AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Green Day (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59747)

Scala Caeli 2007-12-21 20:10

Green Day

Their new album is coming out the beginning of 2008. Can't wait to hear what they've come up with this time around. ^^

Ichihara 2007-12-22 11:53

Can't wait either. Hope they come up with the same great songs, and hopefully even better ones? I'll admit that I'm still a little addicted to Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday.

Scala Caeli 2007-12-22 12:51

You should listen to their earlier albums too. The lyrics suck but the music is simple and insanely catchy. :)

Ichihara 2007-12-22 13:00

I'll get to it soon. Any tracks you would recommend from the older albums? xD
The only one that I've heard is " Haha you're dead". Both the tune and the lyrics for that song is insane..

Scala Caeli 2007-12-22 13:12

You should really try and download every single song they ever made. You don't know what you're missing. I recommend Scattered, Castaway, Desensitized, Welcome to Paradise, Paper Lanterns, and 16.

Ichihara 2007-12-22 13:21

I've tried. Couldn't find much (blame my horrible "finding" skills). My parent absolutely refused to let limewire anywhere near the computer, so I've no means of getting it. Meh.
I haven't heard of those though. Hopefully I'll be able find the album for these..

Scala Caeli 2007-12-22 13:56

Hmmm.

http://projectplaylist.com

Try searching there. That's where I found most of the old songs. ^^ It's not illegal, by the way.

Daughter! 2007-12-22 22:38

I don't really know much about the mainstream Green Day. But the older 'Dookie' era stuff? Hell yeah.

Scala Caeli 2007-12-22 23:02

Yeah, Dookie is amazing. ^^ So is Shenanigans, that's an album you just can't afford to miss.

Ichihara 2007-12-23 03:32

It's amazing, their stuff from "the older days".

Thingle 2007-12-23 06:50

They are not punk. Maybe mall-punk, but not punk in the strictest sense of the world. Just some group of pretty-boys who diss Bush when everyone else hates him.

Maybe we'll hear a get out of Iraq song this time, or American idiot pt.2.

bungoman 2007-12-24 09:12

I'd rather listen to the Descendants or The Marked Men if I'm gonna listen to pop-punk.

Scala Caeli 2007-12-25 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thingle (Post 1310149)
They are not punk. Maybe mall-punk, but not punk in the strictest sense of the world. Just some group of pretty-boys who diss Bush when everyone else hates him.

Don't haphazardly label a band you haven't researched. :) They said themselves that they were post-punk.

By the way, there's something really unique to me about Armstrong's voice and singing method that I can't really describe...but it's awesome.

Thingle 2007-12-25 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scala Caeli (Post 1313305)
Don't haphazardly label a band you haven't researched. :) They said themselves that they were post-punk.

By the way, there's something really unique to me about Armstrong's voice and singing method that I can't really describe...but it's awesome.

I've better things to do with my time than to research on fake music.

Daughter! 2007-12-26 20:04

There's no such thing as Post Punk or any of that. They are Punk. The end.

I like their old stuff, but they are by no means the holy grail of Punk or anything. They get a bad reputation because they're on the radio, but they've never been great.

Scala Caeli 2007-12-27 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop-Punk Sucks (Post 1314923)
There's no such thing as Post Punk or any of that. They are Punk. The end.

Punk is too general a category. :/ But whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop-Punk Sucks (Post 1314923)
I like their old stuff, but they are by no means the holy grail of Punk or anything. They get a bad reputation because they're on the radio, but they've never been great.

Green Day should never have been on the radio. They were too good for it, so I don't how they got into the mainstream.

Here's hoping their new stuff is more meaningful. :P

arcadeplayer987 2007-12-28 08:24

I love them, Boulevard of Broken Dreams is my favorite album

Sarugaki 2007-12-30 11:01

Quote:

what's punk anyway ? are you punk ?

orangegreendaysuite 2008-02-02 19:50

omfg I love Green Day!!! it's so cool thati found a thread about them here...

my most fave album by them has to be Nimrod!!!
is there an official date for the release of the new Green Day album? cause i really want to know. :D

and i don't really care about what genre they're in. as long as their music is awesome, im good

UzumakiW 2008-02-02 20:07

Quote:

I fully agree. Don't mean to start anything, but I can't stand Green Day, I can't stand their singer, and I can't stand when people call them punk.