AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kirarin Revolution (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30838)

Kaoru Chujo 2006-04-08 18:41

Kirarin Revolution

This is a pure shoujo title that airs at 6 p.m. Saturdays, and is probably aimed at pre- and early-teen girls. But I loved the first episode.

It is the story of Kirari, a very cute 14-year-old who loves to eat. She meets a guy on the street and falls in love. He gives her a ticket to his show. It turns out that he is a member of an idol group. In order to get close to him, she determines to become an idol, too. It's a crazy comedy. She dreams of food, gobbles down stacks of pancakes, and often seems to have drool coming out of her mouth (except when she is being impossibly cute). And she has a little mascot animal that rides around on her head (nobody seems to take much notice) and has the means to defend her from danger. Kirari herself is a nice combination of gluttonous child, bold heroine, and pretty idol.

I enjoyed the shoujo look and character design, with the impossibly large eyes. And I thought the chibi-face moments were used as well as I have ever seen them used.

The voice acting isn't great. The star is an idol from Morning Musume, Kusumi Koharu. She sounds older, but is supposed to be 13. I often defend untrained seiyuu as bringing something special to a role, but in this case I found her voice difficult to hear and either unexpressive or over-expressive. But the character still works really well for me. The animation is quite witty, in my opinion. The star does the OP and ED, neither of which I found anything special, but both of which I enjoyed.

All in all, I enjoyed episode 1 a lot more than I expected. I found it very warm and funny. YMMV. On 2channel, there are mild supporters and strong detractors. And people who just lust after the very idol-like Kirari.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...irarincap1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rar5incap2.jpg

ANN page
official site (very sparse)
ja.wiki

gknight 2006-04-09 11:55

sounds nice, i really love shoujo but i need it to have a big plot (like Princess tutu or Ashita no Nadja), i hope this one won't disappoint me.
thanks for the reccomendation! ^^

Kaoru Chujo 2006-04-12 23:52

episode 01 raw

I've blogged episode 1. I liked it just as much when I watched it for the third time. There are caps and a full summary on the blog.

I kind of doubt this will have much resemblance to Ashita no Nadja or Princess Tutu, but I found it really funny.

It's refreshing for me to find a show I like that doesn't air after midnight. How I can like the humor in this when I like Suzumiya Haruhi and Dai Mahou Touge so much? Can there be some hidden similarity? Well, all three are totally absurd....

Chiibi 2006-04-13 15:56

I've got the job of translating this for Shinki fansubs. :D I love the character designs. Kirari LOOKS like the 14-year-old that she is and thank god she doesn't have the C-cup figure that seems to be trendy in SHOUJO, yes, SHOUJO series nowadays. XP

This show is really cute but I am not impressed by Kirari's seiyuu so far. She needs to sound.....cuter? Kirari herself is pretty kawaii but I wish she wasn't such a glutton.-_- I hate it when they do that to shoujo heroines-it's just repulsive,degrading, DUMB, and really not funny. But.....Hiroto? LUV:D

Kaoru Chujo 2006-04-22 00:47

episode 3 raw

I just had a chance to watch episode 3 and found myself laughing out loud several times. This is not the series to watch if you demand originality or real tension. But if you like to have these buttons pushed, this show pushes them beautifully well. This week we have the nasty competitor (with her own nasty little companion animal). You can guess how their audition may turn out, but the ride is a lot of fun. Like I said before: fun for the whole family.

I now have confidence in the producers of this show. Whether I'll be able to blog it or not, I'm not sure, but I'm in for a while. Really funny and cute. And although the real idol seiyuu who voices Kirari has a very raw voice, she makes the character work for me in some bizarre way. Of course, I don't mind the meme of the beautiful girl who turns into a sloppy glutton at the drop of a fork. I think it may be a way of honoring the child within.

