AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81397)

Pellissier 2009-05-08 00:38

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

slayer545-sama 2009-05-08 14:19

GREAT EPISODE! Rewatch! Finished and my comments.
This episode was great! If there things in this episode it would three of them! The first one would be the whole Hinagiku and her mother scenario. The second is Nagi's flustering and the 1 million yen. The third is of course Maria! She WAS SO MOE WITH HER OLD SCHOOL UNIFORM!
What I liked:
-The beginning was epic! How Nagi was reminding herself of what happened to her in #5 was hilarious. :XD: Indeed the hair drying along with Hayate seeing her naked and the kiss was just too much for Nagi. Now she is so flustered she had to not see Hayate for three days or she would explode.
-Maria to compensate gives Hayte 1 million yen. WHAT!? That is like 10 000 dollars in USA money about. CRAZY! Even Hayate freaks out!
-Himuro smelling money on Hayate was hilarious. :071: along with Sonia the nun asking for donations and Saeki of course we all know it is for sake. The best most likely how Hayate was freaking out that they too dangerous to have any of the money he has.
-Hayate to counter the threat puts 100 000 yen (about 1000 in USA currency) into his jacket and throws it away to distract.
-I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the part where he gives 500 000 to save the poor family from the Yakuza and the families' daughter medical bill could be paid which HAYATE SAVED HER! Man is he THE BEST butler ever! He is amazing and has almost all the 7 virtues that Socrates once said.
-Again appreciated the compassion to help the little kid with 200 000 yen for breaking the vase that he was to give his mom. Sure saved so much pain and scolding to the little kid. Hayate is so nice.
-The next thing was a condensed help of three people (The poor little girl who lost her wallet with all her savings, found it was sad she had to sacrifice her comic buying spree because in Japan as a kid it is a great sacrifice to do since anime is rampant. Then there is the poor man whose father collapsed that thanks to Hayate could see him by buying that ticket he needed. Finally the least I would consider helping but LOVE is so important so the married couple helping was good. There was also the manga guy, I am sure Nagi would help him.). Once again Hayate helping all of these made in 0 yen left.One has to ask himself if the happiness of these people was worth ignoring to keep the money. To be honest NO simply because money comes and goes but feelings never leave nor the help one gives out.
-Loved how they reminded me of the first episode how he met Nagi in that same spot he was at. When left with no money in the snow.
-BIGGEST SURPRISE: Hinagiku of all people finds him, would have been nicer if Ayumu found him but Hinagiku FANS CAN REJOICE TO THAT!
-Hayate thinking of perverted thought about Hinagiku while taking a bath at her house just because she takes her baths there. :hahaha:
-ABSOLUTELY LOVED Hinagiku's mom! Mainly because she gets a kick off of young boys like Hayate but also because she is nice and generous.
-Hayate wearing Hinagiku's father clothing was LOL.
-Also the mom wanting him to wear the cat ears! LOL :XD:
-Hayate using Saeki's room was LOL because of the empty alcohol bottles behind.
-Maria and Nagi in pajamas! MOE MOE MOE KYUN! Especially Nagi! Too loli cute!
-WTH Hayate doing over 350 push ups with one hand and one finger! O_O Wow he is really STRONG!
-Hayate studying but Hinagiku pointing out a mistake but in reality she wanted to know how did the confession of Ayumu go. In the end Hayate misunderstood that he sucked in studying. That was just LOL for misunderstanding.
-Hayate staying up all night because he though it was him sucking at school work. Hahahha!
-Hinagiku not being honest with her feelings was LOL. We all know Hayate is her type and that she likes him.
-Ayumu dreaming of doing ecchi things to Hayate was :hahaha: a lot.
-Hinagiku thinking about Hayate keeping his distance from Ayumu when Hayate thinks it has to do with Nagi. LOL
-There was this warm feeling when everyone he lent money to came back to the mansion to give it back and it was 1 million with some change!
-Hayate looks good with no butler uniform. Also LOL @ Hinagiku freaking out at what if everyone finds out about him staying at her place.
-LOL @ Hayate having to hang up to Maria because he though he lost the 1 million yen when in reality it was all given back.
-Maria getting worried so she puts her old school uniform so that she can find out what is happening with Hayate in school.
-I was so O_O when Maria announced that she was student council president at 10! WOW that is amazing!
-LOL @ Maria trying to get attention off of her only to realize that the glasses she put on made her even more MOE!
-Maria in the end puts some serious Nerd glasses and I wonder if her vision will not be worst with those.
What I did not like:
-Absolutely nothing in this one! All of it was great!

One of the best was Hinagiku's mom! I LOVE HER! She is funny, gets a kick off of young boys (once again) and is beautiful. Lucky husband!
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...0508202945.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...0508202805.jpg

Another kick was Maria in school uniform and the whole thing with the glasses!
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...0508205104.jpg

Hinagiku shots for fans here! :D

LOL! Hayate thinks perverted thoughts just because he using same bathroom that Hinagiku!
Spoiler:

serenade_beta 2009-05-08 15:37

Spoiler for ep6:

Huh~~~?!! Nagi? What is that? Some type of food? Is it delicious? Did a heroine with that name exist? <--(笑

Mentar 2009-05-08 17:00

Very nice, as expected ^_^ ... loved the Ayumu addition.

It should be noted though that they're "softening up" Hina quite a bit. In the manga, Hina has quite a temper and a bit of a short fuse... and Hayate is great at riling her up and catching Hina's anger. Most of this aspect has been removed from the episode.

We'll see next episode if they're intentionally altering Hina's temperament significantly (I hope they won't!), or if this was just a slightly streamlined version.

