AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63963)

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-26 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1488471)
I thought we were discussing Shakugan no Shana II Episode 23, not ChrissieXD vs. The United Nations.

EDIT: Nor Shakugan no Shana II - Spoilers & Speculations.

huh, united Nations YAY!!! Thanks for the reinforcements:D:D:D

FlareKnight 2008-03-26 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1488471)
I thought we were discussing Shakugan no Shana II Episode 23, not ChrissieXD vs. The United Nations.

EDIT: Nor Shakugan no Shana II - Spoilers & Speculations.

So what your saying is that we can't impose economic sanctions or anything on CrissieXD :heh:?

Wonder why it is when I heard that preview about Yuji calling out the one he wanted to protect, I keep thinking he's just going to say his mother or something.

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-26 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 1488490)
So what your saying is that we can't impose economic sanctions or anything on CrissieXD :heh:?

Wonder why it is when I heard that preview about Yuji calling out the one he wanted to protect, I keep thinking he's just going to say his mother or something.

no he's gonna yell Misaki, and Shana, and Kazumi will be like who the hell is she, then they'll realize he was talking about the city, and be like o.O WTF

KaneDragon 2008-03-26 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer (Post 1488449)
The Corpse Collector didn't develop an ability that turns torches into humans again, where the heck did you get that idea.

Look again, ChrissieXD was just making a non-serious speculation.

Quote:

*snicker* Perhaps the calls for an embargo were too hasty... :heh:

CapoExecutor 2008-03-26 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1488405)
Unless Kazumi becomes a flame haze contracted by Pheles, as I argued in the Episode 22 discussion thread. :p Or, if that corpse collector shows that the spell he was creating brings a torch back to life and recreates Yuji as a mortal.

Besides, I'm sure Pheles could always turn Kazumi into a torch and give her a reiju maigo.

Pheles loves her freedom despite being a bit on the edge. So it's better that Kazumi become the Flame Haze contracted to Valac instead. At least when it comes to killing enemies, Kazumi would have a talking dagger who would instruct her where and how to stab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon (Post 1488414)
But if Pheles became sponsor to a Flame Haze, she'd miss out on all the hot sex0r with Johan. And she can't just pump out more Mangos, because that would be totally br0k3n.

Better yet, how about if Pheles creates an offshoot of the Reiji Maigo and calls it "Kyo Dai" (I think it means brothers in a yakuza way) or something like that? Of course, that's just my opinion since Kyo Dai is an idea I'm already using.

Reiji Maigo Ver. 1.1

Reiji Maigo Ver. 2.0

Reiji Maigo Ver. 7.5

S_K 2008-03-26 21:26

we're nearing the end of this series, so is there any sign of a third season? :p
just wondering...

Aquifina 2008-03-26 22:06

A strong episode I was happy with.

Some comments:

1. Like an earlier poster, I think Hecate lets Yuji live, partly as a consequence of the whole Konoe arc. There's no reason for her to do so, and there's that scene at the beginning where she brings her staff down, and Yuji expects it to be a killing blow. And it's strongly implied that she sees him enter the clocktower. I expect there to be more fallout from the Konoe arc to be shown in the last ep.

2. The theme of Yuji and Shana fighting together was quite well done. I dare say it was a sign of real progress in their relationship, and I hope it leads to them being finally together at the end of this season.

3. I honestly don't know whether or not I want a 3rd season. Whatever they do, I just hope they resolve the love triangle. However, if they *do* do a third season, I can see the writers leaving things ambiguous. Perhaps they'll do what they did with season 1--make it seem resolved, but leave enough room for a reset later.

4. The maniacal mad scientist was well done.

minhtam1638 2008-03-26 22:58

Quote:

No, you cannot impose economic sanctions on ChrissieXD.

Think about it. Yuji wants to protect the city. Kazumi's part of it, and I don't know why the hell he'd want to protect Shana when she can fight for herself. (Assuming that no crazy stuff happens like Season 1 Episode 21.)

vorpal83 2008-03-26 23:08

Leaving your sanity out of it, you gotta be pretty brave to support Kazumi on this forum

KholdStare 2008-03-27 00:45

Well, the one thing about Shana is that it has great use music, that's for sure. It's fine if episode 23 is entirely leading up to the (assumably good) episode 24, but episode 24 better be REALLY good. Hecate love. :love:

And I agree with Aquifina. Please have some feeling of an ending and don't leave it as a complete cliffhanger like CG, because SnS 2 doesn't need more bad things.

teelotes 2008-03-27 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquifina (Post 1488701)
Like an earlier poster, I think Hecate lets Yuji live, partly as a consequence of the whole Konoe arc. There's no reason for her to do so, and there's that scene at the beginning where she brings her staff down, and Yuji expects it to be a killing blow. And it's strongly implied that she sees him enter the clocktower. I expect there to be more fallout from the Konoe arc to be shown in the last ep.

I don't think it's that much a consequence of Konoe Fumina. Has she ever wanted to kill Yuji? I don't think she has ever "wanted" anything at all. All her actions have been orders from Bel Poel and part of her greater scheme for Bal Masqué. If she ever did wish for anything, it's just Bel Poel making use of her.

I suspect the consequence of the Konoe arc would be more evident in the Statue of Pride, since the emotions and feelings collected give it its mind.

teelotes 2008-03-27 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1487990)
Hold on - Hayato is not exposed to the truth at this part of the storyline. Unless Takahashi decides to pull the plug at novel 17, it's not going to happen.