Chiibi 2006-04-22 11:21

Lucky you-I'm still waiting for l33t raws to release epsiode 3. >_< Hm, the eating thing, yeah it still bugs me but I read somewhere that Japanese like to show characters eating a lot because it indicates that the character is healthy? Or something? *shrug* It's crazy-Kirari's such a tiny little girl-wtf does all the food go? XD

The opening song is starting to grow on me. I still don't favor the voice but it is quite catchy now.

I ordered the first volume of the manga and will post info about it once I get to read it. I think I know who Kirari is really going to end up with...:D

Apocryphal 2006-04-25 19:14

Kaoru-san, I think you should definitely blog this series, especially since that no one else is. This is not surprising since its target audiences do not have a blog to run.
Chiibi, is this Shinki fansubs going to release any episode any time soon? Also, I think the 6th volume kind of finalizes the couples since Kirari realizes her true feelings or something.
Lastly, can any of you weager a guess at how many episodes this would run for?

Chiibi 2006-04-27 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocryphal
Kaoru-san, I think you should definitely blog this series, especially since that no one else is. This is not surprising since its target audiences do not have a blog to run.
Chiibi, is this Shinki fansubs going to release any episode any time soon? Also, I think the 6th volume kind of finalizes the couples since Kirari realizes her true feelings or something.
Lastly, can any of you weager a guess at how many episodes this would run for?

I'm going to work on it for Shinki as soon as my finals for college end. Which is after tomorrow.:D You are right about volume 6.:D My estimation is that this'll be a 26-er episode series-crammin 6 vols of manga in a 13-ep one is ridiculous!:uhoh:

Also, I just recieved my copy of volume one of the manga! Here's the juice:

*Kirari-chan's not as gluttonous-what a surprise.-_- She still likes crepes and eating in general but we don't see her cram her otherwise pretty face half as much. There was no devouring a barrel of apples, a mountain of hotcakes OR a whole ham.-_-

*Here I was wondering where her mother was in the show but the manga hasn't even shown either one of her parents and there ain't no chipmunk granny yet either.:rolleyes:

*Erina does not have ugly mascot dog. She is still an evil little bitch though. XD

*Hiroto and Seiji are pretty much the same. However Hiroto is just a tiny bit more playful...^^

*In case anyone was wondering, Naa-san is a male cat.

With the exception of extra characters and very very minor changes, the anime follows the first manga chapters quite loyally. What wasn't shown in the manga though, was Kirari's determination speech and all the boys clapping for her in episode 2. Kinda disappointing, ne?

Riria 2006-04-28 20:17

So someone is going to sub it? Cool! When does it come out?

Chiibi 2006-04-30 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riria
So someone is going to sub it? Cool! When does it come out?

I just said I'm not sure XD. The fourth ep just aired this week.

Celes__ 2006-05-02 09:35

I agree that Koharu isn't a good seiyuu yet, but I think she's doing quite well being her first time, and it's not like the anime is amazing either.

mippa 2006-05-02 14:23

I saw this series at the gym for the first time last week and was shocked that no one was subbing it yet. It seems to be prime fandom material if you ask me. Even if it is kinda silly and cheesy. (Yes, the MoMusu seiyuu is soooo bad...)

doink-chan 2006-05-02 14:57

doinkies is also following this series, partially because I'm a sucker for anime about idol singers (especially if they're shoujo), and partially because I like Morning Musume. Yes, I admit it, I like Morning Musume and I'm not ashamed of it! :D That said, compared to, say, myco in FMoS, Kusumi Koharu's acting is rather...doinky. Her singing is better than her acting, I think. Hopefully her acting will improve as the series goes on. Also anxiously waiting the cameo appearance of Yoshizawa Hitomi (another MoMusu member). ;) And chiibi, if you need any help translating KR for Shinki, please PM doinkies...^^

*wonders why ep 4 raw hasn't been posted on TT yet...*

Chiibi 2006-05-05 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by doink-chan
doinkies is also following this series, partially because I'm a sucker for anime about idol singers (especially if they're shoujo), and partially because I like Morning Musume. Yes, I admit it, I like Morning Musume and I'm not ashamed of it! :D That said, compared to, say, myco in FMoS, Kusumi Koharu's acting is rather...doinky. Her singing is better than her acting, I think. Hopefully her acting will improve as the series goes on. Also anxiously waiting the cameo appearance of Yoshizawa Hitomi (another MoMusu member). ;) And chiibi, if you need any help translating KR for Shinki, please PM doinkies...^^

