AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   HiME vs ZHiME (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26522)

aeriolewinters 2005-12-19 07:20

HiME vs ZHiME

Okay, this may sound wierd but what about we have HiME vs OtoME, for real. Who would win???

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-19 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
Okay, this may sound wierd but what about we have HiME vs OtoME, for real. Who would win???

Well, if a Hime kill the contractor of the Otome, the Otome dies.

However, if an Otome kill the MIP of a Hime, the Hime will just get really mad and hunt the Otome down to the ends of the Earth. So Hime wins.

As for a contractor-free Pillar...

Hard to tell, but I believe the Otomes are not as powerful as they could be due to artificial safeguards. Would Otome Shizuru have a chance against Hime-Shizuru? Probabily not. A Hime powers up depending on her state of mind, but an Otome is restricted by technology.

Yup, Hime wins... for now. We haven't seen the full-power of what an Otome can do yet, especially once they can stop worrying about politics... So we will see. It is not impossible for an Otome to summon a Child...

Diodati 2005-12-19 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen
Would Otome Shizuru have a chance against Hime-Shizuru? Probabily not. A Hime powers up depending on her state of mind, but an Otome is restricted by technology.

I see what you mean, but so far, Otome-Shizuru has been quite 'efficient' in her techniques - she's not 'snapped' or anything. We never saw HiME-Shizuru battle when she wasn't p*ssed.

If we take that image Nao/Arika had when they discussed Otome in war, Otome-Shizuru looked pretty immense that time - that may not be real, but equally, it could be. I think state of mind will be a factor in an Otome's strength as well later.

In terms of technology, then I'm sure it plays a part: I'm thinking that nano-machines may be manipulated to increase strength, I'm not sure why I think this - but Midori's usage of them left a side-effect in her veins (much like Youko said there were side-effects back in ep.3 I think it was) - if there wasn't these drawbacks and time limits then maybe people would pump themselves more with them. Perhaps..

Besserwisser 2005-12-19 22:32

hm....

Groundcrawling Otome or Spaceborn Ownage though Child that goes up to space? hmm....

kazekiri 2005-12-19 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Well, if a Hime kill the contractor of the Otome, the Otome dies.
However, if an Otome kill the MIP of a Hime, the Hime will just get really mad and hunt the Otome down to the ends of the Earth. So Hime wins.

If you bump off the MIP, the Hime loses her powers. Akane's mark visibly disappeared when Kazu greensparkled and if Nao still had her Element there's no way she could have been cornered in an alley like she was in 26. Both Hime and Otome have a little Achilles heel.
Quote:

Hard to tell, but I believe the Otomes are not as powerful as they could be due to artificial safeguards. Would Otome Shizuru have a chance against Hime-Shizuru? Probabily not.
I dunno, Otome-Shizuru's Element is pretty badass and she can fly. On the other hand, Hime-Shizuru has Kiyohime. It'd certainly be a fight worth watching. The biggest differences I can see so far are that a Hime has a Child while an Otome can fly. That's a pretty big point in their favor since only Mai could fly and only a few of the Childs could (not counting the Charge of the Hime Sentai).

Akuma-sama 2005-12-19 23:22

Well, we know for sure SOME HiMEs wouldn't stand a chance...
*glances at Yukino*
And some others would give any Otome a lot of trouble...
*glances at Alyssa*

And if it HAS to be the Otome vs her HiME equivalent, then they stand even less of a chance (HiME Yukino VS President Yukino (minus Haruka), eh... And Alyssa VS Otome!Alyssa... KFC anyone?).
And we can't forget Mikoto VS Mikoto...
"It's... heavy... can't... breathe... dying..."
"Mreow." ("<pwnt.>")

We can't really make comparizons yet, though, considering the only Otome with a HiME equivalent that can fight we've seen so far is Shizuru.
Otome Midori VS HiME Midori would be interesting, if only for the pre-fight speech. :heh:
"Evil doppleganger who fights against Justice, I, Sugiura Midori, HiME Red, will defeat you!"
"...is she... she's not me, right? And stop posing, you make me look---argh, just die for the humiliation! Gakutenou!"
"Gakutenou!"
Both Gakutenous: "Um... hi?"
:heh: would be wierd.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-20 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekiri
If you bump off the MIP, the Hime loses her powers. Akane's mark visibly disappeared when Kazu greensparkled and if Nao still had her Element there's no way she could have been cornered in an alley like she was in 26. Both Hime and Otome have a little Achilles heel.

Nope. Death of the MIP does NOT cause a Hime to lose her powers. Otherwise Mai would be powerless the second Tate went down. And Kazu only disappeared after Akane lost her Child.

Otomes have a two-way relationship with their Contractor, but Himes are only one-way. If a Hime lost the MIP via any means other than her having lost her Child or died herself, then she would merely have her second most important person moving up the list as a replacement.

A Hime can only lose her powers if she either
A: died via any means, which would still kill the MIP, even including suicide.
B: Have her child killed in battle, which kills her MIP, takes away her powers, but keeps her alive.
C: Lost her love for her MIP, no longer believe in herself, in despair and therefore can't use her powers. Himes use the powers of love, and nothing more or less.

So so far, Hime still wins. I don't see how a non-Pillar Meister could stand a chance if her contractor is vulnerable to attack...

Preston 2005-12-20 03:26

I also agree, that with what we know at the moment, the HiME would totally own the Otome. Throw the Aswalds into the mix, I mean, Midori boasted some pretty immense powers, and I have a feeling that was just some mass produced GEM and not their real super-powered stuff.

MakotoFatora 2005-12-20 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekiri
The biggest differences I can see so far are that a Hime has a Child while an Otome can fly. That's a pretty big point in their favor since only Mai could fly and only a few of the Childs could (not counting the Charge of the Hime Sentai).

Yeah but flying is kind of overrated when a HiME or their child could just go after your non-flying contractor and bump them off :heh: Of course if they did that, the Otome would flop out of the sky and splat on the ground, too.

Then the Otome could always carry the contractor while flying? That would be a pain on maneuverability, and would handicap them to one arm (or less, seeing as most otome with the exception of Haruka and Shizuru are pretty petite...so their contractor would likely be their size or larger).

Either way, I can't see flying as being an ability that would make up for the other problems an otome has compared to a HiME...it would be a hiME's night out if there was a match between the two. :)

y063banana71 2005-12-20 18:16

uh...

But come on! A child is like a slightly better version of a slave, and Shizuru could wipe out that slave in the first episode easily. She cut open an aircraft! And sure theres the MIP/contract aspect.. but you kill a child and a hime is screwed, you kill the master and the otome is screwed so that kind of evens out. I would say Otomes are better :)

kris

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-20 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by y063banana71
But come on! A child is like a slightly better version of a slave, and Shizuru could wipe out that slave in the first episode easily. She cut open an aircraft! And sure theres the MIP/contract aspect.. but you kill a child and a hime is screwed, you kill the master and the otome is screwed so that kind of evens out. I would say Otomes are better :)

kris

But both a Child and a Hime can defend themselves.

But a Contractor has to be present in a battle (unless the Otome is a Pillar?), and they are completely defenseless.

babuji 2005-12-29 06:42

In my opinion, if we put aside the contractor, when engage in a close combat the otomes will win cuz generally they were trained in combat oppose to hime. I agree to a point that the otomes might rely on the technology to fight but that is part of thier equipment. So still the himes are lack in training and technology to actually win a major fight againts the otomes.