Shiroth 2009-05-08 17:14

Shame they didn't animated the mahjong part. Loads of laughs in that chapter, though it's easy to tell already that there plan this season isn't humor, and they just wanna get straight into things.

I'm glad they handled the Maria part well, especially when she doesn't get as much time in the spotlight compared to most of the cast. Nice job with the cliffhanger as well.

qwertyman 2009-05-08 17:42

Wow, even though that was just 2 (or 2.5 chapters) worth of material, it felt like they went through those chapters at a blazing speed, yet the episode still felt real long.

Good stuff all around. Just hope this season is 52 eps long so they can get to where the manga is at D:

xellos2099 2009-05-08 19:36

They cut some minor corner here:

Spoiler for Scene:

Overall excellent episode, definite worth setting it autorepeat in the player.

Keio 2009-05-08 19:41

Maria looked so good when she wore her school uniform and glasses, I just couldn't resist putting her in my avatar. :heh:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...assessmall.jpg

It was mentioned in an earlier episode thread that Maria is the only confirmed girl that Hayate is attracted too; this episode pretty much confirms that he is at least attracted to Hina as well. A very tough decision for him to make.

Ashlotte 2009-05-08 21:27

Aye...The seifku was nice, but then she just had to go and add the glasses for the sure kill punch. :heh:

JaLooNz 2009-05-08 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimichi (Post 2384815)
Aye...The seifku was nice, but then she just had to go and add the glasses for the sure kill punch. :heh:

There will be even greater stuff coming next week!;)

sikvod00 2009-05-08 23:01

Next episode is going to be SOOOO delicious.:p:D

DragoonKain3 2009-05-08 23:48

For both Hina and Maria fans alike!

For someone from both camps, that's just awesome.

Anyways, this episode marks the arc where Hinagiku dominates the screentime. Oddly enough though, this arc actually improves my impressions of Maria moreso than Hina. Might be because with the seifuku, she actually looks her age, and she shows interest/concern over Hayate that was few and far between last season.

Two thumbs up from me!

Mentar 2009-05-09 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keio (Post 2384635)
It was mentioned in an earlier episode thread that Maria is the only confirmed girl that Hayate is attracted too; this episode pretty much confirms that he is at least attracted to Hina as well. A very tough decision for him to make.

When I read the manga, this chapter really made me raise my eyebrows. The symbolism of being lost out in the cold again, lamenting that this time it was entirely his own fault, and that this time there would be no ojousama to save him... only to have Hina appear to do just that. "The flag is raised", so to say.

SimplyBill 2009-05-09 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 2384520)
Wow, even though that was just 2 (or 2.5 chapters) worth of material, it felt like they went through those chapters at a blazing speed, yet the episode still felt real long.

Good stuff all around. Just hope this season is 52 eps long so they can get to where the manga is at D:

I think it was 3.5 chapters. From "Good, or Don't be" to "Elevator action won't ever be featured in Newtype".

Anyway, the episode was the best as of yet.

Mecha_Trueno 2009-05-09 09:55

DAMMIT! Why does it have to end there!:mad: I was looking forward to see what Maria does to "tease" him:heh:

I can't believe I didn't notice before... Maria's uniform is a slightly differnt colour this season, last season it was a lighter blue.

Quote:

Maria wins hands down:p

justsomeguy 2009-05-09 13:02

The mahjong part was not too relevant, so it was skipped here, especially with another show covering the subject.

Too bad they dumped Nagi's cosplay comment; that was the punchline of its chapter.

Deathkillz 2009-05-09 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 (Post 2384977)
For both Hina and Maria fans alike!

For someone from both camps, that's just awesome.

Anyways, this episode marks the arc where Hinagiku dominates the screentime. Oddly enough though, this arc actually improves my impressions of Maria moreso than Hina. Might be because with the seifuku, she actually looks her age, and she shows interest/concern over Hayate that was few and far between last season.

Two thumbs up from me!

Ditto, but Maria has always been the win for me for obvious reasons :D

And it was damn hilarious when Maria put on those glasses that amplified her moe levels instead of hiding it. Simply put, she looks hot in anything (although I prefer her mature look when she is a maid over the school uniform).

Hina also getting lots of lovely scenes is what I like to see. You can tell that she is in love with Hayate yet she is the type who won't confess to her feelings straight on. Kinda like Maria~

The preview looks mischievous aswell (finally some solid romance development for Maria!?!).

Forever 2009-05-09 14:18

OMG the best episode of second season so far. Hina! :love: Hina :love:

Mentar 2009-05-09 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 2385785)
Hina also getting lots of lovely scenes is what I like to see. You can tell that she is in love with Hayate yet she is the type who won't confess to her feelings straight on. Kinda like Maria~

Mhh... it's only a detail, but I don't think so. Hina is confused, not in love. Hayate is on her mind, but she doesn't understand why. I don't think that she's actually lying to herself. And heck, when you're seriously "in love", you know it ;)

Quote:

The preview looks mischievous aswell (finally some solid romance development for Maria!?!).
Oh? Are you one of the lucky guys who does NOT know the manga yet? If so, I soooo envy you. Ep7 is bound to be epic.

SimplyBill 2009-05-09 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2386122)
Mhh... it's only a detail, but I don't think so. Hina is confused, not in love. Hayate is on her mind, but she doesn't understand why. I don't think that she's actually lying to herself. And heck, when you're seriously "in love", you know it ;)

Oh? Are you one of the lucky guys who does NOT know the manga yet? If so, I soooo envy you. Ep7 is bound to be epic.

I agree. I envy the people who are ignorant of what will happen. The excitement is twice or thrice than ours.