*wonders why ep 4 raw hasn't been posted on TT yet...*

OMG DOINKIES!?:twitch: I didn't know you were a member here! *glomps* Yes, I really might need your help because I got the manga but episode 4 completely turns a different way and argh...Koharu's voice...XD But thanks for volunteering-you're awesome! :)

doink-chan 2006-05-06 21:34

Yes, doinkies is a member here - I don't post often though ^^;;; I usually just lurk.

Apocryphal 2006-05-07 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi
My estimation is that this'll be a 26-er episode series-crammin 6 vols of manga in a 13-ep one is ridiculous!

Based on what you said about the extra characters and stuff, it just might be possible that it would run more than 13, or even 26 episodes. Also because of the lack of shoujo on TV lately, and the past shows such as Full Moon wo Sagashite and the recently ended Mirumo de Pon, I think as long as the series would remain popular at its targeted audience fanbase, it would be more than 26 episodes. My guess is that we are not on volume 2 yet, so at the rate of 7 episodes per volume plus the fillers, it could be a 52-episode series.

Is volume 06 the last volume of the manga? I did not think so, but since its summary is filled words like "final confrontation" and "true feelings," I really am not sure. I do think that the manga is coming to a close, and I think that the anime would strive to end after the manga ends. But then again, I am always wrong.

Quote:

Here I was wondering where her mother was in the show but the manga hasn't even shown either one of her parents and there ain't no chipmunk granny yet either.

Well then, I guess episode 04 is unique to the anime...

Quote:

In case anyone was wondering, Naa-san is a male cat..

I kinda figured that since in episode 02, when Kirari (crossdress mode) introduced Naa-san as Naa-ko, and Hiroto said something like, "I don't get why she dressed her cat as a female" (since Kirari is a female pretending to be male, Naa-san is male pretending to be female...)

Apocryphal 2006-05-07 18:30

Sorry for the double post, but I do not know how long my post can be before it gets deleted.
I saw episode 05 and I liked the fact that the main characters are very well-drawn. I am not looking forward to 06, however, since I saw at least 3 scenes in the trailer that has been recycled from the previous episodes.

Koharu-chan is not getting any better, but one does get used to her. Some websites have claimed that her single for OP and ED is coming out July 12th, so MM fans may have something to look for.

I wonder when the singing in the anime actually starts, since the longer the postpone goes, the longer the series would be, not that I am complaining, of course.

I found the description for volume 03 of the manga in a language I could understand and it said: (I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler, but since I do not know how to use the spoiler tags yet, do not read the paragraph below if you do not want to be spoiled)
edit: Yeah! I learned how to use the spoiler tags!

Spoiler:

edit: Looking forward to the angst that's bound to come!

Chiibi 2006-05-07 20:09

Eeeeeeeee! I'm looking forward to thaaaat! I want her to kiss Hiroto-kuuun! :love:

Apocryphal 2006-05-07 21:48

Quote:

Eeeeeeeee! I'm looking forward to thaaaat! I want her to kiss Hiroto-kuuun! :love:

I doubt that it would happen until they get together, because I just can't imagine that in just the 3rd volume... :eyespin:

Also, Konami is developing a DS game for this series called Kirarin Revolution: Kira Kira Idol Audition. I guess this anime is rather popular in Japan, which is a contrast to the apathy here. Who knows? If it gets subbed, it might be a little bit more popular.

mangatron 2006-05-08 12:12

You know, ever since I watched the first episode I always get reminded of MMPPP (Mermaid Melody). The big eyes, the cute innocence, the...yes, I like this series.

Wanna know the contradiction? I hate food. Period.

love that eye-catch :heh: :heh: :uhoh: :heh: