AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104736)

duckroll 2011-06-08 05:24

UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES)

http://i.imgur.com/a7ZXD.gif

http://www.un-go.com/

It has been heavily rumored for the last month that BONES, Seiji Mizushima, and Shou Aikawa have been working on a noitaminA show for the Fall season this year. The rumor was that it is a period era style mystery series transplanted into a futuristic setting. The rumor also said that the material would be inspired/based on the detective short story collection Ango Torimonochou, by the late Ango Sakaguchi.

Today the placeholder site for UN-GO went online, with the thumbnail logo embedded in the source code, along with the following:

<meta name="keywords" content="UN-GO,UNGO,アンゴ,アニメ,ノイタミナ,noitamina,公式,OFFICIAL">
<meta name="description" content="2011年10月ノイタミナ枠アニメ「UN-GO」公式サイト。">
<meta name="copyright" content="(C)「UN-GO」製作委員会">

It confirms that the second Fall 2011 noitaminA show is called UN-GO, and it is pronounced Ango. This fits well enough with the rest of the rumor, so I think we can be pretty certain that the general details are accurate. There should be more info very shortly, so I doubt we'll have to wait too long.

Further updated confirmed staff list:

Original Concept - Ango Sakaguchi "Meiji Kaika Ango Torimonocho"
Director - Seiji Mizushima
Story/Script - Shou Aikawa
Original Character Designs - pako, Yun Kouga
Animation Character Design/Supervising Animation Directors - Kazumi Inadome, Yuko Yazaki, Hiroko Yaguchi
Art Design - Takashi Miyamoto, Takeshi Waki
Production Design - Takashi Miyamoto, Junya Ishigaki, Takayuki Yanase
Art Director - Takeshi Waki
Color Setting - Shihoko Nakayama
Director of Photography - Kota Sasaki
Sound Director - Masafumi Mima
Music: Narasaki
Animation Production - BONES
Production: UN-GO Production Committee

MisaoFan 2011-06-08 05:50

According to Moonphase, it will be produced by Production I.G.

shels 2011-06-08 06:13

It seems that Production I.G. and Bones are in charge of the noitamina slot for the rest of the year, busy year they're having with so many shows and movies announced...

ID555 2011-06-08 06:28

No one's going to comment on the name?

duckroll 2011-06-08 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 3643878)
According to Moonphase, it will be produced by Production I.G.

That's an error.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-06-08 06:57

For a second, I thought the title was Un-Co :heh:

AleX_MytH 2011-06-08 07:26

"RahXephon" scriptwriter? I'm in.

Arabesque 2011-06-08 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3643855)
It has been heavily rumored for the last month that BONES, Seiji Mizushima, and Shou Aikawa have been working on a noitaminA show for the Fall season this year. The rumor was that it is a period era style mystery series transplanted into a futuristic setting. The rumor also said that the material would be inspired/based on the detective short story collection Ango Torimonochou, by the late Ango Sakaguchi.

The FMA duo are back it seems.

Interesting. the idea behind this reminds me a whole lot of things like Romeo x Juliet and Gankutsuou, but I'm not sure about another fantasy noitaminA anime in the same season. Still, with Bones+Mizushima/Aikawa, this might prove to be great.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ID555 (Post 3643900)
No one's going to comment on the name?

Clearly, BONES have been taking notes from Nintendo in making stupid looking/sounding names.

I guess this is like the opposite of Go? Sitting? Or Chess, maybe?

duckroll 2011-06-08 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 3643949)
I guess this is like the opposite of Go? Sitting? Or Chess, maybe?

No, it's clearly a play on Ango's name. The original source material is Ango's detective stories set in the Meiji era of Japan. The book is called Ango Detective Stories. If the rumor is true that BONES is taking a reimaginative spin on this set in the future like what Gankutsuou did with Monte Cristo, then UN-GO would be their way of spelling Ango while also saying that it's not like that at all.