I guess this is wishful thinking on my part that applies to both the novel and anime. Hayato is a character that provides contrast and also good teamwork alongside Yuji; it's really a pity that this character has gone to waste.

Wishful thinking aside, I would still be curious about how Hayato is coming to terms with Kasumi's answer, so hopefully that will be explained if there is a third season. And then maybe a proper exit scene, instead of leaving him lingering in the plot.

ForgedGlory 2008-03-27 03:31

I want to see Yuji plunge his big sword into Hecate XD :heh:

qtipbrit 2008-03-27 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1488980)
And I agree with Aquifina. Please have some feeling of an ending and don't leave it as a complete cliffhanger like CG, because SnS 2 doesn't need more bad things.

Even though it's quite clear that a third season is imminent, I doubt that there will be a cliffhanger ending (this is what happens when you first finish Code Geass.) J.C. Staff using the two extra minutes of the ED to quickly cover some important events is proof that they're at least trying to be able to end it well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedGlory (Post 1489256)
I want to see Yuji plunge his big sword into Hecate XD :heh:

I hate you.

But really, Hecate is great.

Kristen 2008-03-27 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by teelotes (Post 1489234)
I don't think it's that much a consequence of Konoe Fumina. Has she ever wanted to kill Yuji? I don't think she has ever "wanted" anything at all. All her actions have been orders from Bel Poel and part of her greater scheme for Bal Masqué. If she ever did wish for anything, it's just Bel Poel making use of her.

I suspect the consequence of the Konoe arc would be more evident in the Statue of Pride, since the emotions and feelings collected give it its mind.

The only thing that really made me think was that bird Hecate watched the first time Sociometry played. Maybe she finally had some sort of emotions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorpal83
Leaving your sanity out of it, you gotta be pretty brave to support Kazumi on this forum

Or madly in love.

Deathscyther 2008-03-27 08:21

*gives Kazumi to ChrissieXD*

So now everyone's happy. Yuji and Shana can be together. Chrissie has Kazumi. No more worrying about the love triangle:p

Anyways, I love dantalion and domino. They are great XD
But yeah, I wonder how they'll end the season (and maybe series) in this last episode. A lot is happening, so they'll do it either in a superb way...or they'll ruin the whole series with it XD;

CapoExecutor 2008-03-27 08:38

When will there ever be any scenes of Bel Peol fighting? Yuji fell into the darkness below but Dantalion mentioned about the huge power of existence source in the ground that Bel Peol placed a seal over. Perhaps there might be a chance that Yuji can still disrupt their plans for the Statue of Pride?

Xellos 2008-03-27 10:48

I just got around to watching this episode last night.

The Good: Yuji continuing to be an anti-Shinji, less commentary from Kazumi.
The Bad: Dantalion talking way too much.
The WTF: Margery getting destroyed by Sydonay. I know it was an ambush but I figured she would've put up a shield rather than take a potshot. Fits her nature I suppose.

Overall, a decent episode considering it's just setting up for the finale. I just hope that the last episode is actually up to the task and finishes strong. It's too bad they didn't condense the whole first half of the series into fewer episodes to give more time to the current developments.

ForgedGlory 2008-03-27 11:02

I'm almost certain that its going to end with a cliffhanger.

DeotoxSlayer 2008-03-27 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedGlory (Post 1489814)
I'm almost certain that its going to end with a cliffhanger.

where do you get that cetanty from???

holyman282 2008-03-28 05:19

yeah it definitely looks like a cliffhanger to me, the last ep would definitely not be long enough to conclude this development of events.

On another note, this ep was awesome, as Shana second is coming to an end the ep are becoming more and more intense, the action is getting good and drama is thick in the air.

This is one thing i love about Shana, it never fails to keep me at the edge of my seat.... Hollywood movies should really learn something from them..

Guardian Enzo 2008-03-28 21:03

The Margery eyecatch alone was worth a "9".

Forever 2008-03-29 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1488388)
Quite possibly. I mean, in season 1 from the very OP when Shana runs and cries in Yuji's arms I thought "That looks like a very unnatural couple." And then that scene where Kazumi tells Yuji "You're human, because you're warm" showed me who the natural couple is. Maybe it's because I can connect more to her personality or something...

But win, Kazumi, win!

My possible ending ratings are Yuji chooses Kazumi over Shana>Shana dies and Yuji choose Kazumi>Kazumi dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Shana dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Kazumi dies and Yuji chooses Shana>Yuji chooses Shana over Kazumi

Hmm I am a neutral sliding towards Kazumi. Prefeably shana goes for a round the world tour after everything is settled and Yuji marries Kazumi. 70 years later after Kazumi had died, Shana comes back for Yuji to spend eternity with him.

Anyway as an anime only watcher, the episode is not bad, full of action and there is some kind of plot. As long there is some adequate closure at the final ep, this season still can get a B+ from me.

Tasdern 2008-03-31 08:37

For the true geeks watching, the morse code Domino uses to control the robots is "CQ".

minhtam1638 2008-03-31 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever (Post 1494742)
Hmm I am a neutral sliding towards Kazumi. Prefeably shana goes for a round the world tour after everything is settled and Yuji marries Kazumi. 70 years later after Kazumi had died, Shana comes back for Yuji to spend eternity with him.

No no no no no no no noooooooooooooo. You don't want to see Yuji married to an old hag.