AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail Anime Episode Discussion Thread [Episode 165 and Onward] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83205)

Haohmaru 2009-06-27 15:11

I'm sure there are other VA's that can be loud and playsome. Besides Tanaka doing 2 big shows.. I don't see it happening. Isn't she like 70+ already?

Edit: seems like she's almost 55

Darklord_bg 2009-06-27 15:14

Don't most VA work on several shows at once? I don't know how old she is, I was just taking her voice into account. I'm sure there will be other suitable voices, I just can't think of any right now.

Same_Shark 2009-06-27 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklord_bg (Post 2476063)
Don't most VA work on several shows at once? I don't know how old she is, I was just taking her voice into account. I'm sure there will be other suitable voices, I just can't think of any right now.

There are many! Chika Sakamoto, Mayumi Yamaguchi, even Mamiko Noto and Yui Sakakibara could pull it off.

Von Himmel 2009-06-28 03:10

I'm hoping that they won't end it like Rave ;_;

game2007 2009-06-28 04:32

Rave's sudden ending always struck me as strange. I mean, it follows the manga faithfully, but then it came to an abrupt ending after the first visit to Symphonia and fighting the Oracien Seis for no reason...

Shiroth 2009-06-28 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by game2007 (Post 2477095)
Rave's sudden ending always struck me as strange. I mean, it follows the manga faithfully, but then it came to an abrupt ending after the first visit to Symphonia and fighting the Oracien Seis for no reason...

For no reason? I just thought there wasn't any more manga material to animated. There's plenty more since that time though.

Or you have to keep in mind that only a set amount of episodes was announced, so they decided to end it with anime original material.

Magin 2009-06-28 17:10

I hear that with Rave, the budget for the anime simply ran out (something similar happened with Inuyasha)... I don't remember the exact details, but I don't think it had to do with the manga not being out

paladinenvec 2009-06-28 20:12

The only reasons i'll see this will be Lucy and Erza (or its Elza?)xDD.

Lostdreams 2009-06-28 21:51

Woot!!!... It feels weird that this manga is turning into an anime.

Darklord_bg 2009-06-29 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinenvec (Post 2478554)
The only reasons i'll see this will be Lucy and Erza (or its Elza?)xDD.

LOL, the ONLY reasons?

It's a shounen anime, you know? It's about courage and friendship, intense battles, engaging story, etc. If you want to watch pretty girls there are plenty of other shows.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, but I find it funny that people care ONLY about pretty girls even in shounen shows.

Shiroth 2009-06-29 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklord_bg (Post 2479276)
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, but I find it funny that people care ONLY about pretty girls even in shounen shows.

For all you know, paladinenvec may not only like them just because they are good looking. He may even class them as his favorite characters, and that having nothing to do with them being female.

Darklord_bg 2009-06-29 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2479278)
For all you know, paladinenvec may not only like them just because they are good looking. He may even class them as his favorite characters, and that having nothing to do with them being female.

Fair enough, but it's probably not the case. If he likes them for their qualities, then the male characters posses those qualities as well, so I doubt it has nothing to do with their looks.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I sounded offensive, it's just that reading such comments makes me think they're superficial.

Leo_Otaku 2009-06-29 22:08

OMG I'm so happy ^-^ I was a huge fan of RAVE from back in the day I was hoping for an anime version of this

Quote:

Nope I only care about the hot guys :D j/k...partly true...>.> The art and animation quailty take into it as well

Magin 2009-06-29 23:46

Well, Erza, in addition to being a looker, is rather powerful as well... I can't say any more, as you'll have to read he manga to find out what else is appealing about Erza

as for me, I'll be looking forward to what I look forward to in the manga: tons of idiocy by half the cast, and then tons of asskiciking when the chac=racters decide to Get Serious (or basically what you find in shounen shows... though I must admit, I like it when the guys are doing the asskicking more)

Darklord_bg 2009-06-30 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 2481227)
Well, Erza, in addition to being a looker, is rather powerful as well... I can't say any more, as you'll have to read he manga to find out what else is appealing about Erza

as for me, I'll be looking forward to what I look forward to in the manga: tons of idiocy by half the cast, and then tons of asskiciking when the chac=racters decide to Get Serious (or basically what you find in shounen shows... though I must admit, I like it when the guys are doing the asskicking more)

Yeah, that's pretty much my reason as well - good old-fashioned ass-kicking with an emotional charge.

paladinenvec 2009-06-30 04:01

Quote:

LOL, the ONLY reasons?

It's a shounen anime, you know? It's about courage and friendship, intense battles, engaging story, etc. If you want to watch pretty girls there are plenty of other shows.

Hey hey don't get me wrong , actually Erza it's a cool character =P their battles are pretty interesting , obviously Natsu will get the boss but she's strong and can take care of herself not to mention that his development has been interesting.
I don't like most of the male principal characters simply because at this point of the manga they seem to be pretty plain, obviously i got some laughs when Gray and Natsu are together, but i'm always waiting to see more Erza than Natsu or Gray =P,
Spoiler:

Kafriel 2009-06-30 04:09

Pop a post when a trailer comes out, which would be in...about how long?

Shiroth 2009-06-30 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 2481640)
Pop a post when a trailer comes out, which would be in...about how long?

Well it's set to air in the fall season, so i say by next month or so.

KK1412 2009-06-30 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnymX (Post 2475297)
It seems no one wants too make a thread for this awesome Anime. Well in that case I will do it instead. :D

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/174...5638235.th.jpg

Genre: Shounen, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures and Satelight
Expected Release Date: Fall 2009?

Synopsis for the manga: A young sorceress, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer. He offers her membership into the guild, which she accepts, and they become a team performing various missions for the Fairy Tail guild.

Really excited about this and to boosts things up it's done by A-1 Pictures and Satelight. Which came like a surprise. I never expected them to do this kind of adaptation.

Will edit the post when better scan or new information appears.

Noooooo FFFFF******** way is this real?!?!??!?!

omg.....for sooo sooo long I've been waiting for this

SemperMalum 2009-06-30 06:49

YES!

I was waiting for this!

Fairy Tail the anime! One of my favorite manga is finally getting an adaptation. I'm just estatic.