AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail Anime Episode Discussion Thread [Episode 165 and Onward] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83205)

Ansalem 2009-10-05 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechR (Post 2685913)
The next paragraph says this:

Which presumably means it'll still be viewable free (later, at lower res) if you aren't a member. We'll see.

The press release was pretty explicit in its meaning: Fairy Tail will be members-only, unlike their other shows which have a week delay.

"Due to other licensing restrictions, FAIRY TAIL is specially presented to Anime Members ONLY, and available worldwide (excluding Japan)."

MechR 2009-10-05 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansalem (Post 2685961)
The press release was pretty explicit in its meaning: Fairy Tail will be members-only, unlike their other shows which have a week delay.

"Due to other licensing restrictions, FAIRY TAIL is specially presented to Anime Members ONLY, and available worldwide (excluding Japan)."

Oh.

Doh! :frustrated:

Conan-san 2009-10-06 07:46

Well sod that nonsense. I'm not paying that subscription fee to get half the shows it promises.

Joe_fh 2009-10-07 17:19

I still think there'll be groups out there fansubing it. It's not like it's the first anime that has been licensed. Or at least let's hope that's the case

TrueElements 2009-10-08 15:00

Hope it dost turn out to be some 26 ep thing

AnymX 2009-10-11 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueElements (Post 2691875)
Hope it dost turn out to be some 26 ep thing

Hope it doesn't because after that we would be screaming for second + more seasons. :heh:

Anyways like usual me I always fail at gathering information... because promo movie was already posted on official website a couple of days now. http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/f...ovie/movie.asx

And this...
Spoiler for Episode titles from Newtype:

O... and now that I have watched the promo I think Aya Hirano is perfect fit for Lucy's character. Natsus voice will take some time to get used to, but thank god it not some voice like Luffy's.

konart 2009-10-12 04:19

Still no 1st EP?

ChibiGoku 2009-10-12 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by konart (Post 2700017)
Still no 1st EP?

It'll be airing in about 8 minutes from the time of this post, so obviously no episode yet.

mageormike 2009-10-12 05:59

not too bad for a first episode, though the action could have been animated a bit better I think.

I enjoyed what I've read of the manga though so far, so I'll wait and see how they handle things once the story moves forward a bit more.

Good overall though, add this show to my list of watches this season :D

ChibiGoku 2009-10-12 06:09

Just finished watching it (although I caught it in the middle of the opening, so I may have missed something).

Honestly, I may need to give this episode another watch, however what I saw, I think holds potential. Since this is my first exposure to the series, I'm pretty much going into it with an open mind.

Poor Lucy, though. getting lured into a trap and then finding out the "Salamander" was nothing but a fake, with Natsu being the real one. Although, what surprised me was the "summonings"... They seriously have a mind of their own.

However, I was a bit underwelmed by the animation. I was actually expecting better animation overall during the action scenes, yet... it didn't quite delivour. Kind of a let down for the first episode.

Music was well appreciated and I enjoyed it, particularly what I did manage to see of the intro sequence. Ending was pretty hyper active but I enjoyed it.

Also, Lucy narrating the preview... That was for a good laugh. (She couldn't decide on the best way to introduce herself.)

Westlo 2009-10-12 06:23

Fairy Tail got off to a slow start imo, most of these types of manga generally have a slow start when you think about it, I was more wondering if they were going to do what Bones did with Soul Eater and make the first fight an animation highlight. How's the OP anyway?

ChibiGoku 2009-10-12 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 2700175)
How's the OP anyway?

I honestly don't remember much, although I thought the song was alright. All I remember from the intro, visual wise to be honest, was Plue.

Though I must ask, why is the little bugger there? Didn't he get enough screen time on Rave? :heh:

Kafriel 2009-10-12 07:13

^ No, because Plue is the #1 pet in the animeverse and Rave was canned/cut really really short. Hopefully FT will be running for a few years, to say the least :)
Anyone know if there have been attempts at subbing the first episode by any groups, popular or new?

mazinken 2009-10-12 07:21

The animation is pretty mediocre it effects the fight scenes. I hope I see some improvement otherwise I am sticking with the manga.

konart 2009-10-12 07:23

They did really good job, speaking about animation and music, imo

Shiroth 2009-10-12 07:29

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 01:

Great start. Can't wait for the next episode.

SuperKnuckles 2009-10-12 08:15

This season is like... the season of rom/com. Heavy, heavy emphasis on the comedies though. Can't complain. :heh:

Joe_fh 2009-10-12 08:35

So many great animes this season. And I wouldn't say rom/com couse of DtB XD
Nice to see FT finally starting though...to bad it got licensed and I can't watch it from here >.>

kaosmos 2009-10-12 09:45

Hmmm i wasn't sure about Hirano Aya voicing lucy but i guess i can live with it...
Nothing to say about happy and natsu,they're both perfect imo.

Big :kisskiss: for the music,don't know why but i can't help but think about atelier iris and the like when i hear it. :heh:

The music in the op was good but i didn't liked the song very much..on the other hand i didn't liked the ED at all :heh:

Animation wise...better not say anything,but at least it look like those series that goes on for 100+ episode like bleach and one piece.
(if it's really 26 or even 52 episode i'm gonna rips the studio to shred though.. :heh: )

In the ends i'm glad fairy tail is getting it's anime adaptation but a little sad cause i'm also reading the manga,gonna be hard to wait for some of my fav scene to be animated.. :rolleyes:

musume_no_hoshi 2009-10-12 09:53

Hirano Aya finally has another role where she isn't annoying (to me) ~ Still, makes me wonder why a long running shounen hiring Hirano Aya. KugiRie is generally in every darn show.

The animation was a little medicore. I do remember Shugo Chara first episode had better animation and it's made 2 years ago. This time it's Satelite and A-1 Pictures, from what I seen, they can animate pretty well.