Yes, it looks and sounds dumb, but Japanese naming when it comes to using non-Japanese titles has always been hit or miss. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleX_MytH (Post 3643946)
"RahXephon" scriptwriter? I'm in.

Aikawa only wrote a single episode of RahXephon. He didn't really have much to do with the series. He is better known as the lead writer for the first FMA series and the movie, as well as Oh Edo Rocket, Gad Guard, and Ayakashi Ayashi.

AleX_MytH 2011-06-08 08:11

Quote:

Aikawa only wrote a single episode of RahXephon. He didn't really have much to do with the series. He is better known as the lead writer for the first FMA series and the movie, as well as Oh Edo Rocket, Gad Guard, and Ayakashi Ayashi.
Thanks for the info, I sholdnt't believe MAL :)
I didn't like FMA script (especially second half of the TV), but Edo Rocket was good. Anyway, let's wait for the more detailed info about this series. It's too early to draw any conclusions about story.

Arabesque 2011-06-08 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3643963)
No, it's clearly a play on Ango's name. The original source material is Ango's detective stories set in the Meiji era of Japan. The book is called Ango Detective Stories. If the rumor is true that BONES is taking a reimaginative spin on this set in the future like what Gankutsuou did with Monte Cristo, then UN-GO would be their way of spelling Ango while also saying that it's not like that at all.

Thanks I can understand that now. I still think its not exactly sound logic, but eh its anime after all.
Quote:

Yes, it looks and sounds dumb, but Japanese naming when it comes to using non-Japanese titles has always been hit or miss. :)

More miss than hit :P
Quote:

Thankfully, the best of these two had been Oh Edo Rocket and FMA, and since he worked with Mizushima on those, we can safely say this is likely not going to be horrible lol

duckroll 2011-06-08 08:41

Oh Edo Rocket was really, really good. So I'm definitely hoping we see something like that out of Mizushima, rather than Gundam 00. -_-

Haohmaru 2011-06-08 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3644005)
Oh Edo Rocket was really, really good. So I'm definitely hoping we see something like that out of Mizushima, rather than Gundam 00. -_-

I agree with this. Oh Edo Rocket is my favorite Mizushima anime together with FMA.

Arabesque 2011-06-08 08:58

Doing something in the same quality as it would be pretty great, I agree.

Now Gundam ... I don't know, I mean I personally love and adore 00, but I agree that it was very flawed as a whole. It was still filled with a lot of great ideas, but at times it really fell flat when trying to execute them sometimes. It was more so apparent with his movies than his TV work IMO, even with the FMA movie.

I still think he is a good action director at least, and can make some really good shows, and since the two had worked together on some great stuff, it's likely that this will at least will be enjoyable to watch.

The most worrying thing at this point is how long this will be (11 episodes?) since that a common problem with many noitaminA shows.

duckroll 2011-06-08 10:15

The teaser site is now active: http://www.un-go.com/

Looks like they're doing random teasing similar to Penguin Drum. Everytime you reload, it displays one of six possible backgrounds, none of which tell us anything. Lol.

MisaoFan 2011-06-08 12:20

When I visit to the official website, there's a error and they only says "un-go.com" and
"www.un-go.com" full of white background maybe because it wasn't available outside Japan.

duckroll 2011-06-08 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 3644233)
When I visit to the official website, there's a error and they only says "un-go.com" and
"www.un-go.com" full of white background maybe because it wasn't available outside Japan.

Clear your browser cache and refresh. In other news, Moon Phase seems to have corrected their listing for this show. :)

MisaoFan 2011-06-08 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3644288)
Clear your browser cache and refresh. In other news, Moon Phase seems to have corrected their listing for this show. :)

Oh thanks !

Suzuku 2011-07-03 18:04

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...w-fall-tv-show

Seems like UN-GO.

Arabesque 2011-07-03 18:12

Quote:

he is under a gag order to say nothing more
Ah, The infamous BONES gag order. Worked wonders with keeping FMA:Brohood and DtB 2!