to see rather than some random prince out of nowhere.

But really, just from seeing the trailer, this looks like it is headed in the wrong direction. What's up with the big armies going to battle? What's up with the huge monsters? That stuff is unnecessary and inappropriate for the tale of Snow White. It just pointlessly cranks up the budget and stretches out the film longer than it should be. I don't want every other Hollywood fantasy film to be an epic war tale.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-27 14:15

My question is, why Hollywood suddenly go crazy over the fairy tail adaptations? Earlier we got Red Riding Hood then Beastly that comes from Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty by director Julia Leigh (good movie, btw) and another adaptation of Snow White (forgot the title) other than the one mentioned in this thread. Not to mention movies like Clash of the Titans and Immortals. Why the sudden fever?

Also, Kristen Stewart actually CAN act if she really try like what she has done in Adventureland. And no, I'm NOT twihards. If a guy like me became twihards, that would be the 8th wonder of the world.

Endless Soul 2011-11-28 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3876172)
My question is, why Hollywood suddenly go crazy over the fairy tail adaptations? Earlier we got Red Riding Hood then Beastly that comes from Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty by director Julia Leigh (good movie, btw) and another adaptation of Snow White (forgot the title) other than the one mentioned in this thread. Not to mention movies like Clash of the Titans and Immortals. Why the sudden fever?

Perhaps they're running out of TV shows to turn into movies.

Throne Invader 2011-11-28 02:32

Quote:

Also, Kristen Stewart actually CAN act if she really try like what she has done in Adventureland. And no, I'm NOT twihards. If a guy like me became twihards, that would be the 8th wonder of the world.

I don't think its that hard to imagine. Manly men can become Twilight fans.

In regards to the trailer, that's a whole lot of action for Snow White and the queen is so evil. She makes me wanna go out and lift weights. OMG,I'M SO MAD NOW!!!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-28 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throne Invader (Post 3876868)
I don't think its that hard to imagine. Manly men can become Twilight fans.

Yes, any man has the possibility to become twihards, but when you consider my personallity traits which is: not a Twilight fan at all, that became near impossible ;). I do said "a guy like me" in my previous post, not just any other guy, right?

And yeah. Hollywood definitely lacking in original ideas or they're just afraid of the possiblity of wasting money for original movies. In that case, why not properly adapt some fine comic books out there so that in 10 years or so, we can have a Justice League Unlimited or any other BIG cross-over movies like that? :) Some of those comic-book heroes don't need hundreds of millions of dollars to be made into movies. Just a decent story/plot and little memorable action will do the job. And please don't ruin more anime franchises.

Throne Invader 2011-11-28 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3876914)
Yes, any man has the possibility to become twihards, but when you consider my personallity traits which is: not a Twilight fan at all, that became near impossible ;). I do said "a guy like me" in my previous post, not just any other guy, right?

I bet you haven't even given Twilight a chance yet. You could stab someone in the eye with a ballpen if they insult Twilight and you'll be perfectly excused. I don't think its impossible either since you like Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh has Zombie Werewolf and Vampire Lord plus the numerous Earth-attributed female warrior cards who could all replace Bella.

I certainly do hope they plan for a Justice League movie. That would be so exciting but I might not watch it depending on the actors/actresses they'll star.

Samari 2011-11-28 04:44

This movie looks cool. I don't like the casting of Stewart as Snow White from a "looks" standpoint, but I do like Theron and Hemsworth as performers. I'll probably check it out.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-28 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throne Invader (Post 3876949)
I bet you haven't even given Twilight a chance yet. You could stab someone in the eye with a ballpen if they insult Twilight and you'll be perfectly excused. I don't think its impossible either since you like Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh has Zombie Werewolf and Vampire Lord plus the numerous Earth-attributed female warrior cards who could all replace Bella.

I talked like that because I actually gave the movies a chance coz saying you hate something without knowing it, is stupid. Yes, I've seen them. The first is okay for a low-budget teenage drama with mithycal spices (if not boring). The second one is atrocious. Watching it is a torture (for me). The third is the best of the bunch which is not saying so much, but this time, I can actually enjoy watching it. I haven't seen the newest yet.

So, why do I like Yu-Gi-Oh! but hate Twilight? Yes, both has cheesy & campy concept but in Yu-Gi-Oh!, the main characters do not brood, flirt and being melancholic most of the time and actually DO some action.

To be honest, I don't want to debate about Twilight vs Yu-Gi-Oh! in this thread since this is a thread for Snow White.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this Snow White adaptation.

Marcus H. 2011-11-28 08:14

Yep, it's quite evident.

Hollywood is running out of creative juice.

Hooves 2011-11-28 18:33

Hollywood running out of original ideas came to me quite some time ago. The moment I saw Beastly's preview. I knew at that moment they are just going to revamp many of the children stories to get more money without risking the money on anything original like Obelisk ze Tormentor said.

Alchemist007 2011-11-29 18:51

The acting from the first Twilight film was so atrocious, I had to assume Stewart and Pattinson were playing their own sort of joke because they didn't care for script.

deathcurse 2011-11-29 22:50

I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie, actually. I love fairy tales, I love people fighting in armour and killing each other, and I love evil queens with power...so if the movie is even remotely "decent" I think I'll enjoy it :heh::).

I'm also quite curious as to where they're tweaking the classic "Snow White" story to make this one. I wonder where they're going to subvert and where they're going to play the story straight.

Quote:

Also, Kristen Stewart actually CAN act if she really try like what she has done in Adventureland.

Agreed, I've seen her in Panic Room and Speak, and she's actually really good. Her acting in Twilight (and Robert Pattinson's acting too) was brilliant...for a comedy. Which is how I'm viewing the entire movie series :p.

Vexx 2011-11-30 00:14

It *looks* like they're dropping the royalty angle on Snow so she can flirt with the Huntsman... and that the Queen is sucking the lives out young women to stay beautiful - unclear why Snow wouldn't just be her next victim.

That's just reading cold off of the trailer.

HasuMasu 2011-11-30 00:54

Running out of ideas? Hey hey, the number of things we can come up with aren't infinite, despite what they would have you believe.